1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    25 Feb '13 11:45
    Genuine Human Happiness

    The Integrity of God's Character; and the Person and Work (Substitutionary Spiritual Death of Christ on Our Behalf) Define the Basis and Means of Genuine Human Happiness. Let's have a relaxed conversation. No repetitive interrogatories or ill tempered rants, please. All constuctive comments and opinions, welcome. If you've got an uncomfortable hair across your buttocks or brain, today, please stay home. Thank You.
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    25 Feb '13 11:561 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The Integrity of God's Character; and the Person and Work (Substitutionary Spiritual Death of Christ on Our Behalf) Define the Basis and Means of Genuine Human Happiness. Let's have a relaxed conversation. No repetitive interrogatories or ill tempered rants, please. All constuctive comments and opinions, welcome. If you've got an uncomfortable hair across your buttocks or brain, today, please stay home. Thank You.
    I have always partaken of a good deal of "Human Happiness", for the most part, but it has felt rather more "Genuine" since I gave up Christianity [about 10 years ago] as my current "Human Happiness" is no longer rooted in speculation and superstition, in groupism, and in the internalization of dogma and folklore. Looking back, I sometimes wonder what on earth I was thinking when I was religious. Nevertheless, it did not really cause me "Human Unhappiness". So, if people enjoy "Human Happiness", and even if they sincerely believe it to be "Genuine", through stuff like Substitutionary Spiritual Death of Christ on Our Behalf, then I wish them every happiness. However, I could never imagine going back to it. Indeed, the idea invokes a sense of "Unhappiness".
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Joined
    20 Aug '06
    Moves
    20099
    25 Feb '13 12:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Genuine Human Happiness

    The Integrity of God's Character; and the Person and Work (Substitutionary Spiritual Death of Christ on Our Behalf) Define the Basis and Means of Genuine Human Happiness. Let's have a relaxed conversation. No repetitive interrogatories or ill tempered rants, please. All constuctive comments and opinions, welcome. If you ...[text shortened]... got an uncomfortable hair across your buttocks or brain, today, please stay home. Thank You.[/b]
    I think you'll find the last part of your post is like a red rag to bull around these parts.

    To address the topic in at least semi serious fashion, could you enlighten me how I would know my happiness (I am human by the way) is genuine and not fake? Is there something like the Microsoft Genuine Advantage malarkey that will pop up and tell me my happiness media are not genuine?
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    25 Feb '13 13:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The Integrity of God's Character; and the Person and Work (Substitutionary Spiritual Death of Christ on Our Behalf) Define the Basis and Means of Genuine Human Happiness. Let's have a relaxed conversation. No repetitive interrogatories or ill tempered rants, please. All constuctive comments and opinions, welcome. If you've got an uncomfortable hair across your buttocks or brain, today, please stay home. Thank You.
    The first sentence must be taken on faith and can't really be discussed at all.
    This makes the rest of your post rather interesting. You want discussion, but you don't want opposing views. What do you want? Lots of thumbs up?
    Have you ever had a discussion on this forum? I see you start lots of threads but haven't really ever seen to take part in an actual discussion.
  5. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    18444
    25 Feb '13 13:30
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Genuine Human Happiness

    The Integrity of God's Character; and the Person and Work (Substitutionary Spiritual Death of Christ on Our Behalf) Define the Basis and Means of Genuine Human Happiness. Let's have a relaxed conversation. No repetitive interrogatories or ill tempered rants, please. All constuctive comments and opinions, welcome. If you ...[text shortened]... got an uncomfortable hair across your buttocks or brain, today, please stay home. Thank You.[/b]
    Are you asking non Christians if they are genuinely happy, or are you claiming they cannot be genuinely happy by virtue of being non Christians?

    Quite hard to have a "relaxed conversation." if it is the latter.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    25 Feb '13 17:24
    Few Easy Questions:

    Does buying new clothes make you happy?

    Does wining a demanding chess game make you happy?

    Does an excellent meal at a five star restaurant make you happy?

    Does vacationing with your family make you happy?

    Does the unparalled enjoyment of intimacy with your wife make you happy?

    Of Course They Do!

    Reveal Hidden Content
    Do these variations of human happiness l a s t ? Hell, No.
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    44172
    25 Feb '13 18:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Few Easy Questions:

    Does buying new clothes make you happy?

    Does wining a demanding chess game make you happy?

    Does an excellent meal at a five star restaurant make you happy?

    Does vacationing with your family make you happy?

    Does the unparalled enjoyment of intimacy with your wife make you happy?

    Of Course They Do!

    [hidden]Do these variations of human happiness l a s t ? Hell, No.[/hidden][/b]
    An excellent meal in a cheap restaurant makes me much happier!!!! 🙂
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    25 Feb '13 18:49
    Let's hear about the integrity first. I take it you are talking about coincidentia oppositorum?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    25 Feb '13 19:171 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

    Let's hear about the integrity first. I take it you are talking about coincidentia oppositorum?
    15th Century Philosophers' Presence would certainly have enlivened the RHP Spirituality Forum:

    http://vimeo.com/16416831

    (Thanks, Boss)
    .
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    25 Feb '13 20:38
    Happiness is nice, but contentment is what you really want.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    25 Feb '13 20:45
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Happiness is nice, but contentment is what you really want.
    Both are self-centered desires.

    Interesting that, given the doctrine of Jesus, the creator of this thread identifies himself as a Christian. But then, the doctrine of Paul, which seems to be what GB follows, is of the self-centered, by the self-centered, for the self-centered.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    25 Feb '13 21:10
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Both are self-centered desires.

    Interesting that, given the doctrine of Jesus, the creator of this thread identifies himself as a Christian. But then, the doctrine of Paul, which seems to be what GB follows, is of the self-centered, by the self-centered, for the self-centered.
    Please tell me more about your desires which are not self-centred.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    25 Feb '13 21:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    15th Century Philosophers' Presence would certainly have enlivened the RHP Spirituality Forum:

    http://vimeo.com/16416831

    (Thanks, Boss)
    .
    Moving on. What answer would you give Job?
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    25 Feb '13 21:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Please tell me more about your desires which are not self-centred.
    Desire washes through me like an ice-cream perm ... No focus is there in my stream of being-as-me ... Let's dance.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    25 Feb '13 21:22
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Please tell me more about your desires which are not self-centred.
    Seems like only an EXTREMELY self-centered individual would be unable conceive of any desires that are not self-centered.
Back to Top