Fear

Fear

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
My point is, this "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective" thing you have bandied about with more than one poster you disagree with - and on more than one thread - is a weak, weak 'debating point'.
Yes, I got it the first time you said it. Saying it again 10 times doesn’t make it any more valid.

F

Moves
10 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
Yes, I got it the first time you said it. Saying it again 10 times doesn’t make it any more valid.
Did you really 'get it', though, that's the question. One wonders why you'd use it again on a poster like Ghost of a Duke, whose outlook is very similar to mine in many ways, when I've basically let you know it made you look foolish when you used it on me. He might just think you're foolish as well.

And yet, don't you have something important you want to get across. Why would you hamstring yourself by using a foolish little bit of rhetoric that failed the day before?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

Did you really 'get it', though, that's the question. One wonders why you'd use it again on a poster like Ghost of a Duke, whose outlook is very similar to mine in many ways, when I've basically let you know it made you look foolish when you used it on me. He might just think you're foolish as well.

And yet, don't you have something important you want to ge ...[text shortened]... uld you hamstring yourself by using a foolish little bit of rhetoric that failed the day before?
It didn’t fail at all.

If you think a sinful human being with a finite mind and limited understanding and perspective can know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective - which is the God of Christianity - you’re just wrong.

Read the book of Job, chapters 38 through 41. It may help.

F

Moves
10 Feb 18
1 edit

It didn’t fail at all.

If you think a sinful human being with a finite mind and limited understanding and perspective can know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective - which is the God of Christianity - you’re just wrong.

Read the book of Job, chapters 38 through 41. It may help.
Neither Ghost of a Duke or I believe in "all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective" like you do, so trying to attribute this difference in belief between you and us to your "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective" 'debating point' in any way is futile. Telling yourself "it didn't fail at all" with me after reading my reaction to it, is a bit odd.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

Neither Ghost of a Duke or I believe in "all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective" like you do, so trying to attribute this difference in belief between you and us to your "finite mind and limited understanding and perspective" 'debating point' in any way is futile. Telling yourself "it didn't fail at all" with me after reading my reaction to it, is a bit odd.
You’re misrepresenting what I wrote (no surprise there.)

Fact is, you can’t know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective - why He does what He does - so to criticize those ways or say you don’t believe in them is arrogant and presumptuous given your limited information.

F

Moves
10 Feb 18

Fact is, you can’t know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective - why He does what He does - so to criticize those ways or say you don’t believe in them is arrogant and presumptuous given your limited information.
You claiming that me saying I do not share your belief in a supernatural being makes me "arrogant and presumptuous" is yet another example of you trying to frame disagreements with you in terms of the character flaws of people with different beliefs.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
The god you don't believe in?
I know you think that Nolsey would worshipp the wrong god but I tell you rite here and right now, as god as my witness and truth as my guide that the only god you ever need address is your own. The choice to stop projecting is yours and yours alone.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

You claiming that me saying I do not share your belief in a supernatural being makes me "arrogant and presumptuous" is yet another example of you trying to frame disagreements with you in terms of the character flaws of people with different beliefs.
Are you really this obtuse? What is arrogant and presumptuous is your thinking you can know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective, regardless of whether you believe such a being exists or not.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I know you think that Nolsey would worshipp the wrong god but I tell you rite here and right now, as god as my witness and truth as my guide that the only god you ever need address is your own. The choice to stop projecting is yours and yours alone.
If you pick on suzianne, you and I are going to engage in fisticuffs.

F

Moves
10 Feb 18

Are you really this obtuse? What is arrogant and presumptuous is your thinking you can know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective, regardless of whether you believe such a being exists or not.
Saying silly things like this does not make these magical things that appeal to your imagination any more real or persuasive to people who are not superstitious in the same way as you are.

It's as if you have next to no experience discussing anything with non-believers. Why you would trot out the same silly little personalized 'debating point' with an atheist like Ghost of a Duke, is baffling.

It just makes you look like you are a bit lost for appropriate things to say [hence the frequent stoops-to-banter too] when faced with people with different belief systems.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

Saying silly things like this does not make these magical things that appeal to your imagination any more real or persuasive to people who are not superstitious in the same way as you are.

It's as if you have next to no experience discussing anything with non-believers. Why you would trot out the same silly little personalized 'debating point' with an athei ...[text shortened]... [hence the frequent stoops-to-banter too] when faced with people with different belief systems.
When you write something substantive, let me know and I’ll respond.

This post of yours is just more whizzing in the pool and poisoning our community

F

Moves
10 Feb 18

When you write something substantive, let me know and I’ll respond.

This post of yours is just more whizzing in the pool and poisoning our community
This generic/unoriginal deflection suggests that the comment of mine it's in response to has connected with its intended target. If so, that's good.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

This generic/unoriginal deflection suggests that the comment of mine it's in response to has connected with its intended target. If so, that's good.
Still whizzing? Let me know when you’ve stopped and would like to discuss something substantive

F

Moves
10 Feb 18

Still whizzing? Let me know when you’ve stopped and would like to discuss something substantive
If any Christian claims to have ever impressed a normal grown up, open-minded, intellectually curious, educated atheist with their superstitions by asserting this...

What is arrogant and presumptuous is your thinking you can know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective, regardless of whether you believe such a being exists or not.

...then that Christian is either a liar or fool.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 18

If any Christian claims to have ever impressed a normal grown up, open-minded, intellectually curious, educated atheist with their superstitions by asserting this...

[b]What is arrogant and presumptuous is your thinking you can know all the ways of a completely holy and omniscient God with an eternal perspective, regardless of whether you believe such a being exists or not.

...then that Christian is either a liar or fool.[/b]
More pointless banter from the whizzmaster