For Everyone who judges

For Everyone who judges

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jan 21
1 edit

@sonship said
If you two rapists. One born in the first century AD (CE) and the other in 2000.

The first thought the sun circles the earth, sperm is just a jelly like substance, the stars are set against a black solid dome in the sky, doesn't know what curved space / time is but knows he can fall off a cliff, knows about sunburn but not about ultra violet light or infra-red ...[text shortened]... f his knowledge?

Which one will be more able to justify himself before God as to his crimes?
None. Knowledge justifies nobody. Its the same problem with Christians.

We have two Christians, both sinners. One comes to God with his good works and the other comes with his knowledge of the bible, professions of faith, the rapture, the translations, the interpretation of the scripture. Which one will be more able to justify himself before God as to his crimes?

The answer : (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Romans 2:13 KJV)

God justifies those who do good works and obey the commandments.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 21
1 edit

Anyone else?
I mean else?

If you two rapists. One born in the first century AD (CE) and the other in 2000.

The first thought the sun circles the earth, sperm is just a jelly like substance, the stars are set against a black solid dome in the sky, doesn't know what curved space / time is but knows he can fall off a cliff, knows about sunburn but not about ultra violet light or infra-red light, thinks garbage causes flies to be created.

The second rapist knows the earth goes around the sun, stars are huge gaseous disks billions of miles away, millions of sperm cells can potentially fertilize an egg, gravity is the effect of the curvature of space / time around mass, microscopic eggs from flies grow to be maggots and flies, understands why staying out in the sun light too long hurts his skin, and atoms are composed of neutrons, protons and electrons.

If these two rapists have to give an account for the women they forcefully violated leaving them pregnant and in misery, with haunting memories of violence, and possibly self hate - WHICH one of the rapists will be in a better situation because of his knowledge?

F

Moves
26 Jan 21

@sonship said
This matter of their religious belief is surely a question for the-rapists-who-believe-in-God themselves, and not for a non-believer and/or anyone who already believes the same things as you do.

As for how they try to "justify" what they did, that is a matter for their communities or societies, assuming they are caught.

Moves
26 Jan 21

@sonship said

Neither.

What on earth are you on about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jan 21

@FMF
No one can pretend to believe.
Probably no one can pretend that they use to either.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jan 21

@divegeester
Don't trouble yourself longer on it.
It makes no sense to you.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Jan 21

@sonship said
Anyone else?
I mean else?

The first thought the sun circles the earth, sperm is just a jelly like substance, the stars are set against a black solid dome in the sky, doesn't know what curved space / time is but knows he can fall off a cliff, knows about sunburn but not about ultra ...[text shortened]... use of his knowledge?

Worst analogy ever.

Seek help immediately.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
26 Jan 21

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

~ Steven Weinberg, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999
US physicist (1933 - )

---------------
if i were intelligent i would weigh in with thoughts of my own

alas

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Jan 21

@rookie54 said
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

~ Steven Weinberg, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999
US physicist (1933 - )

---------------
if i were intelligent i would weigh in with thoughts of my own

alas
Weinberg is mistaken. Religion cannot make a good person to evil things.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Jan 21

@rajk999 said
Weinberg is mistaken. Religion cannot make a good person to evil things.
I think history is littered with people doing evil things in the name of God/gods.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jan 21

@rookie54

I've been enjoying your atmospheric Zen like poetry.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think history is littered with people doing evil things in the name of God/gods.
Evil people do evil. Good people do good.
There are no exceptions

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jan 21
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So very true starting, with Cain in Genesis and ending with Mystery - Babylon the Great in Revelation 17.

With atheism there is no final accounting.
Perpetrators dissolve peacefully into oblivion.

With God there IS a final accounting.
One of the reasons we tremble to pass judgment too easily on others.

You long for the former situation.
Christians recognize the latter.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Jan 21

@sonship said
So very true starting, with Cain in Genesis and ending with Mystery - Babylon the Great in Revelation 17.

With atheism there is no final accounting.
Perpetrators dissolve peacefully into oblivion.

With God there IS a final accounting.
One of the reasons we tremble to pass judgment too easily on others.

You long for the former situation.
Christians recognize the latter.
There is also justice logic in reincarnation, with people dying young in this life having the chance to live again in the next. Does that make it true? Should we only believe things that are warm and cuddly and ignore reality?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Jan 21

@rajk999 said
Evil people do evil. Good people do good.
There are no exceptions
Good people have done evil things when they believe they are acting in the name of God and carrying out His wishes.