Good sci-fi is about the present

Good sci-fi is about the present

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
If that was all that was taking place it would be no different figuring out what is good from evil, than ordering a favorite ice cream.
If discerning good from evil would be no different for you than discerning between types of ice cream without all that Bible "pipe dream" stuff "between your ears", then thank goodness for those you interact with.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Name a few objective facts.
The temperature out here on my terrace at this very moment. The dates of Idul Fitri in Indonesia in 2022. The fact that the UK doesn't have capital punishment. The number of states in the U.S. The price of this smartphone when I bought it. The number of children I have. What the content of the U.S. Bill of Rights is.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
The temperature out here on my terrace at this very moment. The dates of Idul Fitri in Indonesia in 2022. The fact that the UK doesn't have capital punishment. The number of states in the U.S. The price of this smartphone when I bought it. The number of children I have. What the content of the U.S. Bill of Rights is.
I like that good, and those are true right now, and will remain true that at this moment in time those were true. I say at this moment because things change correct?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I like that good, and those are true right now, and will remain true that at this moment in time those were true. I at this moment because things change correct?
Say again.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
Say again.
You want me too copy and paste so you can read it again? 😀

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
You want me too copy and paste so you can read it again? 😀
There was something wrong with how you wrote it. Last 8 words are incomprehensible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
There was something wrong with how you wrote it. Last 8 words are incomprehensible.
Really temperatures change, what is written could be altered so you choose things that were true in a point in history which means that truth was true then maybe not now. Has the temperature remained constant from when you wrote that?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Really temperatures change,
Yeah, I said "The temperature out here on my terrace at this very moment"

F

Moves
11 Feb 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Has the temperature remained constant from when you wrote that?
Of course not, so what?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
what is written could be altered so you choose things that were true in a point in history which means that truth was true then maybe not now.
If this is some kind of thought exercise to demonstrate that objective facts DON'T exist, go for it. I don't see how it helps your "Hell" is as "real as rocks" assertion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
If this is some kind of thought exercise to demonstrate that objective facts DON'T exist, go for it. I don't see how it helps your "Hell" is as "real as rocks" assertion.
No, I'm just confirming that if something is true, it is always true.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@FMF
It seems someone is putting thumbs down on all your post no matter what you say, someone that P.O.ed at you?

F

Moves
12 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
@FMF
It seems someone is putting thumbs down on all your post no matter what you say, someone that P.O.ed at you?
It's been going on for years.

Moves
12 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
No, I'm just confirming that if something is true, it is always true.
Not necessarily. I had $110, and now I have $16.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Feb 22

@fmf said
It's been going on for years.
That’s sad