1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 15:24
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    It seems the monotheistic concept of unity in diversity simply eludes you.
    The what? 🙄
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 15:26
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Would you quote me that I said that there is more than one God? You have about 8 or so years of material to draw from here.

And, if it is OK for you to call me a polytheist, then it is okay for me to call you a Unitarian?
    You believe in three distinct persons being god
    Your OP, claims that one of them sent one of the others.

It’s polytheism.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 15:269 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    As already referenced:

Zec.2:3 tells us explicitly that it was an angel speaking for God. Also, many scholars feel that the one "sent" here was actually "the angel of the LORD/Jehovah." The Hebrew scholars Keil and Delitzsch state:

"[In vs8] The sender is Jehovah, and the person sent is not the prophet, but the angel of the Lord....The speake ...[text shortened]... means of His representatives, not because He literally will live on earth (1Ki 8:27; 2Ch 2:6).'
    Allow me to examine your last conclusion first.

So, Hebrew scholars recognize that Jehovah did not send Jehovah, but Jehovah sent His representative who speaks for Him. Jehovah "resides" with humans by means of His representatives, not because He literally will live on earth (1Ki 8:27; 2Ch 2:6).'

1 Kings 8:27 - in Solomon's prayer of dedication of the temple of God:
    " But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, the heavens and the heaven of heavens are not able to contain You, how much less this house which I have built."

Please notice the apparent agreement of God in Isaiah 66:1,2.

"Thus says Jehovah;
    Heaven is my throne, And the earth the footstool for My feet.
    Where is the house that you will build for Me, and where is the place of My rest?

For so all these things My hand has made, And so all these have come into being, declares Jehovah.

But to this kind of man will I look to him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word." (Isaiah 66:1,2)

God says here that heaven cannot be His house and earth cannot be his house. He cannot look to His throne or to His footstool as His house.

But WHERE then CAN He look to find His house?
    He looks to humanity. But He looks not to ANY humanity but a humanity in oneness with Himself and submissive to Himself regarding His word.

"But to this kind of man will I look, to him who is poor And of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word."

This kind of man was secure in Jesus Christ. It is in Jesus Christ, this kind of man God would LOOK ... Look to what? Look FOR what? To this kind of Man God would look to have His house.

Now Zecahriah says that the FEET of Jehovah will stand on the Mount of Olives in the Holy Land. This is the God-man Jesus Christ in His second coming to dwell ON THE EARTH.

Zechariah 14:4

" Then Jehovah will go forth and fight against those nations as when He fights in the day of battle.

And His feet will stand in that day on the Mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east; ..."

The temple that Solomon dedicated was only a type.
    In reality God dwells on the earth by incarnation into the man Jesus Christ.

No wonder ON the earth this one spoke suggesting that He was the reality of the temple of God as God's dwelling place on earth.

"The Jews then answered and said to Him, What sign do you show us, seeing that you do these things?

Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Then the Jews said, This temple was built in forty-six years, and You will raise it up in three days?

But He spoke of the temple of His body. " (John 2:18-21)
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:04
    Allow me to examine your last conclusion first.

So, Hebrew scholars recognize that Jehovah did not send Jehovah, but Jehovah sent His representative who speaks for Him. Jehovah "resides" with humans by means of His representatives, not because He literally will live on earth (1Ki 8:27; 2Ch 2:6).'

[b]1 Kings 8:27
    - in Solomon's ...[text shortened]... it up in three days?

But He spoke of the temple of His body. " (John 2:18-21) [/b] [/quote][/b]
    Fair enough. Now, how about dealing with the meat in the sandwich?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:142 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You believe in three distinct persons being god

"Persons" is a word which I will borrow guardedly because no other human language word seems to do the job.

Yes, Father, Son, Holy Spirit - three [Persons] - (used with caution).

Your OP, claims that one of them sent one of the others.

Zechariah 2:8-11 says that Jehovah of hosts sent Jehovah of hosts.

It’s polytheism.

No, it is a window into tri-unity, a great mystery.

You could not find me stating that there is more than one God.
    You accuse my belief in Zechariah 2:8-11 as a belief in many Gods.

That is your accusation.
    My confession is that there is one God.

" ... understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed. Neither will there be any after Me.

I, even I, am Jehovah, And there is no Savior besides Me." (See Isaiah 43:10,11)

Angel means messenger. God could be the Sender and the Messenger. In fact often "the Angel of Jehovah" is used interchangeably with Jehovah in the Old Testament.

For example Exodus 23:20,21.

" I am sending an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.

Be careful before Him, and listen to His voice, do not rebel against Him, for He will not pardon your transgression, for My name is in Him." (Exo. 23:20,21)

It should not be taken for granted that God says that His name is in Him or that He (this Angel) forgives and pardons sins. This is Christ as God being sent by God before His incarnation.

"But if you will indeed listen to His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries. For My Angel will go before you and bring you to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites, etc. etc. " (vs.22,23)

This too is a window into the triune nature of God.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:233 edits
    No, it is a window into tri-unity, a great mystery.
    It’s not a mystery, it’s polytheism and it’s heresy.

3 is not 1
    #1 sends #2
    #3 watches

Ploythesism, and no amount of html, copy/pasting, obscure scriptures and twisting the word of god will make it true. It is man made error sonship, it’s obviously so.

Hear oh Israel... THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ONE

Not three ... ONE!
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:26

3 is not 1
    #1 sends #2
    #3 watches

Ploythesism, and not amount of html, copy/pasting, obscure scriptures and twisting the word of god will make it true. It is man made error sonship, it’s obviously so.
    Was there a point you had in this paste?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:28
    Was there a point you had in this paste?
    It’s not a paste 😕
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:343 edits

What is a heresy ?
    Jehovah of hosts as the Sender and the One Sent in Zechariah 2 is a heresy?

It is a mystery.
    Christ is called "the mystery of God" .

Colossians 2 Lexham English Bible (LEB)
    Christ, the Mystery of God

2 For I want you to know how great a struggle I have on behalf of you, and those in Laodicea, and all those who have not seen my face in person[a], 2 so that their hearts may be encouraged, united in love and into all the wealth of the full assurance of insight into the knowledge of the mystery of God, Christ, 3 in whom all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden. 4 I say this in order that no one will deceive you with persuasive speech, 5 for even if I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing and seeing your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ
    [my bolding]

Not me, but the New Testament said "the mystery of God, Christ" .

Thankfully it is a mystery that man can partake of and enjoy.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:391 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

I think there are more than one layer of "meat" in your post. Having dealt with the baloney, I will go on to attend to the salami.

Stay tuned.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:532 edits
    Ploythesism, and no amount of html, copy/pasting, obscure scriptures and twisting the word of god will make it true. It is man made error sonship, it’s obviously so.

Hear oh Israel... THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ONE

Not three ... ONE!

How do you feel about Psalm 102 ? There are 28 verses there. What do you see that Psalm as being about ?

it starts like this:

"Jehovah, hear my prayer; and let my cry come unto You. Do not hide Your face from me on the day of my distress." (Psa. 102:1,2)

Help me. What is that whole Psalm about ?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:54
    It’s a mystery..
    It’s a man made mystery.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:56
    Can someone help me please. What is this Psalm 102 really all about ?

Anyone?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:562 edits
    It’s a man made mystery.
    "the mystery of God, Christ" (Col. 2:2) is a man-made mystery ?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:57
    Can someone help me please. What is this [b]Psalm 102 really all about ?

Anyone?[/b]
    Don’t panic mate...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree