Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Something I have said several times here, I want freedom FROM religion. Now I find out ( from a little ad in Scientific American) other people thought the exact same thing!

http://ffrf.org/

One of their sayings: Freedom from religion, reason's greetings!

Wow, unbeknownst to me, I found their facebook page and found my son Kevin is part of the group! I can't wait to talk to him about it.
It's kind of funny to have this foundation. Foundations/nonprofits are meant to help people not harm people, lol.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Oct 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
It's kind of funny to have this foundation. Foundations/nonprofits are meant to help people not harm people, lol.
Ah, you mean like religion never harms people? Wait, you mean it's like guns: Guns don't kill people, people kill with guns.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 13
2 edits

Ah, you mean like religion never harms people? Wait, you mean it's like guns: Guns don't kill people, people kill with guns.
You Liberal Democrats still can't understand that guns are inanimate objects and don't kill anyone. Banning guns will not stop the killing. Why don't we ban abortion killings?

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Since there is no fossil older than a few thousand years, you are asking for something that does not exist. That just shows how unreasonable your position is. Evolution (evil-lution) only rules in your mind. You should discard your pride and let the Lord rule.

The Instructor
This is like saying the earth is 6,000 years old. That's just stupid, and it makes people wonder what else in the Bible is not true (even though a 6,000 year old earth isn't in the Bible either). And then you say his position is unreasonable.

The fact is that EVERY dinosaur fossil is older than 65 million years because the asteroid that hit the Yucatan peninsula at Chicxulub then triggered the mass extinction of ALL non-avian dinosaurs. This is fact, so trying to deny it makes no sense, and makes people think Christians who say this make no sense either. There's a reason why people want to kick you out of the Science forum.

Thanks for making our job tougher, Ron.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 13

Yes, people. Evil people. Not a religion.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Oct 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Yes, people. Evil people. Not a religion.
Never the religion. Maybe just the missing god.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 13

You Liberal Democrats still can't understand that guns are inanimate objects and don't kill anyone. Banning guns will not stop the killing. Why don't we ban abortion killings?

The Instructor
For the same reason we don't ban contraception. Calling it a killing doesn't make it one.

You conservative republicans still can't understand that people don't much like having their rights taken away. Go ahead and give up your rights if you want. I'd rather keep mine, thanks very much.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 13

Never the religion. Maybe just the missing god.
But He's not missing. He's involved.

You wonder why you don't see Him active in your life when you constantly deny Him. Yeah, that makes sense.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
20 Oct 13

For the same reason we don't ban contraception. Calling it a killing doesn't make it one.

You conservative republicans still can't understand that people don't much like having their rights taken away. Go ahead and give up your rights if you want. I'd rather keep mine, thanks very much.
So you didn't want the right for your daughter to kill your unborn grandchild?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Oct 13

Banning guns will not stop the killing.
The Instructor
It will significantly lower the number of shootings.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
So you didn't want the right for your daughter to kill your unborn grandchild?
Remove the hyperbole from that question and try again.

I also don't see how that makes any sense given my post.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 13

This is like saying the earth is 6,000 years old. That's just stupid, and it makes people wonder what else in the Bible is not true (even though a 6,000 year old earth isn't in the Bible either). And then you say his position is unreasonable.

The fact is that EVERY dinosaur fossil is older than 65 million years because the asteroid that hit the ...[text shortened]... why people want to kick you out of the Science forum.

Thanks for making our job tougher, Ron.
But it is not fact. It is fable.

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 13

But it is not fact. It is fable.

The Instructor
Carbon dating proves the age of the fossils.

What's fable is your belief in something that isn't even in the Bible, while claiming that "The Lord said so".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 13

I want all to have the rights they deserve, even the unborn. We have no right to kill the innocent unborn babies no matter what man says. God does not give anyone that right, Ms Woman Libber.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 13
1 edit

Carbon dating proves the age of the fossils.

What's fable is your belief in something that isn't even in the Bible, while claiming that "The Lord said so".
Carbon dating does not work on fossils, Ms Know Nothing.

The Instructor