Good behaviours vs beliefs

Good behaviours vs beliefs

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
Why?
For the reason I gave in reply to Philokalia asking the same question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 22

@fmf said
Like you and everyone else here, all I have are opinions and, yes, I feel certainty [to varying degrees] about them. This affects how I "talk". You also "talk with certainty on the subject" about your beliefs.
No, you declare how everyone’s views should be viewed, as nothing but opinions limiting their opinions as only meaningful as everyone else’s opinions. Except for your opinion because you hold yourself in such high regard, being better than others.

Moves
02 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
No, you declare how everyone’s views should be viewed, as nothing but opinions limiting their opinions as only meaningful as everyone else’s opinions. Except for your opinion because you hold yourself in such high regard, being better than others.
Do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 22

@divegeester said
Do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?
I don’t look at your opinion as a reflection of you, I try to weigh your points and conclusions on the merit of your argument or what you base it on. Having you say something about any topic just because it is you does not automatically get a thumbs up or down from me, neither do I reject or accept it on its face because it is you saying it.

To do it any other way isn’t looking at the opinion, just the person.

Moves
02 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
I don’t look at your opinion as a reflection of you, I try to weigh your points and conclusions on the merit of your argument or what you base it on. Having you say something about any topic just because it is you does not automatically get a thumbs up or down from me, neither do I reject or accept it on its face because it is you saying it.

To do it any other way isn’t looking at the opinion, just the person.
Is that a yes or a no kellyjay?

Moves
02 Aug 22

@fmf said
Like you and everyone else here, all I have are opinions and, yes, I feel certainty [to varying degrees] about them. This affects how I "talk". You also "talk with certainty on the subject" about your beliefs.
That’s the point, so what do we do it’s pointless to disagree with one another. Why the banter is it hatred towards God or the Christian’s?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 22

@divegeester said
Is that a yes or a no kellyjay?
You can not figure that out?

r

Moves
02 Aug 22

Moves
02 Aug 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You can not figure that out?
KellyJay, in line with your comment to FMF earlier… do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?.

Yes or no?

Moves
02 Aug 22

@divegeester said
KellyJay, in line with your comment to FMF earlier… do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?.

Yes or no?
Lighten up, Francis.

F

Moves
03 Aug 22

@mike69 said
Why the banter is it hatred towards God or the Christian’s?
What "hatred"?

F

Moves
03 Aug 22

@mike69 said
That’s the point, so what do we do it’s pointless to disagree with one another.
If you think it's pointless, don't do it.

F

Moves
03 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
All we are doing here is sharing our personal perspectives, KellyJay. In the course of doing that, it's hardly surprising that we disagree over things. What is it you want me to do, agree with your opinions, is that what you're on about?

Moves
03 Aug 22

@divegeester said
Does petty, localized blabbing and interrogation of others hold more value for your harsh little transitory ego than the Sublime Light of Christ?

Moves
03 Aug 22
1 edit

@kevin-eleven said
Does petty, localized blabbing and interrogation of others hold more value for your harsh little transitory ego than the Sublime Light of Christ?
Sorry . . .

A softer way of saying that [okay, sure, this is a completely different take rather than a rephrasing, I would agree] is that if you are a believing Christian, you can relax because you don't need to push the River.