1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 16:58
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Fair enough. Now, how about dealing with the meat in the sandwich?

I think there are more than one layer of "meat" in your post. Having dealt with the baloney, I will go on to attend to the salami.

Stay tuned.
    Good luck.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:01
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Don’t panic mate...
    While I am dealing with Zechariah 2 from verses surrounding 8-11 , you might comment to help me know what Psalm 102 is saying about Jehovah God.

What is this Psalm 102 about in your understanding ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:032 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Good luck.
    Ebenezer -
    This far the Lord has helped us.

"Fair enough" you said.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:04
    Good luck.
    While we're waiting on sonship.

Sonship. - 'No one to my recollection, has ever refuted this observation. In Zechariah 2:8-11 shows Jehovah God is both the Sender and the One Sent.'

Ghost. - 'In fact, Zec.2:3 tells us explicitly that it was an angel speaking for God.'
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:061 edit

Sonship. - 'No one to my recollection, has ever refuted this observation. In Zechariah 2:8-11 shows Jehovah God is both the Sender and the One Sent.'

Ghost. - 'In fact, Zec.2:3 tells us explicitly that it was an angel speaking for God.'
    You do want me to consider it carefully and seriously, Right?

If you have a point, you may expect me to admit it.
    So be patient. If otherwise I will tell you why I have the hope within me that I have.

I'd like to think we are interested in searching for the truth, not on ego trips about winning arguments.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:12
    While I am dealing with Zechariah 2 from verses surrounding [b] 8-11 , you might comment to help me know what Psalm 102 is saying about Jehovah God.

What is this Psalm 102 about in your understanding ?[/b]
    Why should I be interested?
    I’m only here to call out your heresy from time to time.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:12
    You do want me to consider it carefully and seriously, Right?

If you have a point, you may expect me to admit it.
    So be patient. If otherwise I will tell you why I have the hope within me that I have.

I'd like to think we are interested in searching for the truth, not on ego trips about winning arguments.
    Yes, I want you to give it careful consideration. I believe it is the refutation you have been searching for.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:131 edit
    The irony in your post is thicker than molasses.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:13
    Yes, I want you to give it careful consideration. I believe it is the refutation you have been searching for.
    He will never admit it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:161 edit
    Why should I be interested?
    I’m only here to call out your heresy from time to time.
    You may feel called to call it out from time to time.
    But that doesn't mean your "calling" proves it.

Do you have the guts to explain to me what Psalm 102 is about? If you lack ... interest, someone else may fill in for you.

We'll see then where this leads.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:251 edit
    He will never admit it.
    The nature of God has been the topic of centuries of discussion by people smarter than us. I don't think the revelation of this nature of God is dependent upon one passage - Zechariah 2:8-11.

If I notice a weakness not noticed previously, I will admit that my point has a weakness due to that hitherto not noticed objection.

There are plenty other indications that we are on the right track to believe God is Father - Son - Holy Spirit.

No more one liners are needed. Just sit back, get some popcorn and enjoy seeing sonship SQUIRM!!

Then again we'll see.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 17:29
    The nature of God has been the topic of centuries of discussion by people smarter than us. I don't think the revelation of this nature of God is dependent upon one passage - Zechariah 2:8-11.

If I notice a weakness not noticed previously, I will admit that my point has a weakness due to that hitherto not noticed objection.

There are plenty other indi ...[text shortened]... t sit back, get some popcorn and enjoy seeing sonship SQUIRM!!

Then again we'll see.
    The Ghost is your mightiest foe.....

😏
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 18:122 edits

From verse 3 to verse 11:

Then at that point the angel who spoke with me went forth and another angel came forth to meet him." (v.3)

So clearly we have the prophet Zechariah, and an angel and a second angel.

"And he said to him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem will lie as an open region due to the multitude of men and cattle within it,

For I will be her wall of fire round about, declares Jehovah, for I have spread you out like the four winds of the heavens, declares Jehovah. (v.6)

Ho, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon. (v.7)

For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye. (v.8)

For I am waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me. (v.9)

Give a ringing shout and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah. (v.10)

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people, and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you. (v.11)

Who is the one who will wave hand over God's people ?
    The hand waving one must be Jehovah of hosts in verse 8.

"For thus says Jehovah of hosts ... (v.8a)
    ... For I am now waving My hand over them ... (v.9a)

What will be the result of this one waving his hand over them?
    The result will be that certain people will know that the hand waver has been sent by Jehovah of hosts.

"For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me." (v.9)

There is nothing about the second angel speaking to first angel which rescues from this logic.

There is nothing about angel speaking as a dictaphone on behalf of Jehovah, echoing Jehovah's words, which rescues from this logic.

Jehovah God is still the Sender and the One sent.

Who is the One who will dwell in the midst of God's people in verse 10? It is Jehovah:

" ... for I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah." (v.10b)

As a result of this one coming to dwell in their midst who will they know has been the sender of this dweller? Jehovah of hosts sent this dweller.

" ... and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah,

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people, and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you." (10b,11)

There is nothing in 2:3 about a second angel mentioned which rescues from this logic. Regardless of what an angel might speak the net effect is the same - Jehovah God has sent Jehovah God.

Compare carefully the words of verse 10 and 11:

" ... for now I am coming and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah ...

and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you."
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 18:14

There are plenty other indi ...[text shortened]... t sit back, get some popcorn and enjoy seeing sonship SQUIRM!!

Then again we'll see.
    Another strawman sonship.

GoaD is not saying he has debunked your version of “the nature of God”, he is saying he has refuted your claim about Zak.

As you well know old chap.
    Dishonest again.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 18:292 edits
    As you can see Divegeester still doesn't get it.
    Too bad folksy talk doesn't substitute for a sound effective rebuttal.

There is nothing in Zechariah 2:3 about two angels, one speaking to the other OR one speaking for God, which rescues from Jehovah being both the declaring one and the one who has been sent.

So until I see either Dive or Ghost explain otherwise, let's move on to God being triune in Psalm 102 when compared to Hebrews 1:8-11.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree