1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 00:41
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Isn't it about time those of us who have had the "pleasure" of conversing with the all-knowing ToOone just didn't bother any more?

I mean , he rarely if ever plays fair in a debate , won't answer questions and won't plainly state what he really believes. Isn't it time we just stop deluding ourselves that we can ever get anywhere with one so narrow- ...[text shortened]... either go on the record or just go on a forum all of your own. You might as well be.
    Yeah. This will get the results you want. 😴

Waste of a thread.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 02:05
    Isn't it about time those of us who have had the "pleasure" of conversing with the all-knowing ToOone just didn't bother any more?

I mean , he rarely if ever plays fair in a debate , won't answer questions and won't plainly state what he really believes. Isn't it time we just stop deluding ourselves that we can ever get anywhere with one so narrow- ...[text shortened]... either go on the record or just go on a forum all of your own. You might as well be.
    The one I feel most sorry for in this whole drama is the pet bunny. You know, the one that ToO will soon come home in horror to find boiling inside a pot on his stovetop.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 02:22

ToO says one must stop sinning to be saved. So I asked him if he had stopped sinning.

I'm still waiting for an answer.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 10:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yeah. This will get the results you want. 😴

Waste of a thread.
    ....and what is it that you think I want?
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 10:55
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    The one I feel most sorry for in this whole drama is the pet bunny. You know, the one that ToO will soon come home in horror to find boiling inside a pot on his stovetop.
    So you've decided to fall for the propaganda then , rather than think for yourself and let the facts speak for themselves.

The one thing I don't want is for this thread to turn into a "have a go at ToOne" thread. It's more important that it's reflected back to him how obtuse he is and how he's getting nowhere with anyone because...

a) he won't answer a straight question
    b) he doesn't use the same logic to himself that he applies to others
    c) he won't say what he believes

If you want to "take sides" and subscribe to cheap hollywood cliches then that's up to you.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 11:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    ToO says one must stop sinning to be saved. So I asked him if he had stopped sinning.

I'm still waiting for an answer.
    Its a catch 22. To announce that you are saved is a sin.

It is also possible that TOO does not consider being saved, or sharing 'saved' status' to have anything to do with the discussion.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 11:19
    ToOne - either go on the record or just go on a forum all of your own. You might as well be.
    Why don't you just leave him alone and ignore his posts? Why are you so insistent that he leave? Do you lack the self control to ignore his posts?
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 12:021 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why don't you just leave him alone and ignore his posts? Why are you so insistent that he leave? Do you lack the self control to ignore his posts?
    Totally ignoring his posts is not viable because he keeps attacking my beliefs (and yet somehow portrays himself as the "victim". This is something that seems to have slipped under the radar with many. ToOne likes to twist the picture so that it seems as if he is under attack from me , however , if you look at the bigger picture you will see that it is him that is on the attack and stalking Christianity.

What's interesting is that many Atheists like yourself take a partisan rather than objective line on this issue because ...well...it suits probably

I am not insistent that he leave and have not said that (read more carefully) , infact I want him to be around I'm simply drawing attention to his obtuseness in the hope it might make him more self aware and open to proper debate.

I could have dismissed your post as irrelevant but that would have been too much of a ToOnism.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 12:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its a catch 22. To announce that you are saved is a sin.

It is also possible that TOO does not consider being saved, or sharing 'saved' status' to have anything to do with the discussion.
    ----------------ToOne----------------------------

But that fact that it IS relevant for others means that there is some responsibility to address it. If we all took the approach that any question we deemed "irrelevant" was not to be answered then debate would be very stilted around here.

All anyone is asking is for some give and take. He has questions that he thinks others SHOULD answer because they are very relevant to HIM. All I'm saying is that it has to work both ways.

Is that not reasonable?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 16:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Your question is irrelevant to the topic! Maybe you've don't understand the context of the discussion
    Well ya know its like TOO once told me, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer ya know.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:26
    So you've decided to fall for the propaganda then , rather than think for yourself and let the facts speak for themselves.

The one thing I don't want is for this thread to turn into a "have a go at ToOne" thread. It's more important that it's reflected back to him how obtuse he is and how he's getting nowhere with anyone because...

a) he won't ...[text shortened]... ant to "take sides" and subscribe to cheap hollywood cliches then that's up to you.
    I did think for myself, and yes the facts do speak for themselves in this case: the facts of the matter are that you have become an internet psycho stalker.

Honestly, I feel sorry for you at this point. To the extent that I value your psychological well-being and to the extent that I valued your earlier contributions to the forum which were many, it's sad to have been witness to the tailspin (which started, iirc, over 2 years ago now).
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:28
    Totally ignoring his posts is not viable because he keeps attacking my beliefs (and yet somehow portrays himself as the "victim". This is something that seems to have slipped under the radar with many. ToOne likes to twist the picture so that it seems as if he is under attack from me , however , if you look at the bigger picture you will see that it is ...[text shortened]... could have dismissed your post as irrelevant but that would have been too much of a ToOnism.
    Totally ignoring his posts is not viable

Well, that's false. At this point, this is certainly a viable option, for the sanctity of your psychological well-being.
  13. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:27
    I did think for myself, and yes the facts do speak for themselves in this case: the facts of the matter are that you have become an internet psycho stalker.

Honestly, I feel sorry for you at this point. To the extent that I value your psychological well-being and to the extent that I valued your earlier contributions to the forum which were many, it's sad to have been witness to the tailspin (which started, iirc, over 2 years ago now).
    Anything particular attract you to this thread? LOL
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:441 edit
    Anything particular attract you to this thread? LOL
    Are you hard of reading? I am moved to speak to you here because, as I already stated, I value your psychological well-being, toward which I think you have done disservice.
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 20:48
    Are you hard of reading? I am moved to speak to you here because, as I already stated, I value your psychological well-being, toward which I think you have done disservice.
    Which particular aspect of my burgeoning psychiatric condition needs addressing most do you think ?

My insistence on robustly defending my own faith perhaps?

Or my request for reasonable answers to plain questions?

Interestingly , you seem concerned for my well being because I started this thread but don't bat an eyelid at ToOne's constant pursuit of Christians and Christianity.

Maybe if you explained what is wrong with confronting someone who is distorting your beliefs and pursuing your faith then I would understand better. The problem is that you don't seem concerned for ToOne's well being. He sees himself as surrounded by liars , deceivers , children etc - which does sound a bit paranoid. He also sees me as a stalker when it's him that has always been attacking my beliefs.

You don't think that is interesting?

Maybe if your compassion was a bit more universal and evenly spread I would feel a bit more touched.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree