1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 17:42
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Take for example Colossians 3:12, ,

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

Doesn't God require these things from his followers? Are not words of spite and derision an affront to this relationship?
    Require? Wrong verb, Heartpence.

Remember God’s Holy Spirit and how He is not an “outside agent” in a Christian’s life (as you previously claimed) but actually indwells a Christian.

Do you know the fruit of the Spirit and how that fruit is manifested in a believer’s life?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '18 17:421 edit

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

Doesn't God require these things from his followers? Are not words of spite and derision an affront to this relationship?

Yes, yes, Paul tells us to cloth ourselves in these things.
    And He says to "put on the Lord Jesus Christ."

Yes, and all these things are Christ.
    That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith.

We come to Him and TAKE Him.
    We apply Him.
    We allow Him to be what we need.
    We learn to run to Him.
    We learn to live Him,

We abide in Him and He is us.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '18 17:441 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I have to go now. But this post makes no sense to me as I believe you have been answered.

But I have to attend to other things right now.
    A fudge is nice as a treat, but it's not an answer. Perhaps you will return with more transparency.

Is it not a fair analysis that God, as portrayed in the OT, is a jealous God who 'needs' to be worshipped by man and gets quite angry when he isn't?

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God..." (Exodus 20:5)
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '18 18:00
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    If you knew the Bible as well as a theology graduate, you’d know God needs nothing from us, doesn’t answer to us, owes us nothing and that the gift of eternal life He offers us is out of love - not us jumping through hoops.
    God REQUIRES obedience from his children. Let me know if you need the reference
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '18 18:36
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    As is quite clear to anybody who has studied Scripture.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 20:16
    As is quite clear to anybody who has studied Scripture.
    I guess that excludes you lol
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 20:22
    Capitalizing “requires” doesn’t make your statement valid. But, just for the sake of argument, “requires” for what? Salvation?

Salvation is a gift from God freely given to those who believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection. See John 3:16, Romans 10:9 and Jesus’ own words in which He says the will of the Father is that people believe on the Son.

Come on, amigo. We’ve been over this 1,000 times. You can puff out your chest in an effort to impress God all you want, but you’re impressing no one.

Accepting Jesus Christ and believing in Him and His Resurrection makes you righteous in God’s eyes. Chest puffing doesn’t.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 20:27
    A fudge is nice as a treat, but it's not an answer. Perhaps you will return with more transparency.

Is it not a fair analysis that God, as portrayed in the OT, is a jealous God who 'needs' to be worshipped by man and gets quite angry when he isn't?

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God..." (Exodus 20:5)
    That is an admonition against worshipping false gods, which goes back to the importance and truth of Hebrews 11:6.

You better not wade any further into theological discussions if you’re going to continue to claim you have a theology degree. It’s patently obvious you don’t.

You could sell that load of bollocks a lot better when you were just trolling and your ignorance wasn’t on full display.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '18 21:17
    There is no need to press me with cleverly crafted questions.

God is the Father.
    God is the Son.
    God is the Holy Spirit.

And there is one God.
    That's all.
    How many personalities are their in god?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '18 21:19
    God is the Father.
    God is the Son.
    God is the Holy Spirit.

And there is one God.
    That's all.

Christians, bare the world's ridicule and enjoy God.

It is not that we believe something extra.
    Maybe others don't believe enough.

Just be willing to feel the world's teasing ridicule and enjoy our mysterious three-one God.
    Oh poor you, poor sonship, poor persecuted forum dweller, poor truth holder.

Grow up, behave like a believer and stop bleating like a JW.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 21:23

You do realize that God’s relationship with man and what God “required” of man was much different in the Old Testament (Judaism) compared to the New Testament (Christianity,) don’t you?

In the Old Testament, Jews (and Jews only) were expected (required) to keep the Mosaic law and when they failed, God allowed them to sacrifice animals to atone for their sins.

In the New Testament, God established a New Covenant with not only Jews but mankind as a whole in which being righteous (in right standing with God) and obtaining salvation are accomplished solely by believing in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accepting Him into your heart (John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.)

Instead of being justified before God through the sacrifice of animals to atone for sins, a person is justified before God through the perfect, all-encompassing and one-time sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Your bringing up an Old Testament decree from God and attempting to apply it to the present day is completely misguided.

Jesus Christ fulfilled the law by living a sin-free life, something no one else had done. That is why accepting Him into your heart and God’s Holy Spirit indwelling a Christian is what makes him or her righteous.

God’s standard is perfection - and no one accomplishes that, or can accomplish that, on his or her own.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 21:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester

Do you think your constant attacks on Christians are “behaving like a believer?”
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '18 21:31
    [b] "For the righteousness of God is revealed in it [the gospel] out of faith to faith, as it is written, But the righteous shall have life and live by faith." (Rom. 1:17 RcV)
    [/b]
    Here is the passage :

For therein is the righteousness of God
    revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,
    The just shall live by faith.
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven
    against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
    who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    (Romans 1:17-18 KJV)

Who lives by faith - THE JUST
    [Check the meaning of the word 'just']

Those professing faith are not necessarily godly
    neither are they automatically righteous.because of the Holy Spirit
    They must live godly and live righteously following the guidance of the HS
    Otherwise God's wrath will be on them.

Never once have I seen you quote these passages warning people
    of the consequences of living unrighteously.

This alone makes you a dangerous false teacher.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 21:32
    Originally posted by @divegeester

It’s interesting that the regular forum posters you attack - sonship, Becker, suzianne and myself - are all believers while the regular forum posters you agree with and defend are atheists or Christ deniers.

You might ask yourself why that is.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 21:36
    Here is the passage :

For therein is the righteousness of God
    revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,
    [b]The just
    shall live by faith.
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven
    against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
    who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    (Romans 1:17-18 KJV)

Who lives by faith - TH ...[text shortened]...
    of the consequences of living unrighteously.

This alone makes you a dangerous false teacher.[/b]
    One does not live righteously by one’s own effort or under one’s own power. Living righteously is accomplished by the power of God’s Holy Spirit indwelling a believer, which is why strengthening the Holy Spirit’s influence on us while we are in the flesh and in a sinful world is essential. And that is accomplished through regular reading of the Holy Bible and prayer - activities you mock, ridicule and (quite obviously) do not understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree