1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:461 edit
    @divegeester said
    Suzianne was being hypocritical in that she herself holds a discriminatory belief against republicans in claiming that a Republican cannot be a true Christian.
    Doesn't matter. Some forms of discrimination are just opinions; others are bigotry.

Suzianne discriminates against bigots. She is not a hypocrite for doing so.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:46
    @vivify said
    For third or fourth time: is Suzianne advocating that Republicans have the civil rights overturned they way Republicans have done to gays?
    I suggest you take this to the Debates Forum. On this forum, I am interested in prejudice and intolerance rooted in religious faith.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:50
    @fmf said
    I suggest you take this to the Debates Forum. On this forum, I am interested in prejudice and intolerance rooted in religious faith.
    You started a thread about the First Amendment and civil liberties. Regardless of your intentions that a is legal and political topic.

Suzianne is intolerant against bigots? Great. That's how anyone should be regardless of religious affiliation.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:521 edit
    @vivify said
    Suzianne is intolerant against bigots? Great. That's how anyone should be regardless of religious affiliation.
    "Bigots"? Suzianne is prejudiced against ALL Christians with conservative values.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:52
    @fmf said
    Her own unacknowledged and visceral prejudice makes her a hypocrite.
    she has visceral prejudice against religious bigots?

Bravo.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:53
    @fmf said
    "Bigots"? Suzianne is prejudiced against ALL Christians with conservative values.
    And? It's an opinion. Not all opinions are bigotry.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:54
    @vivify said
    she has visceral prejudice against religious bigots?

Bravo.
    Nope. Against all Christians with conservative values. She asserts that "they cannot possibly be followers of Jesus".
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:56
    @fmf said
    Nope. Against all Christians with conservative values. She asserts that "they cannot possibly be followers of Jesus".
    Who cares. Still not bigotry.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 12:57
    @vivify said
    You started a thread about the First Amendment and civil liberties. Regardless of your intentions that a is legal and political topic.
    As I said before...

Nonsense. Of course it's a spiritual topic and it's here on the Spirituality Forum rather than the Debates Forum.

The questions are [1] is this, as some claim, a victory for religious liberty? Or [2] has this ruling, as others claim, legitimized a poison in US society?

The "liberty" and "poison" here are in the context of spiritual discourse and professing / acting upon religious faith, clearly.

You should perhaps take your purely "legal and political" stuff to the Debates Forum.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 13:25
    @vivify said
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 13:29
    @vivify said
    Good grief. Are you not reading my posts?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree