1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '10 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]There is such a thing as "science". And it does show some things in this universe to be either plausible , or not.
    Science is woefully inadequate to explain how, let alone why, life began. We made science up (as a discipline) because we wanted to know how things work. We haven't begun to scratch the surface!

... you'd have to be absolutely imply throw out ALL meaning, just so your world view can have SOME?
    "Eagerly awaiting"?. Well here you are, and not too late I hope.
    I'm assuming your authority is the bible. Mine, as mentioned before, is personal experience cross refrenced with other information(even the bible😲 ).

The crux of all my words on here, and especially in relation to answering your questions are threefold.
    1. That the only trtuh that is 100% relible is that which you have experienced yourself.
    2. We have the chance to take the authority for ourselves,in accordance with universal law, (each in their own way), without infringing on others freedoms, and shape this planet into something a bit more... digestable. (At the moment I'm appalled about hunger,war, religous and political fighting, and even hatred amongst family and neighbours. Just to name a few.)
    3. To truly furthur understanding one must take into acount science and religon. (notice I said "take into account" )

Now what part of the above post here would you consider "baseless gibberish"? .I'm very interested to know and eagerly await your response.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '10 22:21
    Originally posted by Agerg
    wouldn't let me remove an extra bold tag (wouldn't post the edit) 😕
    I've had that problem from time to time, as well. I go to hit 'Post' after my editing, and the screen become a bunch of gibberish--- with my typing interspersed. By hitting the arrow key back and then return to thread (I think that's the order), the edited post makes its way to the thread somehow.

Also, for those longer posts to which I am responding, I found that your have to go in the quoted post box and remove the first bracketed b that you find.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '10 22:23
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You realize, I am sure, that science itself found its modern-day formation as a result of Christians... right? It's beyond laughable when neophytes such as yourself (no insult intended) go popping off about science and common sense, ramification of application and whatnot, when you've not the foggiest idea of basic history, let alone basic concepts such as the ...[text shortened]... practices (as opposed to believers of Christianity) has and still is an impediment to science.
    Christianity itself as a system of belief and practices (as opposed to believers of Christianity) has and still is an impediment to science.
    You are, of course, referring to the RCC, not to Christianity. As stated, the overwhelming majority of what can be construed as the founding fathers of the modern science movement were emphatically Christian.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '10 22:31
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "Eagerly awaiting"?. Well here you are, and not too late I hope.
    I'm assuming your authority is the bible. Mine, as mentioned before, is personal experience cross refrenced with other information(even the bible😲 ).

The crux of all my words on here, and especially in relation to answering your questions are threefold.
    1. That the only trtuh that ...[text shortened]... er "baseless gibberish"? .I'm very interested to know and eagerly await your response.
    Experience has taught us that experience is the worst way possible for a person to learn.

1. That the only trtuh that is 100% relible is that which you have experienced yourself.
    Until we find ourselves wrong, of course.

2. We have the chance to take the authority for ourselves,in accordance with universal law...
    Do tell. Where does one find this universal law?

... without infringing on others freedoms, and shape this planet into something a bit more... digestable. (At the moment I'm appalled about hunger,war, religous and political fighting, and even hatred amongst family and neighbours. Just to name a few.)
    Digestable? Is that a category of something? And what of those wars against religion?

3. To truly furthur understanding one must take into acount science and religon. (notice I said "take into account" )
    I have no idea what you mean.

Now what part of the above post here would you consider "baseless gibberish"? .I'm very interested to know and eagerly await your response.
    The emboldened parts.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '10 23:291 edit
    Experience has taught us that experience is the worst way possible for a person to learn.

[b]1. That the only trtuh that is 100% relible is that which you have experienced yourself.

Until we find ourselves wrong, of course.

2. We have the chance to take the authority for ourselves,in accordance with universal law...
    Do tell. Where does ? .I'm very interested to know and eagerly await your response.[/b]
    The emboldened parts.[/b]
    "Until we find ourselves wrong,of course." Wouldn't that statement back up my claim?
    Where does one find universal law? Funny question coming from a theist who claims that Gods laws are indisputeable. Or am I getting you mixed up with josephw?
    Anyway, i thought you theists could relate to such a claim,(not agree..OF COURSE), since you are making similar claims all the time.
    I'll give you a hint. Universal law is subject to change, but only within certain parameters ,(these are related in the dimensional system of which we are a part of). You earn the right to alter, you are not born with it. It is not written down. There is no escaping it except by means of taking responsibility and also having a damn good reason to do so.

Example: Humankind was going to be totally destroyed in a future scenario, if we kept going down a certain path. It is universal law not to interfere with a planets evolution .(spiritual evolution,that is). However because absolutely no one was going to survive this catastrophe, permission was given from "higher up" for some fifth dimensional E.T.'s to "interfere" in a way that some people might make it (to "heaven" (?)). Apparently this experiment has proved to be successful beyond even their expectations and we will soon enjoy the fruits of these changes .
    You like that?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 15:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "Until we find ourselves wrong,of course." Wouldn't that statement back up my claim?
    Where does one find universal law? Funny question coming from a theist who claims that Gods laws are indisputeable. Or am I getting you mixed up with josephw?
    Anyway, i thought you theists could relate to such a claim,(not agree..OF COURSE), since you are making simil ...[text shortened]... eir expectations and we will soon enjoy the fruits of these changes .
    You like that?
    No, it shows the fallacy of such a stance toward life.

Where does one find universal law? Funny question coming from a theist who claims that Gods laws are indisputeable.
    I'm asking you to specify your take as well as cite your authority for what you call universal law.

Universal law is subject to change...
    I've never heard it put in such self-contradictory terms before. Thanks for the chuckle.

There is no escaping it except by means of taking responsibility and also having a damn good reason to do so.
    I have absolutely no idea what you are saying here. None, whatsoever. So, either you are on a higher plane than I am in terms of intellect and/or intuition, or you've reverted to your native tongue again... leaving me scratching my head over what's being said.

Example: Humankind was going to be totally destroyed in a future scenario... You like that?
    "Where have you gone, L. Ron Hubbard? The lonely nation turns its eyes to you... "
    Um, no.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 22:42
    [b]"Until we find ourselves wrong,of course." Wouldn't that statement back up my claim?
    No, it shows the fallacy of such a stance toward life.

Where does one find universal law? Funny question coming from a theist who claims that Gods laws are indisputeable.
    I'm asking you to specify your take as well as cite your authority for what you cal ...[text shortened]... e have you gone, L. Ron Hubbard? The lonely nation turns its eyes to you... "
    Um, no.[/b]
    1. How can you know the "fallacy" if your intellect ,via experience, doesn't tell you?

2. My take is like universal law is all around , and we are all bound by it. Like gravity.

3.Oxymoronic, isn't it. The main point being here that it isn't the "set-in-stone" type laws that man makes.

4.I said that totally wrong. I'll try again.
    There is no escaping it. Only altering it by earning the right to do so.

5.For an idea of what I think of L.Ron Hubbard feel free to peruse the blurb after the title of my clan..."tool"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree