1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 00:431 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Do onto others as they do onto you is somewhere in a Bible, ain't it Ivanhoe? At the very least, it would certainly be an ethical moral principle. Do people who call others "Nazis" "Brown Trash" "Lovers of Death" etc. etc ...[text shortened]... have a legitimate bitch if others treat them harshly in response?

I never called you a lover of death, No1. As a matter of fact I never called you a lover of anything at all if my memory serves me well. I did however compare your tactics you are using here on the site with the methods the SA, the Sturmabteiling of the Nazi Party, die Braunhemde, the Brownshirts, used roaming and intimidating people in the streets of German cities during the thirties.

These tactics are the tactics streetfighters use to intimidate, degrade and silence people. You are a streetfighter No1, a verbal terrorist. You don't need a monster god, you are a little monster yourself, no1.

.... and by the way No1, you're a master in turning things upside down. Have I treated you harshly no1 ? Then why are you boasting about it on Crib's gossip site.

Drop all this dishonest blah blah and stop shedding crocodile tears. Drop it for ever or sue me. Stop referring to the past No1. Grow up and get over it.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 00:491 edit
    I am talking about the ancient people who drowned their hands in blood in the Midianite Massacre and other atrocities. Wouldn't you consider them war criminals and also guilty of crimes against humanity, Ivanhoe?
    No1, this thread is about forgiveness ...... ever heard of it. If you keep on digging up the past and keep on rubbing it in, your wounds will never heal ..... and I am sure you received many during the Medianite Massacre.

EDIT: I'll tell ya, I never heard of it before you decided to dig it up.
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 01:041 edit
    I am talking about the ancient people who drowned their hands in blood in the Midianite Massacre and other atrocities. Wouldn't you consider them war criminals and also guilty of crimes against humanity, Ivanhoe?

By the way No1, notions such as "warcriminal" and "crimes against humanity" were not known in those times. You cannot judge people using laws we have formulated ages after the alleged crime.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 02:13
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

I never called you a lover of death, No1. As a matter of fact I never called you a lover of anything at all if my memory serves me well. I did however compare your tactics you are using here on the site with the methods the SA, the Sturmabteiling of the Nazi Party, die Braunhemde, the Brownshirts, used roaming and intimidating people in the streets of Ge ...[text shortened]... le tears. Drop it for ever or sue me. Stop referring to the past No1. Grow up and get over it.
    It is always you and your allies who cry about the "tactics" of others, while you use the same techniques except on a grander scale. Take your own advice, hypocrite.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 02:20

By the way No1, notions such as "warcriminal" and "crimes against humanity" were not known in those times. You cannot judge people using laws we have formulated ages after the alleged crime.
    Says who? Are you saying ancient peoples didn't realize that the massacre of captured civilians was wrong? The Israelites themselves were twice conquered by powerful neighbors - the Babylonians and the Assyrians (who were particulary warlike) - yet neither of those conquerors killed every single, male Israelite who fell into their hands. The brutality practiced by the Israelites, as claimed in their own holy text, is among the most savage in the ancient world. Examples of equal cruelty can be found, but none of any greater than the Midianite Massacre and the text quoted at the beginning of this thread. The Israelites were indeed an "example"; as conquerors they are an example of a demented group of vicious killers. Your Monster God's "chosen people" indeed.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:17
    It is always you and your allies who cry about the "tactics" of others, while you use the same techniques except on a grander scale. Take your own advice, hypocrite.

You're a compulsive liar, no1 ..... and you know it.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:19
    Says who? Are you saying ancient peoples didn't realize that the massacre of captured civilians was wrong? The Israelites themselves were twice conquered by powerful neighbors - the Babylonians and the Assyrians (who were particulary warlike) - yet neither of those conquerors killed every single, male Israelite who fell into their hands. The brut ...[text shortened]... an example of a demented group of vicious killers. Your Monster God's "chosen people" indeed.

The Medianite Massacre ....... over and over again.
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:33

The Medianite Massacre ....... over and over again.
    What is the "Medianite Massacre?" I assume this is one of the people God sent Israel to wipe out. So? Is that a big deal? Just compair it to the flood. God wiped out a lot more people then, and much more directly. There's nothing new here. Does no1 have some new insight on the issue?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 17:39
    Originally posted by Coletti
    What is the "Medianite Massacre?" I assume this is one of the people God sent Israel to wipe out. So? Is that a big deal? Just compair it to the flood. God wiped out a lot more people then, and much more directly. There's nothing new here. Does no1 have some new insight on the issue?
    Numbers 31:1-19; It's discussed at length in the "Sickening Bible Stories" thread on page 12 of this forum. "Is that a big deal": apparently not to someone who thinks God hates most of the human race and can't wait to send his "chosen people" to wipe them from the face of the Earth. I assume the people who I am arguing with have some degree of rationality and don't accept the literalness of the Flood story as the geological evidence shows that no such world wide flood ever occurred. My only "insight" is that the OT God is a mere creation of the ancient Israelites to justify conquest and slaughter in his name; other ancient peoples created similiar gods. That's not a original thought granted, but it is a pretty obvious truth that cannot seem to penetrate the lead shielding that covers the "brains" of the religious zealots here.
  10. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 17:48
    My only "insight" is that the OT God is a mere creation of the ancient Israelites to justify conquest and slaughter in his name; other ancient peoples created similiar gods. That's not a original thought granted, but it is a pretty obvious truth that cannot seem to penetrate the lead shielding that covers the "brains" of the religious zealots here.
    Your joking.....right?

You should perhaps read about Abraham.

RTh
  11. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 17:49
    Numbers 31:1-19; It's discussed at length in the "Sickening Bible Stories" thread on page 12 of this forum. "Is that a big deal": apparently not to someone who thinks God hates most of the human race and can't wait to send his "chosen people" to wipe them from the face of the Earth. I assume the people who I am arguing with have some degr ...[text shortened]... seem to penetrate the lead shielding that covers the "brains" of the religious zealots here.
    Thanks for the reference. At least you got that part right.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 18:22
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    Your joking.....right?

You should perhaps read about Abraham.

RTh
    My jokes are funnier than the OT, RTH. And I've read ALL about Abraham; what's your point?
  13. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 18:31
    My jokes are funnier than the OT, RTH. And I've read ALL about Abraham; what's your point?
    It was just a funny statement you made.

Abraham: Ok people, we are going to start a new religion to kill everyone who is not one of us.......but first we will make a pitstop in Egypt to be slaves for 430 years.

Who's with me!

Sounds funny. Maybe I understood your statement.
    Hope so.

RTh
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 18:38
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    It was just a funny statement you made.

Abraham: Ok people, we are going to start a new religion to kill everyone who is not one of us.......but first we will make a pitstop in Egypt to be slaves for 430 years.

Who's with me!

Sounds funny. Maybe I understood your statement.
    Hope so.

RTh
    Let me ask you a question: was the OT written by Abraham? Is there any historical evidence (besides the OT) that the person Abraham ever existed? Other ancient peoples endured eras of slavery or being conquered and still believed in their own bloodthirsty gods. What makes the ancient Israelites soooooooooooo different?
  15. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 19:08
    Let me ask you a question: was the OT written by Abraham? Is there any historical evidence (besides the OT) that the person Abraham ever existed? Other ancient peoples endured eras of slavery or being conquered and still believed in their own bloodthirsty gods. What makes the ancient Israelites soooooooooooo different?
    You are asking the wrong person about "who" wrote the bible. Pesonally I think it was just written by people. The best stories were put into the bible and the ones less than supporting of the beliefs were tossed aside.

To answer your question there is no "proof" so to speak. It is faith.

Some people think that the hebrews were the first to believe in monotheism but it is not true.

RTh

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree