1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 23:33
    Lets see if some of us can agree on one thing?
    Adam & Eve were created in the beginning in the Garden of Eden and would possibly still be alive today if they hadn't eaten of the tree of good and bad? Make sence?
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 00:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Adam & Eve were created in the beginning in the Garden of Eden and would possibly still be alive today if they hadn't eaten of the tree of good and bad? Make sence?
    What do you think the population would now be if that were the case?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 00:12
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    No idea but I'm sure God would have it under control.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 01:181 edit
    Yes, they and everyone after that didn't sin would all still be alive.
    It was not the tree of good and bad though.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 01:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes, they and everyone after that didn't sin would all still be alive.
    It was not the tree of good and bad though.
    Kelly
    What was it then?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 02:56
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    If you remember that the Garden of Eden was probably a relitively small area. God did tell them to subdue the rest of the earth in Gen 1:28. Subdue in my dictionary means to tame. The Bible says that once Adam & Eve were thrown out of the Garden that they now had to toil in thornes and ground that did not produce much.
    So all of this shows that God's original plan was for the earth to someday produce no doubt large amounts of food to feed much more then what it produces today. Think that if all the desert and frozen areas of this planet produced food and the millions or billions of people it would have fed.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 03:46
    This question is much the same as to ask:
    If Gollum hadn't found the ring, would Bilbo be a happier man?

The bible and the ring triology should be taken with equal seriosity.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 03:56
    Agreed. Also you mean the tree of the knowledge of good & evil. There was a second tree that God stationed a Cherubim there to guard it.

Manny
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 05:15
    Originally posted by daniel58
    What was it then?
    I believe it's referred to as the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil. I think Good & Bad is a decent enough term for purposes of this discussion.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 07:23
    So all of this shows that God's original plan was for the earth to someday produce no doubt large amounts of food to feed much more then what it produces today.
    I find it amazing that people can take the garden of Eden story so literally but throw out the idea of a God that can foresee the future.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 07:41
    Originally posted by menace71
    Agreed. Also you mean the tree of the knowledge of good & evil. There was a second tree that God stationed a Cherubim there to guard it.

Manny
    Yes the same and the other tree was the Tree of Life.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 11:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I find it amazing that people can take the garden of Eden story so literally but throw out the idea of a God that can foresee the future.
    not only is it not amazing Whitey, but in the account itself, it is self evident that God made preparation for the future in preparing 'a seed', that would negate the rebellious stance taken by the perpetrators. thus God, being 'outside' of time is perfectly capable of seeing into the future, why you say that some do not accept this, i do not know. if you are implying that he could have foresaw the consequences of their action and stopped it, then this is no argument either, for he (God) is exemplary in his adherence to his own principles and this would not have solved any of the universal issues that were raised either.
  13. England
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 13:15
    yes but its the tree of knowledge tempted to be like god with good and bad/evil.
    and to answer another point they would be the only 2 as child birth was given as they would die on earth, the rest is history as they say
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 13:20
    is it your contention that all humans are descended from Adam and Eve?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 13:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thus God, being 'outside' of time is perfectly capable of seeing into the future, why you say that some do not accept this, i do not know.
    If you look at the phrase I quoted when I posted you will see the words "God's original plan". He then went on to describe a whole alternative future that never happened and there was some discussion around this with the apparent assumption that God went to the trouble of making plans and putting in place all sorts of things in preparation for a future that he (according to you) knew would never take place. For example, later on galveston75 suggests that desert and frozen areas in this alternative future that never happened would have produces copious amounts of food.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree