1. England
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 13:31
    Originally posted by duecer
    is it your contention that all humans are descended from Adam and Eve?
    this now is a interesting point. i belive not, as cain was cast with the mark so no one would kill him it must mean there was others here and adam married after eves death, i doubt he married one of his daughters, they had a few children not just the 2 males.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 13:34
    Originally posted by stoker
    this now is a interesting point. i belive not, as cain was cast with the mark so no one would kill him it must mean there was others here and adam married after eves death, i doubt he married one of his daughters, they had a few children not just the 2 males.
    it further states that cain had a son named enoch with his wife (sister?😕) and built a city...for whom?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 13:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I find it amazing that people can take the garden of Eden story so literally but throw out the idea of a God that can foresee the future.
    I don't throw it out.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 13:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't throw it out.
    Kelly
    There are evidence that there were human beings hundreds of thousands years ago, and humanoids millions of years ago.
    Example: The human fossil, called Lucy, was there long before the biblical fossil, called Eve.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 15:08
    an interesting note: when Noah was 600 years old, he built his ark with his sons the youngest of which wasabout 100 years old at the time. The age of methusaleh and the age of Lamech (Noah's father and grandfather) figure that methusaleh was 369 years old when Noah was born. Noah's youngest son was born when methusaleh was 869 years old. 100 years later methusaleh dies at 969 years old, when Noah is 600; the same year of the flood. Noah's father died 5 years before the flood. interesting how the math seems to work for that. Ostensibly I'd say methusaleh perished in the flood.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 15:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lets see if some of us can agree on one thing?
    Adam & Eve were created in the beginning in the Garden of Eden and would possibly still be alive today if they hadn't eaten of the tree of good and bad? Make sence?
    I thought they would,ve become really old,like 600 or something.
    Would they just really keep living for ever in their physical bodies? Is that the contention?
    Please excuse ny naive interpretation of the subject.But I have to start somewhere,right?
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 15:40
    Lets see if some of us can agree on one thing?
    Adam & Eve were created in the beginning in the Garden of Eden and would possibly still be alive today if they hadn't eaten of the tree of good and bad? Make sence?
    no, because they weren't real.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 16:38
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    no, because they weren't real.
    Why?
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 16:50
    Why?
    because it isn't literal.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 17:02
    because it isn't literal.
    Explain...
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 17:061 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    is it your contention that all humans are descended from Adam and Eve?
    According to the Bible they were the first. Just watched a show recently on the Discovery channel I think, and it was about genetics and it finally showed we all have a common ancestor.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 17:09
    Explain...
    there is nothing to explain.

the story of adam and eve is not to be taken literally, or do you really think that was the origin of the human race?

are you JWs or something?
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 17:13
    According to the Bible they were the first. Just watched a show recently on the Discovery channel I think, and it was about genetics and it finally showed we all have a common ancestor.
    was it a fish?
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 17:501 edit
    from the time of the flood receding to Abraham was 344 years. Noah lived another 350 years, so he died when Abraham was 6. During this 344 year period, the world population seemingly exploded from nowhere. Noah had 16 grandson's : Japeth 7 sons, Shem 5 sons, and Ham 4 sons. mathematically it is improbable that this small family could have been alone in re-populating the earth. During this time period the tower of babel was built and the languages confused, and many nations were established.
    soon after, war broke out; 5 kings allied against 4, during which Abraham's kinsmen, Lot, is captured. Abraham mobilizes his 318 trained men (presumably there were some untrained), and effects a rescue.
    Eventually at 84 and then at 100 Abraham has Ishmael and Isaac. The covenenat is made and the family flourishes.
    Again his kinsman Lot seems to be at the center of trouble, as he is dwelling in the wicked city of Sodom. Sodom was one of the nations at war earlier mentioned. There population would have been at 1000 people (minimally), as they had an army, slaves, women and a government system.

My point is this: in 344+100=444 years. when disease, infant mortality rates, famine and war are considered, the population density is far too high. Up to around the time of Abraham, the history is not plausible or feasable.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 18:16
    there is nothing to explain.

the story of adam and eve is not to be taken literally, or do you really think that was the origin of the human race?

are you JWs or something?
    I take the word of the bible if it conflicts with science. From a scientific standpoint sure they don't agree and I understand that. But if the Bible says they were the first then it's up to science to prove it convencingly wrong. This is where faith comes along. If the Bible is not right, then I have faith that someday in the future when the Bible says new scrolls will be opened, all will be explained. But faith means you have to wait and not go ahead of God and in time he will explain that and many other questions we have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree