1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 00:431 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The prophecy is from Ezekiel, not from this author and political commentator. He is only presenting some of the latest thinking on it. Yes, I understand that everyone is just speculating about it, however, I think this is some of the best speculation on it to date.

This Gog (Satan) is not only going to influence an attack against Israel in these last da ...[text shortened]... y. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

(Revelation 20:7-9 NKJV)[/b]
    "... however, I think this is some of the best speculation on it to date." -RJHinds To what purpose or value received?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 01:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "... however, I think this is some of the best speculation on it to date." -RJHinds To what purpose or value received?
    The purpose and value is in better understanding of the holy scriptures.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 01:37
    Well, I don't know anyone is suggesting that Gog Magog is a revolution..."

Revelation 20:7-9 "When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the [i]war[ ...[text shortened]... s as inconsequential as is speculation on geographic details Sovereign God hasn't revealed. -Bob
    There is a difference between revolution and rebellion.

Here are the definitions:

rev·o·lu·tion
    noun
    1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.

re·bel·lion
    noun
    1. open, organized, and armed resistance to one's government or ruler.
    2. resistance to or defiance of any authority, control, or tradition.

Satan leads a rebellion, not a revolution, because he does not achieve his goal to overthrow and replace Christ and His kingdom.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 02:06
    The purpose and value is in better understanding of the holy scriptures.
    "The Word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit, and of the joints and the marrow, and is a critic of thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12) / "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God might be mature, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17) / "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15) / "But a natural man [unbeliever] does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them [the Gospel and Bible doctrine], because they are spiritually discerned [appraised]." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Speculation isn't mentioned; after salvation, believers learn "the holy scriptures" to grow in grace from their pastor/teachers.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 02:06
    There is a difference between revolution and rebellion.

Here are the definitions:

rev·o·lu·tion
    noun
    1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.

re·bel·lion
    noun
    1. open, organized, and armed resistance to one's government or ruler.
    2. resistance to or d ...[text shortened]... evolution, because he does not achieve his goal to overthrow and replace Christ and His kingdom.
    Thanks, RJ.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 02:12
    Speculation isn't mentioned; after salvation, believers learn "the holy scriptures" to grow in grace from their pastor/teachers.
    These pastors/teachers you mention are offering speculation too.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 06:19
    "The Word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit, and of the joints and the marrow, and is a critic of thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12) / "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in r ...[text shortened]... er salvation, believers learn "the holy scriptures" to grow in grace from their pastor/teachers.
    I would prefer that these prophecies were crystal clear and no speculating be necessary. But it seems obvious to me that that is not the case.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 06:45
    I would prefer that these prophecies were crystal clear and no speculating be necessary. But it seems obvious to me that that is not the case.
    We both know that God is not the author of confusion.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 07:40
    We both know that God is not the author of confusion.
    I am not saying that God is the suthor of confusion. I am saying that Ezekiel's prophecies are not crystal clear and neither are those in Revelations. They require much study to get the right interpretation.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 11:24
    I think the anti-christ is materialism, not any geo-political country or location.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 11:401 edit
    .. .. to grow in grace from their pastor/teachers.
    This has to be the most misleading and spiritually destructive advice that you can give to anyone. It is no wonder that you idolize so many men and man-made doctrines and interpretations. You spend more time and energy quoting from the writings of fallible men rather than Christ himself.

Christ and the Apostles all warned that one must be careful of false doctrines and false teachings. Had you heeded that warning you would not be part of this once saved always saved delusion that has destroyed the teachings of the early church.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 18:18
    I am not saying that God is the suthor of confusion. I am saying that Ezekiel's prophecies are not crystal clear and neither are those in Revelations. They require much study to get the right interpretation.
    The Holy Spirit has given the gift of pastor/teacher [requiring preparatory academic training in the exegesis and isagogics of the languages in which the Word of God was written Hebrew, Aramaic, Classical and Koine Greek] to teach us accurately.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 18:20
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I think the anti-christ is materialism, not any geo-political country or location.
    Fascinating take, moonbus. Any authoritative or speculative source which influenced your thinking?
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 18:48
    Fascinating take, moonbus. Any authoritative or speculative source which influenced your thinking?
    Rene Guenon, French metaphysical author: "The Reign of Quantity" among other books. Also Frithjof Schuon.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This has to be the most misleading and spiritually destructive advice that you can give to anyone. It is no wonder that you idolize so many men and man-made doctrines and interpretations. You spend more time and energy quoting from the writings of fallible men rather than Christ himself.

Christ and the Apostles all warned that one must be careful of false ...[text shortened]... t of this once saved always saved delusion that has destroyed the teachings of the early church.
    How's that beam in your own eye doing these days? You'd be far better off focusing your energy there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree