God Sends God

God Sends God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
Sheep have nothing to worry about
But you don't know God because there is no such thing as a relationship with God, according to your teaching.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 18

Originally posted by @sonship
But you don't know God because there is no such thing as a relationship with God, according to your teaching.
Can you quote him? (In context).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
So the church gang Romans 1009, Second Son, Sonship, and others have all at some point promoted the idea of a relationship with Christ and that this is more important than obeying the commandments of Christ. But if one were to ask them where does the Bible speak of this relationship with Christ and how important it is, there is silence. They can produce nothing.

First, there is no mention of a relationship in the bible.

From the thread
Relationship with Christ V Obeying His Commandments

Although latter he said this somewhat in contradiction to himself

A relationship is a two way street.
Christians like yourself continue to describe
a one way gimme gimme relationship.
The Bible does not describe that.
The Bible speaks of a two way relationship

You are obedient to Gods commandmednts
God then will be your faither
And you his sons and daughters.

If you are not obedient
The RELATIONSHIP IS VOID.
You are cast out of the presence of God

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

My bolding

There is nothing called a 'relationship with God' in the Bible.
The closest thing to a relationship with God is how one obeys the commandments.
The church pastor cannot determine that.
God and Christ will determine that at the appointed time.
Dont be fooled by church pastors and church websites.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 18

So the church gang Romans 1009, Second Son, Sonship, and others have all at some point promoted the idea of a relationship with Christ and that this is more important than obeying the commandments of Christ. But if one were to ask them where does the Bible speak of this relationship with Christ and how important it is, there is silence. They can pro ...[text shortened]... are not obedient
The RELATIONSHIP IS VOID.
You are cast out of the presence of God
When Rajk said, "A relationship is a two-way street. Christians like yourself continue to describe a one way gimme gimme relationship. The Bible does not describe that. The Bible speaks of a two-way relationship,"' wasn't he actually clarifying his meaning, not contradicting it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

When Rajk said, "A relationship is a two-way street. Christians like yourself continue to describe a one way gimme gimme relationship. The Bible does not describe that. The Bible speaks of a two-way relationship,"' wasn't he actually clarifying his meaning, not contradicting it?
If you knew the Bible as well as a theology graduate, you’d know God needs nothing from us, doesn’t answer to us, owes us nothing and that the gift of eternal life He offers us is out of love - not us jumping through hoops.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18
5 edits

When Rajk said, "A relationship is a two-way street.

First he said that there was no relationship with God in the Bible. Continuing to argue he changes some.

You asked for a quote. I think i provided one.

Christians like yourself continue to describe a one way gimme gimme relationship.

God WANTS to give you, give you, give you everything you need. If you don't see that, then you don't really see the grace of God.

God predicts and asks the impossible of Abraham.
Then God comes in to provide grace for Abraham to do what he could not do.

In his case God said he would have a son.
He and his wife could not have a child !
Sarah caves in and tells Abraham to go have a child with his female slave Hagar. Read Genesis about the father of faith.

So he has a child by Hagar. Hagar then gets puffed up and Sarah BLAMES Abraham. God doesn't speak again to Abraham for 12 years.

Then God appears and speaks to Abraham and says "No, this is not the child I promised you. I said you and Sarah will have a child". But the CAN"T!
God says, you can and you will - cut off your flesh. Do circumcision.

God comes in and though Sarah laughs in unbelief at the idea, she DOES have a child.

God promises us the impossible.
Then God GIVES us the the GRACE to accomplish this.
We then have nothing to brag about.
We know that it was of Him.

Sure, Give us, Give us, Give us is a relationship with God.
And we have faith, faith, faith, faith that He is and has everything we need.

The Bible does not describe that. The Bible speaks of a two-way relationship,"' wasn't he actually clarifying his meaning, not contradicting it?

I for one never said the relationship was not two way.
But God is the dispenser, the supplier.
We have FAITH. We exercise "the obedience of faith".

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 18

When Rajk said, "A relationship is a two-way street.

First he said that there was no relationship with God in the Bible. Continuing to argue he changes some.

You asked for a quote. I think i provided one.

Christians like yourself continue to describe a one way gimme gimme relationship.

God WANTS to give you, ...[text shortened]... God is the dispenser, the supplier.
We have FAITH. We exercise [b]"the obedience of faith"
.[/b]
"I for one never said the relationship was not two way..."

So you would find the sentiment that God needs nothing from us as erroneous? That God does require us to bring something to the relationship?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

So you would find the sentiment that God needs nothing from us as erroneous? That God does require us to bring something to the relationship?
So you would find the sentiment that God needs nothing from us as erroneous?

Can not you quote me in context?
We bring Him our fully opened heart and faith in His word.

That God does require us to bring something to the relationship?

Open yourself and have faith that everything you need is Christ and in Christ and will come from Christ.

This is "the obedience of faith".

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 18

Open yourself and have faith that everything you need is Christ and in Christ and will come from Christ.

This is [b]"the obedience of faith"
.[/b]
It's okay sonship if you don't want to answer.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

He needs nothing material or tangible from us, tangible in the sense of being literally visible.

Are you not familiar with the verse, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

(Hebrews 11:6)

Where did you get that alleged degree in theology? A box of Cracker Jacks?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

BTW, the Hebrews 11:6 verse must have been posted on here a dozen times since I got here three months ago.

The fact you apparently are not familiar with it is shocking.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

"For the righteousness of God is revealed in it [the gospel] out of faith to faith, as it is written, But the righteous shall have life and live by faith." (Rom. 1:17 RcV)

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 18

This is [b]"the obedience of faith"
.[/b]
Take for example Colossians 3:12, ,

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

Doesn't God require these things from his followers? Are not words of spite and derision an affront to this relationship?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

It's okay sonship if you don't want to answer.
I have to go now. But this post makes no sense to me as I believe you have been answered.

But I have to attend to other things right now.