First amendment right to refuse services to...

First amendment right to refuse services to...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
320d
1 edit

@josephw said
"Gay people" have no greater rights that override the rights of others, and the government has no jurisdiction in the affairs of law abiding private citizens in the administration of their businesses, or private lives, in a free society.
How about if the business owner's "personal convictions" make them unwilling to serve Black people?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
320d

@josephw said
I'm assuming that the content of this thread is based on constitutional law.

You are now crossing the line into an area with regards to the Hippocratic oath.

Either way, if a doctor refuses services to an individual based on his, the doctors ethical/moral convictions, then who am I to force my will on his choice.

Keep the government out of it, and let society regulate itself.
As I suspected, a dodge of my question to you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
320d

@josephw said
I'm assuming that the content of this thread is based on constitutional law.

You are now crossing the line into an area with regards to the Hippocratic oath.

Either way, if a doctor refuses services to an individual based on his, the doctors ethical/moral convictions, then who am I to force my will on his choice.

Keep the government out of it, and let society regulate itself.
I’ll ask you again as I enjoy watching you dodge 🙂

Do you feel it is a justifiable situation if a person arriving at a medical centre in a life threatening condition is refused medical care and dies…. because their private lifestyle offends the doctors religious sensibilities?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
320d

@fmf said
Christianity = what's mine is yours

Does anyone practice their particular religious/ideological perspectives perfectly?

When it comes to self-identifying Christian businesspeople, why indeed isn't it a case of "What's mine is yours", as in: What's my product/ service is yours to benefit from, without judgement, and even if you are a sinner"?

Especially g ...[text shortened]... heir neighbours [/b] and love their enemies and judge others not lest they be judged.
You reason out of context.

The scriptures also teach "believers" to NOT be "unequally yoked together with unbelievers".

It is not biblically acceptable for a believer to be tolerant of those that demand that they provide above and beyond a service or product they believe is immoral.

Accept the fact that the LGBQ+ community will never, under the law of God, be able to force the Christian community to do for them that which the scriptures condemn.

And if they push the matter it will be over our dead bodies. It has been that way since Jesus rose from the dead, and will continue until He returns.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
320d

@fmf said
How about if the business owner's "personal convictions" make them unwilling to serve Black people?
Then their racist perspective will be revealed for what it is and they will ultimately fail both in business and in their Christian life.

God is not a racist, and neither are His children.

And good luck to FMF if he thinks that he will change the world by criticizing Christians, the church and mischaracterizing the Bible.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
320d

@divegeester said
As I suspected, a dodge of my question to you.
Only because you can't stay on topic.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
320d

@divegeester said
I’ll ask you again as I enjoy watching you dodge 🙂

Do you feel it is a justifiable situation if a person arriving at a medical centre in a life threatening condition is refused medical care and dies…. because their private lifestyle offends the doctors religious sensibilities?
If you had any biblical "sensibilities" you wouldn't dodge my reply.

F

Moves
320d

@josephw said
And good luck to FMF if he thinks that he will change the world by criticizing Christians, the church and mischaracterizing the Bible.
"Change the world"?

F

Moves
320d

@josephw said
The scriptures also teach "believers" to NOT be "unequally yoked together with unbelievers".
Does this supersede "love your neighbour and love your enemies and judge others not lest you be judged"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
320d

@josephw said
Only because you can't stay on topic.
Here for the third time is the topical question I asked you and which you have dodged, twice!

OAa

Moves
319d

The charitable thing may well be not trying to give service to a subgroup of individuals. Since others of the group may have been better served.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
319d

@fmf said
"Change the world"?
It's a figure of speech. What's the matter? Keep up.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
319d

@fmf said
Does this supersede "love your neighbour and love your enemies and judge others not lest you be judged"?
Fair question.

The answer is relative to the context in which the verses in question occur.

To create a conflict between seemingly opposing truth belies the truth of each, and demonstrates the exegetical ignorance of anyone that attempts to do so.

Trust me, there's absolutely no way you're going to understand what the scriptures teach while being an agnostic-atheist.

All you can do is debate and argue without understanding.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
319d

@divegeester said
Here for the third time is the topical question I asked you and which you have dodged, twice!

Refer to my original reply.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
319d

@of-ants-and-imps said
The charitable thing may well be not trying to give service to a subgroup of individuals. Since others of the group may have been better served.
If I owned and operated a business I would not refuse a service or sell a product to anyone because of their chosen lifestyle.

What would be the point of losing a sale?

But if my business was such that I offered a product where the customer had options, such as the kind of cake, frosting, and other ingredients, and wanted a big dildo mounted on it, or some other inappropriate and offensive thing, I'd boot them out the door.

It's simple common sense. I will never obey a law that forces me to compromise on the moral standard instituted by my God.