1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 22:54
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    The two are simply incompatible.
    Not if you know and understand the Bible.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 23:231 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    It's just one of those conundrums that will be resolved in the afterlife, except by those who know now.
    It is your prerogative that you tell yourself what you want about what's going to happen to you after you die. But, of course, you doing so does not "reconcile" anything with regard to what I said.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 23:26
    Some, it seems, are unable to reconcile the idea of a loving God with the idea that the same God will cast billions into outer darkness for all eternity.
    Is that where the "supernatural furnace for having had the wrong religion" is located? In the "outer darkness"?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 23:312 edits
    I know what you were trying to say though.

Some, it seems, are unable to reconcile the idea of a loving God with the idea that the same God will cast billions into outer darkness for all eternity.

It's just one of those conundrums that will be resolved in the afterlife, except by those who know now.
    Do you know what he’s saying, do you, really?

Are some people unable to reconcile this with that, are they, really?

Is it a conundrum, is it, really?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 02:55
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Is that where the "supernatural furnace for having had the wrong religion" is located? In the "outer darkness"?
    What "supernatural furnace"?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 02:57
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Do you know what he’s saying, do you, really?

Are some people unable to reconcile this with that, are they, really?

Is it a conundrum, is it, really?
    "Is it a conundrum, is it, really"?

If it wasn't would you be asking if it is?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 03:08
    What "supernatural furnace"?
    It seems as if that's for me to know, and for you to find out.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 05:14
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    It is not a conundrum. The two are simply incompatible.
    Incompatible to sinful people with a finite mind and limited understanding and perspective.

I would rather trust a completely holy and omniscient God with perfect understanding and an eternal perspective.

If a park ranger tries to free the paw of a bear from a steel trap, the bear will view the act as awful due to the ensuing pain and torment.

But the park ranger who, compared to the bear, has greater understanding and a longer perspective knows that for the paw and bear to be healed, the bear must undergo some pain.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 05:20
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Incompatible to sinful people with a finite mind and limited understanding and perspective.

I would rather trust a completely holy and omniscient God with perfect understanding and an eternal perspective.
    Perhaps what you would just so happen "rather" do, whoever you are, is a result of your "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective".

Perhaps Ghost of a Duke, with his "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective" feels he has no reason to "trust" what you say is a completely holy and omniscient God with perfect understanding and an eternal perspective.

In other words, your "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective" thing is a weak debating point when talking to people who may well be considerably smarter and more open-minded than you. I'm surprised you are persisting with it.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 06:301 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Get serious.

Ask any Christian. It sure does in this forum, all the time, mainly from people who don't want to hear it.
    Are you telling me to get serious? Serious?? Pipe your crap down luvvy. Serious/ dont judge me. Only god judges me.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 06:31
    Whoosh.
    Funny
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 06:33
    I know what you were trying to say though.

Jesus and his sons are resolving this right now in this life/
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 07:34
    Perhaps what you would just so happen "rather" do, whoever you are, is a result of your "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective".

Perhaps Ghost of a Duke, with his "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective" feels he has no reason to "trust" what you say is a completely holy and omniscient God with perfect understanding and an et ...[text shortened]... be considerably smarter and more open-minded than you. I'm surprised you are persisting with it.
    What I posted presupposes that God exists and that He is as represented in the Bible, specifically the New Testament, which is a representation of His new covenant with mankind.

I thought we were all discussing and debating the Christian God (i.e. the only living and true God.)
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 07:38
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    What I posted presupposes that God exists and that He is as represented in the Bible, specifically the New Testament, which is a representation of His new covenant with mankind.

I thought we were all discussing and debating the Christian God (i.e. the only living and true God.)
    My point is, this "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective" thing you have bandied about with more than one poster you disagree with - and on more than one thread - is a weak, weak 'debating point'.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 07:40
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Are you telling me to get serious? Serious?? Pipe your crap down luvvy. Serious/ dont judge me. Only god judges me.
    The god you don't believe in?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree