Forgiving Murderers

Forgiving Murderers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
How can you know if Iran was "placed in their relative postions by God" if you ""have no way of knowing what governments stand in their relative positions and which do not" as you've claimed?
I dont have anyway of knowing, i have merely taken it upon trust that governments
are placed in their relative positions, you will now tell me how its possible that I could
know and if its not possible, then what are you twittering about as if i have a way of
knowing?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the Bible does not oppose punishing a murderer, whether its ok or not is a matter for
the government.
What does the bible say about punishing crimes with the death penalty?

T

Moves
30 Oct 12
1 edit

I dont have anyway of knowing, i have merely taken it upon trust that governments
are placed in their relative positions, you will now tell me how its possible that I could
know and if its not possible, then what are you twittering about as if i have a way of
knowing?

T

Moves
30 Oct 12
1 edit

Well, it seems RC has taken his usual tactic of talking around in circles in order to keep from admitting the incoherence of his position. Can't help but wonder what keeps him from making that admission. Any ideas FMF?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
What is bible's take on capital punishment for crimes other than murder in the present day?
You must have a bible? Look it up and see for yourself.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 12

Does that mean you disagree with G75 in this case?
Don't misquote what I said. I did not say "I" agree, I said they must be deserving by the minds those that decided it to be so. That's why we have a legal system and a jury of ones peers.

T

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Was that how you were taught to Witness?

T

Moves
30 Oct 12
2 edits

Don't misquote what I said. I did not say "I" agree, I said they must be deserving by the minds those that decided it to be so. That's why we have a legal system and a jury of ones peers.
Where did I "misquote" you? As best as I can recall I quoted you as follows:
God has not told these govermental agencies not to execute such ones.
So personally I detest what he did and if Jehovah allows an execution to happen then it must be deserving...

And portions thereof.

Where is the "misquote"?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Well, it seems RC has taken his usual tactic of talking around in circles in order to keep from admitting the incoherence of his position. Can't help but wonder what keeps him from making that admission. Any ideas FMF?
Lol, it must be because of my pride that i have failed to discern the truth, typical really,
isn't it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Oct 12

Was that how you were taught to Witness?
He must be departing from his faith in the awake! magazine. 😏

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
He must be departing from his faith in the awake! magazine. 😏
says the man who cannot tell us what a soul is, perhaps if you read the awake you might find out.

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
What does the bible say about punishing crimes with the death penalty?

The point being, why is robbie being so evasive?

T

Moves
31 Oct 12

Lol, it must be because of my pride that i have failed to discern the truth, typical really,
isn't it.
Sadly it IS all too typical of you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Oct 12

says the man who cannot tell us what a soul is, perhaps if you read the awake you might find out.
Why do you wish to know what the soul is?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
The point being, why is robbie being so evasive?
I would guess he does not know how to answer without revealing he does not know.