1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 16:49
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Amen.
    Share more.
    When I got saved at 25 I didn't know any Christians, the ones who led me to the Lord I had just met. I asked God for Christian friends, next thing I knew I was sharing a 3 bedroom trailer with 4 other Christians. It was prayer and Bible studies all the time. In our place and others, it was a year before I joined a church and even then. I moved to a different town.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 17:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    When I got saved at 25 I didn't know any Christians, the ones who led me to the Lord I had just met. I asked God for Christian friends, next thing I knew I was sharing a 3 bedroom trailer with 4 other Christians. It was prayer and Bible studies all the time. In our place and others, it was a year before I joined a church and even then. I moved to a different town.
    Thankyou for that testimony.

I had heard a message by a certain Charles Simpson in which he talked about spending time with a few other Christians to help them. It as from that message I asked for God to put me with some brothers who could help me to grow.

Here are a few things that they taught me that have become life long beneficial habits.

1.) Start everyday with the Lord. Don't wait until you're dog tired in the evening and bring what ever is left over to God. You're spent. Rather let your first transaction of the day be to have a time with God.

That helped me grow.

2.) The helped to believe in the power of the blood of Christ. Accusation with or without some basis, is a major obstacle to advancing. I learned the prevailing power to overcome the accuser by the blood of Jesus.

3.) How to mix praying and reading of the Bible together to derive the maximum nourishment from the word of God.

Now some of this I already did kind of intuitively. But no one encouraged me yet.
    It was the "Amen, Keep on keeping on with that" that greatly helped.

There's more. That's good enough for now. Don't be surprised if the skeptics get to work immediately to find fault with these few things.

You know though that in the Body of Christ the intention of God is that we teach others to do what we do. Gave gave gifted ones -

" ... for the perfecting of the saints unto the work of ministry, unto the bulding up of the Body of Christ, ..." (Eph. 4:12)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 17:08
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Having a small group of mutual help is very effective.
    God honors this with progress.
    That is when the intention is really to come together into the name of the Lord Jesus.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 17:49
    Having a small group of mutual help is very effective.
    God honors this with progress.
    That is when the intention is really to come together into the name of the Lord Jesus.
    He put into small groups before small groups were cool! 😉
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 02:231 edit
    Here is a brother who inspires me to want to follow as a pattern as he follows Christ.
    Brother Ron Kangus speaks on -

-Knowing God and His Ways

YouTube
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 02:26
    Here is a brother who inspires me to want to follow as a pattern.
    Brother Ron Kangus speaks on -

[b] -Knowing God and His Ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUqyVvW2ns8[/b]
    What about "brothers" who inspire you and don't inspire you here at RHP?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 02:491 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What about "brothers" who inspire you and don't inspire you here at RHP?
    The spiritual life in me, the divine life in me loves the brothers and sisters.
    It is the Person who lives in my spirit.

Concerning the brothers and sisters here that I feel have met God, I recognize all as works in progress.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 02:55
    The spiritual life in me, the divine life in me loves the brothers and sisters.
    It is the Person who lives in my spirit.

Concerning the brothers and sisters here that I feel have met God, I recognize all as works in progress.
    Are you declaring yourself to be a 'good Christian to follow'?

Are the others here good Christians to follow too?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 03:011 edit
    Are you declaring yourself to be a 'good Christian to follow'?

Are the others here good Christians to follow too?
    For a person who is an Atheist, I don't see as sincere any interrogation of me - "Who is a good Christian to follow then ?"

From your own vigorous admission it appears that you have no intention of following ANY Christian here.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 03:09
    For a person who is an Atheist, I don't see as sincere any interrogation of me - "Who is a good Christian to follow then ?"

From your own vigorous admission it appears that you have no intention of following ANY Christian here.
    This is a dodge, sonship. You started the discussion. My questions are on-topic. Are you declaring yourself - to all assembled here - to be a 'good Christian to follow'? Are the others here good Christians to follow as well? If you don't know these things, then why have you started a thread about this subject in which you purport to know.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 03:24
    This is a dodge, sonship. You started the discussion. My questions are on-topic. Are you declaring yourself - to all assembled here - to be a 'good Christian to follow'? Are the others here good Christians to follow as well? If you don't know these things, then why have you started a thread about this subject in which you purport to know.
    Because he wants to believe he is God in judging who will have eternal life.

Knowing who won't is easy, or at least those on the path of destruction.

As far as I'm concerned, all others are maybes.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 03:56
    Are "Christians" who are "works in progress" automatically "forgiven" [because Jesus was executed for sedition] and thus irreversibly "saved" even if they "sin", as you have claimed about yourself?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 04:034 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though maybe 70 to 80 percent of discussions here gravitate into arguments about the assurance of salvation, this thread was never intended by me to be that rehash - "Who is saved and who is not ?? "

Its more about once one IS saved, helps in going ON in growth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parable of the wheat and the tares teaches that Christians are not infallible about knowing others' state of salvation. Matthew 13:24-30 with its provided interpretation - verses 33-48 show that it is possible that true disciples will not always be able to detect false ones.

I don't claim to be infallible in this discernment either.
    It, in fact, is NOT always easy to tell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There are hundreds of discussions started here. Very many of them eventually gravitate to yet another debate about who is saved and who is not.

This thread I intended to talk about something else. Using Paul and his companion workers, they were patterns to follow.

Though I may have made one recommendation of one modern day brother who inspires me to some amount of emulation, I won't be arm twisted to have to name posters here. And that especially with someone with no intention to follow any Christian.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 04:11
    Your questions are NOT "on-topic". You're merely engaging in perhaps your most often used "anti-Christian" tactic -- badgering the witness.

It's what you do.

Are you disappointed that your "accomplice badgerer" hasn't come to tag you out and himself in yet?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 05:02
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Your questions are NOT "on-topic".
    They are completely on-topic. While your response to me is not. Your response to me is The Suzianne Topic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree