1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 03:33
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Jesus does away with the old testament and offers a new covenant. While in the past no man could see God, in Jesus Christ, this is changed. Remember that St Paul says that 'the fullness of deity' dwells in him.
    Where does Jesus say he does away with the Old Testement? Does he not refer and quote from in many times?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 03:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    Jesus.
    Dohhhh Ohhhh Yeah The best Manifesting of all!! 🙂
    That was a big my bad!! On that on that one.

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 03:48
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Did you look up vision in your dictionary?
    Vision:

1. The power or sense of sight
    2. Imagination or unusually keen perception
    3. mental image of something imaginary

Manny

So did Isaiah see the Lord or not?? If it was just an imaginary dream then it was pointless. However we know better.

Manny
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 03:48
    Where does Jesus say he does away with the Old Testement? Does he not refer and quote from in many times?
    That is not what I meant. I do not deny the inspiration of the OT. I do however give greater authority to the NT so prescriptions in the NT override those in the OT which are to be considered temporary. Jesus many times corrects and refines teachings in the OT. He urges against retaliative behaviour ('an eye for an eye'😉, condemns divorce and overlooks precepts and prohibitions concerning the Sabbath. Thus while man might not have been able to see God in the time of the OT, this is not true by the time of the incarnation since 'in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form' (1Col 2:9).
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 03:54
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    That is not what I meant. I do not deny the inspiration of the OT. I do however give greater authority to the NT so prescriptions in the NT override those in the OT which are to be considered temporary. Jesus many times corrects and refines teachings in the OT. He urges against retaliative behaviour ('an eye for an eye'😉, condemns divorce and overlooks prec ...[text shortened]... incarnation since 'in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form' (1Col 2:9).
    Glad you correct that. But I'm not getting back into the trinity as we've done all we can with that. But is the scripture in Exodus one that is no longer valid? Who now decides which ones we still accept and ones we don't? Did Jesus say to ignor that one?
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 03:57
    Jesus is the fulfillment of the OT and in Him is the New Covenant with man. 🙂
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 04:48
    Glad you correct that. But I'm not getting back into the trinity as we've done all we can with that. But is the scripture in Exodus one that is no longer valid? Who now decides which ones we still accept and ones we don't? Did Jesus say to ignor that one?
    No. But it is clearly only a temporary situation. Adam and Eve see God. God also appears to the great patriarchs. For whatever reason, Moses and his contemporaries are denied this privilege.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 06:11
    Oh so you've met him?
    Loosely interprated, you could say I've met a god-like being disguised as a wino.
    Hey , I got as much wisdom from him as a bona fide , multi-generational, Tibetan monk(A "doctor of divinity" no less)
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 16:07
    Originally posted by menace71
    Vision:

1. The power or sense of sight
    2. Imagination or unusually keen perception
    3. mental image of something imaginary

Manny

So did Isaiah see the Lord or not?? If it was just an imaginary dream then it was pointless. However we know better.

Manny
    Have you never seen a person ever in your dreams? A friend or a family member perhaps?
    "A vision is a sight or scene presented to a person's mind by day or night, usually through other then ordinary means, and sometimes while the recipient was in a trance or was dreaming." Insight on the Scriptures. Page 1158.
    There are many visions recorded in the Bible. But none of them were persons that were actually in the presence of a person they were actually having the vision about, otherwise it would not be called a "vision."
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 16:081 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Loosely interprated, you could say I've met a god-like being disguised as a wino.
    Hey , I got as much wisdom from him as a bona fide , multi-generational, Tibetan monk(A "doctor of divinity" no less)
    Hummmmm..... That's really not helping your case here any!!
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 22:44
    Hummmmm..... That's really not helping your case here any!!
    It seems I dont need outside help anymore. Think what you will, I'm just trying to relay a real experience. The subject was brought up, I responded.
    Are you calling me a liar or just deluded? (Dont hold back)
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '10 23:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It seems I dont need outside help anymore. Think what you will, I'm just trying to relay a real experience. The subject was brought up, I responded.
    Are you calling me a liar or just deluded? (Dont hold back)
    Not in the least my friend. I'm sure the person was very wise and probably somebody that would be good to know. But God has never materialized in the flesh. What reason would he? Why would he put himself into a humans position?
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 06:10
    Not in the least my friend. I'm sure the person was very wise and probably somebody that would be good to know. But God has never materialized in the flesh. What reason would he? Why would he put himself into a humans position?
    Page 1158. of what?? What did you copy and paste that from?

Christ was indeed The Logos but we don't have to down that road because it makes no
    difference to you.

Hebrews 13:1
    1 Let love of the brethren continue.
    2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Manny
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 10:55
    Well I'm not strictly saying God materialized in the flesh. I said this "wino" acted as a godly being.
    But having said that what authority do you have to make such a claim?("God has never materialized in the flesh"😉
    As far as you know (S)he could of.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 16:17
    Originally posted by menace71
    Page 1158. of what?? What did you copy and paste that from?

Christ was indeed The Logos but we don't have to down that road because it makes no
    difference to you.

Hebrews 13:1
    1 Let love of the brethren continue.
    2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Manny
    What does this have to do with visions? It seems Manny that when I confront you with logical and scriptural evidence you don't acknowledge it and move on to something else. Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree