For Everyone who judges

For Everyone who judges

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
@FMF

You're regurgitating a standard quip used for years.

You repeat and its original.
Someone else repeats what you don't like and its regurgitating a cult leader.

Anyway, a genetic fallacy wouldn't prove atheism is true.
No. Reciting rote-learned ideology is "regurgitation". That's what huge swathes of what you do amounts to. Meanwhile, I am not parroting someone else's words. I am not "regurgitating" anyone else's ideology. Instead, I am trying to respond to what you say. And here you are deflecting again and again and again. This the simple point you are dodging: If it is your fear of your God that means you are too afraid to rape a woman, I welcome the implications of your inhibition.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
You're regurgitating a standard quip used for years.
It's not a quip, sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jan 21
2 edits

@fmf said
If your fear of a supernatural being punishing you after you die makes you behave in a morally sound way, then I welcome such morally sound behaviour.
I need more then fear. I need a perfect Person with the power to come into me empowering me against the sin nature.

Plenty of fearful people could not resist what they hated to do and could not carry out what they knew was good.

Just fear of God is not enough to overcome the sin nature.
And I never proposed that only fear of God was sufficient.

That lesson was seen in Exodus when the terrified Israelites at the foot of Mt. Sinai only took a few weeks for the dread to wear off. Then they wanted to erect an idol, drown themselves in sensuality and eventually look for someone to take them back to Egypt.

Read of God manifesting Himself dramatically was not enough. "All that the Lord has spoken we will do." (Exo. 19:8) They couldn't. In a very short time God demonstrated to them that they couldn't.

Its nice to say "If you fear an imaginary god and be good I'll take that."

The nature infesting man is chronically, reactionarily rebellious to the God Who is there even on general principle.

The salvation needed is deeper then outward fear of God. It is not the only thing which can change a man. Nor have I proposed it is ever.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
Someone else repeats what you don't like and its regurgitating a cult leader.
Perhaps you should consider posting links to all this stuff by your groups leaders that
you recite so joylessly, and enter into a genuine dialogue - as a walk the walk Christian, if you are one, and not just a talk the talk one - with those who actually populate this community.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
I need more that fear. I need a perfect Person with the power to come into me empowering me against the sin nature.
If this is the reason you're not a rapist, all well and good.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
Its nice to say "If you fear an imaginary god and be good I'll take that."
Thanks. I am not a rapist either. Neither of us is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jan 21
2 edits

@FMF

I will write here not looking for athiest approval on behalf of YOUR community (so you think).

I feel quite at home to write Christian themes under the invitation to discuss "Spirituality".

"How DARE you believe something??" doesn't prompt me to stop.

There's no regulation that only the agnostics may post.
There is no "Christian convictions not allowed" regulation or hint of such a norm.

That was true a decade ago. And it still is.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
There's no regulation that only the agnostics may post.
There is no "Christian convictions not allowed" regulation or hint of such a norm.
Don't be so paranoid. No one has suggested anything of the sort.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
."How DARE you believe something??" doesn't prompt me to stop.
Who are you quoting here? You're making stuff up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jan 21
1 edit

Science knowledge then we may boast of.
But it cannot remove the stain of sinning.

That is true in relation to one's own conscience.
It will be true on the day when "God judges the secrets of men according to my gospel through Jesus Christ." (Rom. 2:16)

As strong as God's love and willingness to pardon - SO also is as infallible His memory. So also His omniscience to ALL of the facts.

This works both ways. Only many things no doubt God will be aware of circumstances which factor in to one's guilt.

Jesus told Pilate that the one who delivered Him to him [Pilate] for execution had the greater sin. In other words God in His omniscience was aware of more factors about the affair then Pilate. And God would evaluate the culpability of Christ's judge Pontius Pilate accordingly.

He is greater then our hearts and knows everything. Like John wrote.

" . . . if our heart blames us, it is because God is greater than our heart and knows all things." (1 John 3:20)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jan 21

@FMF

Don't be so paranoid. No one has suggested anything of the sort.

I'm here. I'm posting.
Your invitation to go away is noted.

But I'm here and I'm writing. That's all.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
Your invitation to go away is noted.
There has been no such invitation. You are making things up.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

And he has the gall to call ME a "chronic liar"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jan 21
1 edit

Self judging is an indication that God is.

It is as designed within you as your respiratory system for which you cannot credit yourself for creating.

The capacity of conviction in the conscience is designed within you as the circulatory system, another system for which you can take no credit for inventing.

The Palmists puts it this way:

"He who planted the ear, does He not hear?

He who formed the eye, does He not see?" (Psalm 94:9)

The rest of the Psalm 94 is super too. Go read it somebody.

F

Moves
27 Jan 21

@sonship said
The capacity of conviction in the conscience is designed within you as the circulatory system, another system for which you can take no credit for inventing.
While I, indeed, think this issue of "conscience" [and "consciousness"] is as good a piece of evidence of the existence of a creator being as theists have got, I don't see how then insisting on attaching to it ancient Hebrew narratives and Christian offshoot ideology is credible at all. Was it invented? Designed? Fair questions. But 'It was designed and the Jesus God did it' is weak by comparison.