1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 01:38
    Originally posted by @secondson
    That's convoluted. Tell a lie so that the truth will be known?
    Tackle Tom Wolsey about it. He is the "annihilationist". He's the one making the assertions about how atheists should react to the 'Doctrine of Annihilation', not me.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 01:382 edits
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I don't accept the crap you spew. But you are spewing crap. I say what kind of god are you advocating. The one that sends your kids to hell if they dare to think?
    What kind of god am I advocating?

Kids sent to "Hell"?

Good grief. Go take a nap.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 01:55
    The bible definitely advocates both, but maybe readers are just stupid. You could at least rise and shine, make a case.

But, no.
    You're the one that started this thread, so YOU make the case.

But, no.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 01:57
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Tackle Tom Wolsey about it. He is the "annihilationist". He's the one making the assertions about how atheists should react to the 'Doctrine of Annihilation', not me.
    But I was talking to you about what you said.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 02:00
    Would you not help your loved ones to get through this test? Suzi, my neighbor is a dickhead, but I would never punish him forever.
    We do try to make sure people study and are prepared, but if all they wanna do is party, no amount of reading the material to them is gonna work. We gotta get through the brain to the heart, and that's always a tough sell.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 02:111 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    But I was talking to you about what you said.
    And what I said was addressed to Tom Wolsey and was about what he said. Thread 177763. Don't be so dull.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 02:16
    I thought I was unique. But you, defending, have nothing. Could we possibly work together?
    You are a dime a dozen.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You are a dime a dozen.
    Demonstrably untrue.

Humans are, every one of them, unique in all the world, and for all time.

And even though identical twins start with the same combination of DNA, they still begin to diverge into unique beings even before they are born.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 03:20
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Well what do you know. An atheist, complaining that God is evil. Strange. FMF said atheists don't complain, they just "lack belief."

edit: wait. Is apathist a Pagan? No matter. Same bucket as far as belief in the biblical God.
    If this person says God is evil then he's not an atheist.
  10. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 03:551 edit
    Tackle Tom Wolsey about it. He is the "annihilationist".
    Care to quote me on that?

edit: And do so without the usual "seem" and "imply." Quote me. You made a direct claim.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 03:59
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    If this person says God is evil then he's not an atheist.
    Hi! A creator god doesn't need to torture your kids forever for coming to a conclusion from available facts. But you say yes it does.
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 04:03
    Hi! A creator god doesn't need to torture your kids forever for coming to a conclusion from available facts. But you say yes it does.
    I'm not advocating the eternal torture position, but I'm curious. On what grounds do you make that claim about a "creator god." Is your claim based on facts (please list them) or is it based on your feelings and desires?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 04:11
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Care to quote me on that?
    It's a reference to what you said on your thread "Atheists Get What They Expect?". People can judge for themselves how on target my take on your notions about atheists and 'annihilation' are.
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 04:25
    It's a reference to what you said on your thread "Atheists Get What They Expect?". People can judge for themselves how on target my take on your notions about atheists and 'annihilation' are.
    You made a direct claim. My alleged "notions" have no bearing. Quote me. Show where I ever said I'm an annihilationist.

Or is that your troll strategy. Make a false claim about someone and then when challenged on it, fall back to "my buddies here in the forum can judge for themselves." Cue the clapping seals. You're a joke. Now go PM your buddies and tell them you need rescuing because you made a mess of yourself again.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 04:55
    It takes anyone, everyone, including children and tortures them forever, if they hit the wrong spot on the test. It did give clues for the jews, but the rest of are screwed.
    No he doesn’t.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree