1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 08:26
    @sonship said
    If someone were to claim to know about this unknown realm by experience, what moral characteristics of such a person would you want to see in them?
    If "...someone were to claim to know about this unknown realm by experience". What do you mean, like somebody featured in an article in a supermarket tabloid?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 08:301 edit
    sonship, do you feel any fear of death? If so, what is the nature of your fear? What does the nature of the fear of death you feel (if you do) tell you about the meaning of your life?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 08:354 edits
    If someone does not understand the question, let me answer as I would.

If someone were to claim to know about this unknown realm by experience, what moral characteristics of such a person would you want to see in them?

Ie. "If someone were to claim to know by experience what will occur upon my death, I would want these personal moral character traits to be strong in that person
    ___________,
    ___________,
    ___________,

etc. "

If someone were to tell me that he knew about this unknown realm of dying, to trust them I would want to see in this person -

honesty, dependability, goodness, sincerity, fearlessness, courage, selflessness (no selfish gain as a motive), great clarity concerning the proprieties of human life, rightness, wisdom, purity, reliability, frankness, sober mindedness, godliness, humility, faithfulness, absoluteness... to mention a few. I would want to notice these moral traits in such a person before I trusted their word about this unknown realm - my death.

Now you should understand how I would answer.
    How would each of you answer?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 08:462 edits
    @sonship said
    If someone does not understand the question, let me answer as I would.

[quote]If someone were to claim to know about this unknown realm by experience, what moral characteristics of such a person would you want to see in them?

Ie. "If someone were to claim to know by experience what will occur upon my death, [b]I would want these personal moral character traits to be s ...[text shortened]... realm - my death.

Now you should understand how I would answer.
    How would each of you answer?
    Give me an example of someone who claims to know about this unknown realm by experience. You mean someone who has had a near death experience or someone who was revived after an unusually long time or some such?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 09:291 edit
    @fmf said
    No. Drivel on in whatever way you choose. Don't wait for prompts from me.
    Death of physicality
    ?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 10:35
    @karoly-aczel said
    Death of physicality
    ?
    Speculate as you see fit.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 11:582 edits
    @karoly-aczel said
    We only become aware of it as we get older because of our conditioning. Or more accurately the lack of conditioning. Death conditioning to be more precise.
    So is it “conditioning”, “lack of conditioning”, “death conditioning” or just a load of straight-out-of-your-bottom waffle?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 12:15
    @divegeester This is my truth,whilst having the HA I had no fear to busy trying to stay alive, then in the hospital waiting for surgery they ask u to sign a form and u are asked if u want reviving, that bit scared me, not the dying part,I chose revival, when I was placed on the operating table I worried not about croaking but who would care for my disabled wife and how would she manage without me, sounds altruistic I know, I had no fear.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 12:56
    @badradger said
    @divegeester This is my truth,whilst having the HA I had no fear to busy trying to stay alive, then in the hospital waiting for surgery they ask u to sign a form and u are asked if u want reviving, that bit scared me, not the dying part,I chose revival, when I was placed on the operating table I worried not about croaking but who would care for my disabled wife and how would she manage without me, sounds altruistic I know, I had no fear.
    It seems the prospect of death can or does draw out attention, at least in part, to the purpose in life that we have created or accepted.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 22:47
    @fmf said
    Speculate as you see fit.
    If I'm speculating, then I'll let you know.

The thread is called "Fear of Death" . Will you not tell me what you mean by this?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 22:48
    @divegeester said
    So is it “conditioning”, “lack of conditioning”, “death conditioning” or just a load of straight-out-of-your-bottom waffle?
    Not waffle.
    Our society doesn't prepare us for death so many have mid-life crises to compensate.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 22:53
    It amazes me that FMF starts a thread about a topic, he gets some answers and then dismisses them.
    For example, as to the nature of consciousness I said earlier that he could find out the nature of it if for himself. That my conclusions were for myself, that which I had found out.

Fear Death? I welcome death. If suicide was a legitimate option , (it is not) , then I would happily shuffle away. Why you ask? Because I know where I'm going when I die... this place is an absolute dump and is hard to even compare with the destination of every soul
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '18 01:16
    @karoly-aczel said
    The thread is called "Fear of Death" . Will you not tell me what you mean by this?
    I think I have. Did you not read my OP and other posts?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '18 01:18
    @karoly-aczel said
    It amazes me that FMF starts a thread about a topic, he gets some answers and then dismisses them.
    No it's just you and your dreary "answer". Maybe somebody else will indulge you.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '18 01:21
    @karoly-aczel said
    Fear Death? I welcome death. If suicide was a legitimate option , (it is not) , then I would happily shuffle away. Why you ask? Because I know where I'm going when I die... this place is an absolute dump and is hard to even compare with the destination of every soul
    OK, thanks. I hope things take a turn for the better for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree