1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I'm an atheist, but sometimes I meditate while visualizing a god in order to get my mind in the place it needs to be. My first god was Mercury, the Latin god of commerce, because money and work were the most important things to me. But not Mercury has come through for me and I have enough money...for now anyway.

Now I need a god to bring me inner gods are good for social skills, bonding, affection, peaceful strength and all that stuff?
    Just go find a piece of wood or a rock, call it Barney and have it
    be what ever you need, since rocks and wood don't talk back,
    don't think, don't see, they will not argue that your placing on them
    the insult you are putting on them, by having them represent the real
    thing which is by far greater than anything you can make up in that
    mind of yours.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 21:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Just go find a piece of wood or a rock, call it Barney and have it
    be what ever you need, since rocks and wood don't talk back,
    don't think, don't see, they will not argue that your placing on them
    the insult you are putting on them, by having them represent the real
    thing which is by far greater than anything you can make up in that
    mind of yours.
    Kelly
    Barney would not do what I need him to do since he has no history. I want established characteristics and to have culture provide psychological triggers that will remind me of my purpose. For instance, whenever I see the medical symbol (Mercury's Cadeceus) or the FTD sign, it triggers the ideas that I want to bring to reality.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 20:53
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…...There is only one God.....…

-if the answer is that the Bible “says so” then you are using faith that everything that is written in the Bable MUST be correct.[/b]
    ...and your point is? 🙂
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 23:25
    There's only One God.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 04:24
    I am a blue eyed, fair skinned man who speaks Standard American English working with mostly Black students in South Central Los Angeles. I do not want to meditate to the God of violent white people who raid and pillage. There are quite a few white supremacists who are into Thor. No.

If I started meditating to Thor I'd probably end up smiting gangsters with "thunder in my shoulder" - a rifle.
    So Thor is the god of violent white supremecists? Wow. You are a simplistic idiot sometimes. Yet I can tell you're not a bad guy. Just an idiot ... sometimes.

:sigh:
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 09:34
    My humble answer: No god.
    If you are at that point in your contemplation you can go furthur.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 10:43
    I'm an atheist, but sometimes I meditate while visualizing a god in order to get my mind in the place it needs to be. My first god was Mercury, the Latin god of commerce, because money and work were the most important things to me. But not Mercury has come through for me and I have enough money...for now anyway.

Now I need a god to bring me inner ...[text shortened]... gods are good for social skills, bonding, affection, peaceful strength and all that stuff?
    The loss of your god will set me freeEEE!
  8. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 10:452 edits
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    ...and your point is? 🙂
    …that he cannot logically justify his assertion that there
    is “only one God” and thus he doesn’t know that there is “only one God”.
    So it makes no sense for him nor anyone else to state “there is only one God” as if that is a fact.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 23:25
    Originally posted by Ullr
    So Thor is the god of violent white supremecists? Wow. You are a simplistic idiot sometimes. Yet I can tell you're not a bad guy. Just an idiot ... sometimes.

:sigh:
    While Mills' vision of what Odinism involves is still being re-explored and re-evaluated by modern Odinists, nevertheless Mills prefigures many of the concerns of Germanic pagans today - the morally and culturally corrosive effects of Judeo-Christianity[9], the importance of Eugenics and breeding programmes[15], the linking of individual with national vitality[16], the fall from grace of the White Race by being untrue to the spirit of their forefathers[16], valourisation of heroism[17], the intrinsic healthiness of freedom of heterosexual expression[18] and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Rud_Mills

Also see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Order_of_Thule

I know there are non racist Thor worshippers. That wasn't my point.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 23:27
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    The loss of your god will set me freeEEE!
    I'm already free. I use the gods for my own purpose and discard them when they're no longer useful. I deny them their reality, and use them as nothing more than a visualization tool.
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 23:51
    I'm already free. I use the gods for my own purpose and discard them when they're no longer useful. I deny them their reality, and use them as nothing more than a visualization tool.
    Just my 2 cents - If you are really trying to develop compassion for the humans around you then you need to focus on more than the positive aspects that you seek. Compassion is not found by directing yourself towards it. The evil that you see is the same evil you carry inside and the capacity for understanding that you hope to foster is the gift you will find in others. You are not different. The gods are not different. Camus said we were all judge-penitents. Recognize that Thor's hammer can strike a blow for justice and a dark mood of Jesus can unjustly condemn you to hell. It is easy to create or destroy. It is hard to contain both possibilities in their proper place. To have real compassion is to appreciate the human dilemma. "I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best." - Walt Whitman
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 20:12
    There is only ONE GOD!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree