Gog Magog Identified

Gog Magog Identified

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 14

Prophecy author has new interpretation of identities of Bible's Gog and Magog

Joel Richardson, author of “The Islamic Antichrist,” says Ezekiel 38 and 39 have been misinterpreted to point a finger at Russia – a notion widely popularized during the Cold War days of the old Soviet Union.

"And speaking to Gog, God says that he is the same evil last days invader that all of the former prophets spoke about. So here’s the question that needs to be asked: If Gog is Russia, and if all of the former prophets spoke about Russia, then why is there not one single passage anywhere in the Bible that speaks about Russia?"

“The Bible abounds with proofs that the Antichrist’s empire will consist only of nations that are, today, Islamic,” says Richardson. “Despite the numerous prevailing arguments for the emergence of a revived European Roman empire as the Antichrist’s power base, the specific nations the Bible identifies as comprising his empire are today all Muslim.”

Richardson believes the key error of many previous prophecy scholars involves the misinterpretation of a prediction by Daniel to Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel describes the rise and fall of empires of the future, leading to the endtimes. Western Christians have viewed one of those empires as Rome, when, claims Richardson, Rome never actually conquered Babylon and was thus disqualified as a possibility.

It had to be another empire that rose and fell and rose again that would lead to rule of this “man of sin,” described in the Bible. That empire, he says, is the Islamic Empire, which did conquer Babylon and, in fact, rules over it even today.

Many evangelical Christians believe the Bible predicts a charismatic ruler, the Antichrist, will arise in the last days, before the return of Jesus. The Quran also predicts that a man, called the Mahdi, will rise up to lead the nations, pledging to usher in an era of peace. Richardson makes the case these two men are, in fact, one in the same.

http://www.wnd.com/2009/09/108899/#SXgOXe45Yr8icPB3.99

Über-Nerd

Moves
02 Jun 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
Well... You are. 🙂
Ich bin KW 27 in Muenchen. Bist du erreichbar?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds

Joel Richardson, author of “The Islamic Antichrist,” says Ezekiel 38 and 39 have been misinterpreted to point a finger at Russia – a notion widely popularized during the Cold War days of the old Soviet Union.

"And speaking to Gog, God says that he is the same evil last days i ...[text shortened]... two men are, in fact, one in the same.

Still I see nothing in this thread actually identifying Gog or Magog, as the thread title promises.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Still I see nothing in this thread actually identifying Gog or Magog, as the thread title promises.
You must not have viewed the first video. The British guy identifies Gog and Magog as meaning the chief prince or prime minister of the land north of Israel that we call Turkey today. He also points out what Revelations has to say concerning the churches and that the seat of Satan is located in that same area in Asia called Turkey today.

So I believe the conclusion would be that Gog is another name for Satan's antichrist of the last days that will lead those Islamic nations against Israel. So Turkey is the main nation and not Russia as was previously thought by some.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Jun 14

"And speaking to Gog, God says that he is the same evil last days i ...[text shortened]... two men are, in fact, one in the same.

RJ, "Gog" refers to Satan who will be released at the conclusion of the Millennium to resume the conspiracy begun in the Garden. "Magog" refers to the unbelievers he will recruit to revolt against the perfect environment and rule of Jesus Christ. (Revelation 20:7-9)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jun 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
RJ, "Gog" refers to Satan who will be released at the conclusion of the Millennium to resume the conspiracy begun in the Garden. "Magog" refers to the unbelievers he will recruit to revolt against the perfect environment and rule of Jesus Christ. (Revelation 20:7-9)
What Is Up With Turkey?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Jun 14

What Is Up With Turkey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWzUJ3yQqiI
Haven't been to the youtube site. Who is suggesting the name of a specific country as the site of the Gog Magog Revolution?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jun 14

You must not have viewed the first video. The British guy identifies Gog and Magog as meaning the chief prince or prime minister of the land north of Israel that we call Turkey today. He also points out what Revelations has to say concerning the churches and that the seat of Satan is located in that same area in Asia called Turkey today.

So I believe th ...[text shortened]... s against Israel. So Turkey is the main nation and not Russia as was previously thought by some.
I'm sorry to say that this seems rather stupid to me.

Turkey is a secular state with no official state religion. The Turkish Constitution provides for freedom of religion. Turkey is a parliamentary representative democracy. Since 1933, both men and women citizens over 18 have had the right to vote. Political parties can be disbanded if they are shown to be anti-secular. While 94% of the population is Muslim, Islam in no way governs Turkey, and it cannot be considered an "Islamic nation".

I understand that your hatred of Islam drives you to find fault with it, but you must understand that calling Turkey the seat of Satan or the antichrist's homeland goes quite a bit too far.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Jun 14

What Is Up With Turkey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWzUJ3yQqiI
RJH, the individual featured on this youtube is introduced as an author and political commentator (not a pastor/teacher).
Though this man may have excellent academic credentials and a media following, his predictions are merely speculative.
Why "merely speculative"? Because nowhere in scripture is the geographic location of the Gog Magog Revolution revealed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jun 14
1 edit

Haven't been to the youtube site. Who is suggesting the name of a specific country as the site of the Gog Magog Revolution?
Well, I don't know anyone is suggesting that Gog Magog is a revolution. Some think it refers to a person and a race of people and a land north of Israel. This might be Babylon (Iraq), Russia, parts of Russia, or Turkey in this case.

Some British think it refers to a couple of giants that lived in England.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jun 14

I'm sorry to say that this seems rather stupid to me.

Turkey is a secular state with no official state religion. The Turkish Constitution provides for freedom of religion. Turkey is a parliamentary representative democracy. Since 1933, both men and women citizens over 18 have had the right to vote. Political parties can be disbanded if they are shown ...[text shortened]... and that calling Turkey the seat of Satan or the antichrist's homeland goes quite a bit too far.
I can't say for sure who or what Ezekiel is referring to. However, I don't see that this British guys interpretation is any more unreasonable than that of Hal Lindsey's, who says it is Russia, which is even less Islamic. I tend to lean toward the Gog and Magog referring to Satan as the antichrist and Turkey as the land of the people unless you have a better explanation.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jun 14
1 edit

RJH, the individual featured on this youtube is introduced as an author and political commentator (not a pastor/teacher).
Though this man may have excellent academic credentials and a media following, his predictions are merely speculative.
Why "merely speculative"? Because nowhere in scripture is the geographic location of the Gog Magog Revolution revealed.
The prophecy is from Ezekiel, not from this author and political commentator. He is only presenting some of the latest thinking on it. Yes, I understand that everyone is just speculating about it, however, I think this is some of the best speculation on it to date.

This Gog (Satan) is not only going to influence an attack against Israel in these last days, but as you say, Gog (Satan) will also lead a bunch of locust-like demons out of the bottomless pit to attack the people a thousand years later.

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

(Revelation 20:7-9 NKJV)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jun 14

I can't say for sure who or what Ezekiel is referring to. However, I don't see that this British guys interpretation is any more unreasonable than that of Hal Lindsey's, who says it is Russia, which is even less Islamic. I tend to lean toward the Gog and Magog referring to Satan as the antichrist and Turkey as the land of the people unless you have a better explanation.
I was just referring to your often-stated view that the antichrist will be Muslim from an Islamic nation. I think I see where you're coming from on this, actually. I believe Hal Lindsay thinks it is Russia based on geographic position as well as the ability to field a huge number of troops. But Turkey has the second-largest standing armed force in NATO, after the US. I guess it's as good a guess as any.

Moves
03 Jun 14

I was just referring to your often-stated view that the antichrist will be Muslim from an Islamic nation. I think I see where you're coming from on this, actually. I believe Hal Lindsay thinks it is Russia based on geographic position as well as the ability to field a huge number of troops. But Turkey has the second-largest standing armed force in NATO, after the US. I guess it's as good a guess as any.
The only country that wouldn't be immediately flattened if it tried to start
WW3 is the USA.

So if you really think your ridiculous apocalypse is real... The USA is the best
place for Satan to set up shop.

Turkey would last about 5 minutes against anyone with modern weaponry.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jun 14
2 edits

Well, I don't know anyone is suggesting that Gog Magog is a revolution. Some think it refers to a person and a race of people and a land north of Israel. This might be Babylon (Iraq), Russia, parts of Russia, or Turkey in this case.

Some British think it refers to a couple of giants that lived in England.
Well, I don't know anyone is suggesting that Gog Magog is a revolution..."

Revelation 20:7-9 "When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the [a]seashore. And they came up on the [b]broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the [c]saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them." New American Standard Bible "Footnotes: a.Revelation 20:8 Lit sea. b.Revelation 20:9 Lit breadth of the earth. c.Revelation 20:9 Or holy ones"

It's not a Sunday School Picnic, Ron. Satan will be released from his captivity and will lead a rebellious conspiracy against Christ's perfect government; and will be suppressed immediately. Fact that "Some British think it refers to a couple of giants that lived in England" is as inconsequential as is speculation on geographic details Sovereign God hasn't revealed. -Bob