1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 20:06
    Isn't it about time those of us who have had the "pleasure" of conversing with the all-knowing ToOone just didn't bother any more?

I mean , he rarely if ever plays fair in a debate , won't answer questions and won't plainly state what he really believes. Isn't it time we just stop deluding ourselves that we can ever get anywhere with one so narrow-minded and utterly convinced of his position.

Take away all the scripture quoting and arguments and it basically distills down to this. Disagree with ToOne and you are obviously delusional. Challenge him and you must be a liar. Offer alternative interpretations of Jesus' teachings and you are a deceiver or distorter. Robustly defend your own beliefs against his attacks and you are of course a stalker.

Come on folks , the only way to converse with him is to ask him to properly go on the record. If he doesn't then don't fool yourself that you will get him to see anything in your position. His mental fortress is just too well built to let you in.

So I'll start.

ToOne - either go on the record or just go on a forum all of your own. You might as well be.
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 20:12
    From - "The Missing Piece"
    New Approaches for Understanding and Addressing the Problems of the Middle East

----------------------------------------------------------

"In order to appreciate the notion that what we as humans actually perceive is often far removed from what is actually there, we need to draw upon recent understandings in the fields of psychology and human behaviour.

Dr. Robert Ornstein is an American psychologist whose pioneering research and work in the areas of brain functioning, consciousness and human nature has transformed the way in which we understand ourselves. Among other things, he has shown that contrary to what we think, we as human beings do not perceive and experience the world as it actually IS, but instead as a distorted picture or caricature of that reality.

According to Ornstein, because of the evolutionary imperative over millions of years for humans to survive, our brains have evolved to filter in only certain information relevant to our survival while ignoring a multiplicity of other stimuli and data which exists in the external world.

Once we have experienced any given thing - whether it be a person, a place, an object or an environment - our minds create visual models and slots those things into simple and generalized categories, which we subsequently re-experience as we understand them in our own minds, rather than as they actually exist.

Our views and experiences become “habituated” or “automized”, as kind of natural shortcut to ensure survival. Things like assumptions, biases, and prejudices are all part of the way in which our minds generalize and simplify the world around us, in order to see and react to those things that may be most relevant to our survival. The end result is that we can only see what our minds have allowed us to see at any given time. Whatever we do “see” or “experience” is almost always done so in an incomplete fashion, and as we know it to be in our minds.

Far from being a far-flung theoretical exercise with little relevance to the real world of people and events, these contentions have been confirmed by science and apply to all aspects of human life and human interaction. Because reality feels to each of us so convincing, so rich and so complete, and because we are not otherwise taught about the limitations of our cognition, it seldom occurs to us that our perceptions are incomplete or flawed."
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 20:13
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Isn't it about time those of us who have had the "pleasure" of conversing with the all-knowing ToOone just didn't bother any more?

I mean , he rarely if ever plays fair in a debate , won't answer questions and won't plainly state what he really believes. Isn't it time we just stop deluding ourselves that we can ever get anywhere with one so narrow- ...[text shortened]... either go on the record or just go on a forum all of your own. You might as well be.
    I think he's here to just play us. I'd just ignor him from here on out.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 20:221 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I think he's here to just play us. I'd just ignor him from here on out.
    I agree . But the sad thing is that he's obviously intelligent and has some interesting comments and ideas - the problem is that he takes them to such a complete extreme that there is no way in and no way to have a reasonable discussion.

I would be quite happy to debate fairly and openly with him (even after all our arguments) , but it's just not possible , so maybe ignoring him is the best way forward. It might bring him to his senses.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 20:50
    i think that we should try to understand him. There is a denomination that he adheres to, for he has posted links to it in the past, which he denies, but i know its true for i visited the links. it was to a denomination that strictly adheres to the teachings and saying of Jesus and nothing else. For the life of me I cannot find what it was, but i am searching. Once we can find his denomination it may better help us to understand him, if not agree with him. I do agree his use of these rhetorical devices is reprehensible, especially the charges of stalking against knightmeister who seeks only to engage him in meaningful conversation, frustratying though it can be. However you can tell him straight that hes talking nonsense and he does not take it personally, which is always a good sign, so i think that at least, we should try to understand him 🙂
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 20:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i think that we should try to understand him. There is a denomination that he adheres to, for he has posted links to it in the past, which he denies, but i know its true for i visited the links. it was to a denomination that strictly adheres to the teachings and saying of Jesus and nothing else. For the life of me I cannot find what it was, but i ...[text shortened]... nally, which is always a good sign, so i think that at least, we should try to understand him 🙂
    Go for it Robbie. Well see what happens and join in should you make any headway...Thanks.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 20:57
    Originally posted by knightmeister

I mean , he rarely if ever plays fair in a debate , won't answer questions and won't plainly state what he really believes. Isn't it time we just stop deluding ourselves that we can ever get anywhere with one so narrow- ...[text shortened]... either go on the record or just go on a forum all of your own. You might as well be.
    I disagree. TOO is highly intelligent and fair in his debates. You are just too dim witted to even notice. So go ahead and continue your belief that you have a liscence to sin with your misguided belief in the grace of God.

Oh no, I'm turning into TOO!!

Somebody help me!!! 😲
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 21:03
    Go for it Robbie. Well see what happens and join in should you make any headway...Thanks.
    Lol, having a very short fuse and an Irish temperament to boot, i shall need all the help that one can muster Galvo my friend 🙂
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 21:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    I disagree. TOO is highly intelligent and fair in his debates. You are just too dim witted to even notice. So go ahead and continue your belief that you have a liscence to sin with your misguided belief in the grace of God.

Oh no, I'm turning into TOO!!

Somebody help me!!! 😲
    Think of one - did you even read my last post? you have been assimilated, resistance is futile!
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 22:33
    Lol, having a very short fuse and an Irish temperament to boot, i shall need all the help that one can muster Galvo my friend 🙂
    I've got your back my friend...
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 22:37
    Think of one - did you even read my last post? you have been assimilated, resistance is futile!
    That was not the question. The question was am I turning into TOO. Please follow along.......oh no, here I go again.

Somebody help me!!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    That was not the question. The question was am I turning into TOO. Please follow along.......oh no, here I go again.

Somebody help me!!
    Your question is irrelevant to the topic! Maybe you've don't understand the context of the discussion
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 23:18
    Your question is irrelevant to the topic! Maybe you've don't understand the context of the discussion
    I thought it was my answer to your question that was irrelevent to the thought of what he was trying to explain which was the theory of the first question of the irrelevent subject we aren't talking about from the first point of what we mentioned from the other day? Maybe? Let me know.... 🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 23:22
    I thought it was my answer to your question that was irrelevent to the thought of what he was trying to explain which was the theory of the first question of the irrelevent subject we aren't talking about from the first point of what we mentioned from the other day? Maybe? Let me know.... 🙂
    Lol, you cant have it both ways!
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 23:25
    Lol, you cant have it both ways!
    Now I'm really confused....Lol.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree