1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '18 20:31
    @fmf said
    OK, thanks. I hope things take a turn for the better for you.
    poor reading comprehension from the like of you is sad.

I dont need things to take a turn for the better.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '18 20:32
    @fmf said
    Your assertion is oblivious. divegeester's answer was interesting. I didn't dismiss it. Ghost of a Duke offered a thoughtful answer. I haven't dismissed it. Chalen (whoever he really is) chipped in. He was not dismissed. badradger offered an interesting bit of personal testimony and an answer which I have not dismissed. sonship, of course, not being one for normal 'talking to pe ...[text shortened]... s far, at least. So that just leaves you who feels dismissed. Have I hurt your feelings, is that it?
    No you haven't hurt my feelings.

keep trying to work me out, perhaps you might even understand one day
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Nov '18 22:24
    @fmf said
    You spammed him and me too. The dialogue made a very pertinent point. You spammed it. What is your more considered response? Engage it. Don't run away.
    I gave it all I thought it deserved, if you think it should have more, you respond.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 00:13
    @kellyjay said
    I gave it all I thought it deserved, if you think it should have more, you respond.
    Don't run away.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 00:50
    @karoly-aczel said
    Fear Death? I welcome death. If suicide was a legitimate option , (it is not) , then I would happily shuffle away. Why you ask? Because I know where I'm going when I die... this place is an absolute dump and is hard to even compare with the destination of every soul
    Oh my. You are so complex.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 01:001 edit
    Really interesting thread! I'm a bit late to the party but here's my take - I'm middle aged-ish...have two awesome kids an AMAZING (in joke about driving) wife, an esoteric dad with a dodgy heart (spoiler alert - bad-badger or squirrel or baron or red beaver or something).....I'm not worried about my death, but I'm terrified by the idea that I wont be around to look after my family, especially my kids.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 01:22
    @fmf said
    Oh my. You are so complex.
    not really
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 01:23
    @stellspalfie said
    Really interesting thread! I'm a bit late to the party but here's my take - I'm middle aged-ish...have two awesome kids an AMAZING (in joke about driving) wife, an esoteric dad with a dodgy heart (spoiler alert - bad-badger or squirrel or baron or red beaver or something).....I'm not worried about my death, but I'm terrified by the idea that I wont be around to look after my family, especially my kids.
    so you going to turn into wormfood?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 03:21
    @karoly-aczel said
    He might be cremated.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 04:23
    @kellyjay said
    We give our lives to Him, He give us His Spirit making
    us born again which is a down payment of what is to come. He sets us free from
    the bondage of needing to fear death, He defeated death for us.
    Do you claim to be "born again"?
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 22:22
    @karoly-aczel said
    I'm going to build a medium-sized pond and have a Viking boat funeral on it.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 22:27
    @stellspalfie said
    I'm going to build a medium-sized pond and have a Viking boat funeral on it.
    thats pleasant.

I'm going to have 'lust for life' by iggy pop ....
    not sure of the methods yet. My mostly watery nature suggests that my loved ones will dispose of the remains appropriately
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 01:141 edit
    @fmf said
    The thread topic is 'fear of death'.
    At least three different, but related, fears are distinguishable.

1. Fear of the process of dying unpleasantly over a long period of time. E.g., through slow, degenerate illness.

2. Fear of what, if anything, happens after death (which is largely determined by one's religious beliefs (if any) or upbringing). This may be a specific, but very acute form of the more general fear of the unknown.

And 3., the fear you mention of the breaking off of personal relationships and what effect that would have on people you care about or who are dependent on you (small children, an invalid relative, etc.). Sudden deaths, especially by misadventure or criminal activity, or where the body is not recovered, deprive those left behind of closure. One can scarcely imagine what Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee is going through. Of course, one wishes to spare one's loved ones anguish and to offer them, if possible, some sort of closure. There is a lot to be said in favor of how people died throughout most of humanity's history: in bed, at home, surrounded by friends and relatives, with an opportunity to say 'good bye.' Dying alone, in hospital, when the last life-support machine has finally been turned off (after a long court battle), I would wish on no one.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '18
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 06:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree