Good behaviours vs beliefs

Good behaviours vs beliefs

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
Sometimes I am referring to Christ it’s possible also I simply put a T on it without thinking.
Kellyjay name the page where you specifically answered the question, just the page.

Must be easy for someone who so comprehensively responds.

Moves
01 Aug 22

@of-ants-and-imps said
Divinely inspired thought ended after the last disciples had recorded from firsthand account.
What are you basing this assertion on?

F

Moves
01 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
Sometimes I am referring to Christ it’s possible also I simply put a T on it without thinking.
You shouldn't be engaging me "without thinking". You're not up to it.

Moves
01 Aug 22
1 edit

@fmf said
LOL, made me snort my coffee!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 22

@fmf said
You have a very high opinion of yourself.

F

Moves
01 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
You have a very high opinion of yourself.
Not particularly, out here in the big wide world. No. I am a regular guy among the people I move among. But, here in a small world populated by just you and me, you are clearly inferior to me in terms of your ability to advocate and propagate your beliefs and inferior to me because of the way your inarticulacy [in harness with your pridefulness] undermines your integrity. You may not agree, but I assume you will respect my candour.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 22

@fmf said
Not particularly, out here in the big wide world. No. I am a regular guy among the people I move among. But, here in a small world populated by just you and me, you are clearly inferior to me in terms of your ability to advocate and propagate your beliefs and inferior to me because of the way your inarticulacy [in harness with your pridefulness] undermines your integrity. You may not agree, but I assume you will respect my candour.
Yes, that is you in a nutshell!

F

Moves
01 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
Yes, that is you in a nutshell!
You are what you are, KellyJay. Your self-esteem may need people to blow smoke up your bum, but I am not going to do it for you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 22

@fmf said
You are what you are, KellyJay. Your self-esteem may need people to blow smoke up your bum, but I am not going to do it for you.
FYI, I don’t look to you for validation.

F

Moves
01 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
FYI, I don’t look to you for validation.
I am not validating you.

r

Moves
01 Aug 22
1 edit

Moves
01 Aug 22
1 edit

I object to the faux-French spelling of "behaviours" and "neighbours" -- which aren't even French words to begin with!

Especially when some among the English (now hiding under the British umbrella) pointedly make an effort to say real French words and names the wrong way.

OAa

Moves
01 Aug 22
1 edit

@divegeester saidWhat are you basing this assertion on?
The Bible knowledge rests on fallible men. They had to be supernaturally given insight. It'd be nice if that stayed with them but, as you expect in the world, church fathers had experienced separation from receiving guidance. It's not far off believing the Spirit sustained them during an apostolic period, and later enveloped into intercessory methods instead of direct intervention.

Yes, so it could've been secondary nature at that time too and due to their sheer proximity to events and people they still claim inerrancy. Trust and obedience. I'll leave it at that, for now.

S. Korea

Moves
02 Aug 22

@divegeester said
I’m avoiding the terms “works” and “faith” to keep the principle more generic.

Which is most important doing good things for your neighbours or believing certain things about your God?
What a great question.

Fortunately, this is not an either/or. If we say we are Christians but fail to lead an upright life, not being transformed at all by our faith, what is our faith, really?

But it is also the case that if we actively deny an important part of Christian belief or commit some kind of heresy, we are losing the grace entirely of God. Perhaps some protection exists for those who have been legitimately deceived... But to be an informed person who rejects certain parts of the faith out of personal pride or ego and belief that you can be some mighty authority on the topic... that is a very dangerous situation.

Moves
02 Aug 22

@philokalia said

But it is also the case that if we actively deny an important part of Christian belief or commit some kind of heresy, we are losing the grace entirely of God. Perhaps some protection exists for those who have been legitimately deceived... But to be an informed person who rejects certain parts of the faith out of personal pride or ego and belief that you can be some mighty authority on the topic... that is a very dangerous situation.
What examples can you offer of “an important part of Christian belief or commit some kind of heresy” or a “certain part of the faith”, which in rejecting it would render the Christian’s good behaviours null and void but put them in a “very dangerous situation”?