righteousness is never abhorrent. just sayin
    It’s a little tongue in cheek
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 23:12
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    righteousness is never abhorrent. just sayin
    There are people in this community who seem to believe billions of people being permenantly burned in a supernatural furnace for having had the wrong religion - or no religion - while they were on earth is some kind of pinnacle of righteousness, so I think the notion of righteousness can indeed manifest itself in utterly depraved and abhorrent ways.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 05:14
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It’s a little tongue in cheek
    Yep.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 05:16
    Originally posted by @fmf
    There are people in this community who seem to believe billions of people being permenantly burned in a supernatural furnace for having had the wrong religion - or no religion - while they were on earth is some kind of pinnacle of righteousness, so I think the notion of righteousness can indeed manifest itself in utterly depraved and abhorrent ways.
    the righteous know themselves and have no problem embaressing themselves at times. telling truth cant come back at you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 05:201 edit
    the righteous know themselves and have no problem embaressing themselves at times. telling truth cant come back at you.
    What's interesting is that many Christians have to create a distorted, highly ideological definition of "righteous" in order to apply some sanctifying KY jelly to the otherwise not-really-disguised groupist misanthropy that they want to insert up us! 😀
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 05:242 edits
    What's interesting is that many Christians have to create a distorted, highly ideological definition of "righteous" in order to apply some sanctifying KY jelly to the otherwise not-really-disguised groupist misanthropy that they want to insert up us! 😀
    when you live it you know. you know not to judge, just hold a mirror up to the leaches ._.

anyone that tries to compare themselves to jesus is delusional.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 09:04
    Flipflop
    Envy
    Always
    Regrettable.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 11:15
    Again with the furnace. /facepalm
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 11:17
    Get serious.

Ask any Christian. It sure does in this forum, all the time, mainly from people who don't want to hear it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 11:20
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Again with the furnace. /facepalm
    You should perhaps say this to the Christians who propagate the 'burning' non-believers theology: "Again with the furnace".
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 11:49
    Depraved and abhorrent righteousness? Probably the most skewed oxymoron I've ever heard.

Can't imagine how a mind can twist truth out from that.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 11:501 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Depraved and abhorrent righteousness? Probably the most skewed oxymoron I've ever heard.

Can't imagine how a mind can twist truth out from that.
    Whoosh.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 17:20
    Whoosh.
    I know what you were trying to say though.

Some, it seems, are unable to reconcile the idea of a loving God with the idea that the same God will cast billions into outer darkness for all eternity.

It's just one of those conundrums that will be resolved in the afterlife, except by those who know now.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 17:25
    Originally posted by @secondson
    I know what you were trying to say though.

Some, it seems, are unable to reconcile the idea of a loving God with the idea that the same God will cast billions into outer darkness for all eternity.

It's just one of those conundrums that will be resolved in the afterlife, except by those who know now.
    It is not a conundrum. The two are simply incompatible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree