1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '18 18:431 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    'If' it transpired that God did 'not' send God and you were incorrect in your trinitarian beliefs, would this diminish God in your eyes?

Let me say to begin with that the revelation of the three-oneness of God is not solely dependent upon that passage in [b]Zechariah

It is an added confirmation to many other places in the wor ...[text shortened]... r augmented "in my eyes" God is what God is.

"My eyes" don't change that one way or another.[/b]
    I accept that as an honest and genuinely humble answer. I will, however, push my luck a little and ask you to consider what if it transpired that God was not only 'not' 3 personages, but was not even the God described in Christian scripture. Would God be diminished in your eyes if He was an entirely different deity, perhaps better reflected in another of the world religions?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 18:511 edit
    I said

What God is in His three-oneness cannot be separated from His plan to dispense Himself into man.

Look at the closing picture of the New Jerusalem in eternity.
    God in the Lamb as the light.
    The Lamb - the Redeemer God-man, as the lamp.
    From the throne pouring out is the Spirit as the water of life.
    This is the Triune God.

This is the Father in the Son from whom the Spirit is pouring forth into the eternal city. This shows the Triune God dispensing Himself into man to fulfill His eternal purpose.

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street."

This single throne is the throne of God and of the Lamb.

God is in the Lamb as the light is in the lamp.

"And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon that they should shine in it, for the glory of God illumined it,

AND ITS LAMP IS THE LAMB." (Rev. 21:23)

For eternity the endless exhaustless Triune God will be dispensing Himself into man as a flowing river of eternal life.

Sixty six tremendous books in this revelation, Sixty six books which some fool might call "waffle".
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 19:003 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I accept that as an honest and genuinely humble answer. I will, however, push my luck a little and ask you to consider what if it transpired that God was not only 'not' 3 personages, but was not even the God described in Christian scripture. Would God be diminished in your eyes if He was an entirely different deity, perhaps better reflected in another of the world religions?
    The question seems to me about the Bible not existing.

"Sonship, if the Bible was not written but we only had the Quran, or the book of Mormon, or the preaching Baha'ullah, or the Bagata Vita ... we only had those writings, would God be diminished in your eyes? "

From what the Father -Son - Holy Spirit is as revealed in the Holy Bible? I suppose the answer is Yes.

A world without the Bible?
    Be careful what you wish for.
    You may not like such a world afterall, should it arrive.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '18 19:02
    The question seems to me about the Bible not existing.

"Sonship, if the Bible was not written but we only had the Quran, or the book of Mormon, or the preaching Baha'ullah, or the Bagata Vita ... we only had those writings, would God be diminished in your eyes? "

From what the Father -Son - Holy Spirit is as revealed in the Holy Bible? I suppose the ...[text shortened]... e careful what you wish for.
    You may not like such a world afterall, should it arrive.
    No, the question was not that.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '18 20:101 edit
    No, the question was not that.
    The revelation of the Triune God is in the Bible.

Implied in your question, whatever you intend it to be, to me, is that presupposition that God did not speak in the Bible.

"Suppose it turned out that God is not Father - Son - Holy Spirit?"

There is no way I cannot understand that as meaning "Suppose God never spoke through the Holy Bible?"

I have no other way to think of your hypothetical.
    Sorry.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '18 20:29

Implied in your question, whatever you intend it to be, to me, is that presupposition that God did not speak in the Bible.

There is no way I cannot understand that as meaning "Suppose God never spoke through the Holy Bible?"

Sorry.
    Of the goats in Matt 25 there would be plenty who have lots of knowledge.
    Who are brainwashed into thinking that they know the truth
    But ignore the simple truths of the teachings of Christ
    Like help the poor and give to the needy.
    You will have lots of company.
    The eternal torment of others which you relish
    Maybe very well be your karma to bear.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '18 20:43

Sorry.
    Perhaps it would help to focus more on the last part of my question:

'Would God be diminished in your eyes if He was an entirely different deity, perhaps better reflected in another of the world religions?'

Please consider your answer in light of your previous comment, 'God is what God is.'
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '18 01:331 edit
    “Trinity” “triune” = zero mentions in the bible.

“Hear oh Israel the Lord your god is one” = many many many mentions in the bible.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '18 19:21
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    “Trinity” “triune” = zero mentions in the bible.

“Hear oh Israel the Lord your god is one” = many many many mentions in the bible.
    Are you denying the deity of Christ and that the Holy Spirit is God or is this more of your “one God in three offices” load of bollocks?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 May '18 19:21

Why is it so well hidden?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '18 19:28
    Why is it so well hidden?
    It’s not “well hidden” at all. Perhaps the fault lies within yourself and not the Bible?

“For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

(Matthew 13:15)
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '18 21:47
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    It’s not “well hidden” at all. Perhaps the fault lies within yourself and not the Bible?

“For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

(Matthew 13:15)
    If the reference was easily produced you would have produced it. Instead your have produced more irrelevant nonsense
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '18 21:51
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    If the reference was easily produced you would have produced it. Instead your have produced more irrelevant nonsense
    Perhaps Matthew 13:15 applies to you as well, rajk.

And the fact that you would call a passage from the Holy Bible “nonsense” and, in another thread, say the Holy Spirit is a “lie” shows just how sadly lost and hateful you are.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Perhaps Matthew 13:15 applies to you as well, rajk.

And the fact that you would call a passage from the Holy Bible “nonsense” and, in another thread, say the Holy Spirit is a “lie” shows just how sadly lost and hateful you are.
    That statement applies to those Christians who hear the teachings od Christ and do not follow it. They bear no fruit. They condemn those who follow Christ and they continue in their sins.

Read the context
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '18 23:11
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    That statement applies to those Christians who hear the teachings od Christ and do not follow it. They bear no fruit. They condemn those who follow Christ and they continue in their sins.

Read the context
    The passage I quoted refers to knowing the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven.

For you, everything is as blunt as a bull in a china shop - do good works or you’re a goat!

How many good works? Don’t know. Jesus will judge.

Do bad works cancel out good works? Don’t know. Jesus will judge.

Stop sinning or you’re a goat!

You mean one cannot commit a single sin after accepting Christ? Don’t know. Jesus will judge.

Yeah, you really understand the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven.

And how do you follow Christ when you’re constantly spewing hate?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree