Forgiving Murderers

Forgiving Murderers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It does not mention any to my knowledge.
So what is the biblical basis for you opposing capital punishment for crimes other than murder?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

No, Paul is counselling christians to be in subjection to the governmental agencies
placed in their relative positions by God, its very clear.
Which governments have been "placed in their relative positions by God" and which have not? If they have been "placed in their relative positions by God" then why do you not want to have anything to do with them?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
So what is the biblical basis for you opposing capital punishment for crimes other than murder?
what kind of silly question is that, i have just stated that to e knowledge it doesn't
mention any, are you in your senses?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

what kind of silly question is that, i have just stated that to e knowledge it doesn't
mention any, are you in your senses?
I don't think it's "silly". In fact I am paying close attention to what you are saying. How can you say that you neither endorse nor oppose the death penalty with one breath, and yet state that you don't know what the bible says about the death penalty - for cases other than murder - in the next breath?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Which governments have been "placed in their relative positions by God" and which have not? If they have been "placed in their relative positions by God" then why do you not want to have anything to do with them?
I cannot say which ones have and which ones have not. We believe that governmental
authorities are a poor substitute for Gods Kingdom.

Moves
30 Oct 12

It does not mention any to my knowledge.
Have you read the old testament?

Or is that not included in the bible any more?

T

Moves
30 Oct 12

No, Paul is counselling christians to be in subjection to the governmental agencies
placed in their relative positions by God, its very clear.
Earlier in regards to Iran you made the following statement:
As far as I am aware, being a christian is not synonymous with being a murderer,
therefore naturally i oppose such an action as unjust.

Now you're indicating that you're in agreement with the following:
the existing authorities stand placed in their
relative positions by God. 2 Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a
stand against the arrangement of God

So in opposing the actions of Iran which is an "existing authority", aren't you therefore opposing Iran's authority and subsequently taking "a stand against the arrangement of God"?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

I cannot say which ones have and which ones have not. We believe that governmental authorities are a poor substitute for Gods Kingdom.
Why have "governmental authorities" been "placed in their relative positions by God" then? And on what basis do you declare institutions "placed in their relative positions by God" to be "poor" in any way?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
I don't think it's "silly". In fact I am paying close attention to what you are saying. How can you say that you neither endorse nor oppose the death penalty with one breath, and yet state that you don't know what the bible says about the death penalty - for cases other than murder - in the next breath?
the mosaic law, now obsolete contained elements which were punishable by death, as
we are no longer under the mosaic law these elements are no longer applicable. The
Bible therefore does not mention anything else which may be punishable by death and
you rather stupidly asked me to give an opinion about something that is not actually in
it, yes, that is silly, downright one eyed junk yard dog that's been run over silly.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why have "governmental authorities" been "placed in their relative positions by God" then? And on what basis do you declare institutions "placed in their relative positions by God" to be "poor" in any way?
Another stupid question,

I cannot say, meaning i do not know, i am not a God, i did not place them there, how
am i supposed to know which ones are placed in their relative positions and which ones
aren't,

are you going to keep asking stupid questions?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

The Bible therefore does not mention anything else which may be punishable by death and you rather stupidly asked me to give an opinion about something that is not actually in it, yes, that is silly, downright one eyed junk yard dog that's been run over silly.
Where does the bible say about punishments other than murder?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

I cannot say, meaning i do not know, i am not a God, i did not place them there, how am i supposed to know which ones are placed in their relative positions and which ones aren't,
But it was you who stated that "governmental authorities" have been "placed in their relative positions by God". Are you claiming that there are some "governmental authorities" that have been "placed in their relative positions by God" and there are some that have not? If you refuse to cooperate with any government, aren't you resisting "authorities" that God has put in place?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Earlier in regards to Iran you made the following statement:
As far as I am aware, being a christian is not synonymous with being a murderer,
therefore naturally i oppose such an action as unjust.

Now you're indicating that you're in agreement with the following:
[quote]the existing authorities stand placed in their
relative posit ...[text shortened]... osing Iran's authority and subsequently taking "a stand against the arrangement of God"?
No , because the Iranian government has transgressed the Law of Christ by
executing someone unjustly. There is a biblical precedent for this.

(Acts 5:27-29) . . .So they brought them and stood them in the Sanhedrin hall. And
the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We positively ordered you not to keep
teaching upon the basis of this name, and yet, look! you have filled Jerusalem with
YOUR teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.”  In
answer Peter and the [other] apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than
men. . .

clearly the governmental authority had overstepped its bounds by ordering that the
apostles could not preach to others, therefore, this divine command superseded the
law of the governmental authority and the apostles were under no duress to obey a
law which transgressed God's law.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Where does the bible say about punishments other than murder?
which period are you referring to?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

No , because the Iranian government has transgressed the Law of Christ by executing someone unjustly. There is a biblical precedent for this..
What crimes did Christ - in his "Law of Christ" - make clear were punishable by death?