Goodbye RJHinds

Goodbye RJHinds

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
You keep babbling on about all this garbage, but it's all irrelevant. The numbers are clear - you've been shown to have been using an engine. Stop using it, and stop lying about it. Nobody cares about the rest.
Thanks, I was thinking this, but not sure enough to post it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Thanks, I was thinking this, but not sure enough to post it.
Nobody is sure, because it is not true.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jan 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
2200+ for 300 games earns a Life Master title and 2200 rating floor. Brian Wall and "Kirby" Burnette are two examples.
Is there any other master that does not require this? My understanding is
that you are just a candidate to be a master until you acheive the 300
games during the time your rating is over 2200. Am I wrong?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
1. Do you have a chess engine?
2. Have you ran any of RJHinds games through it?
3. Do you know what the thresholds for human play compared to machines are?

Answer no to any of those questions and i can safely say you're talking out your arse.
Do I KNOW what the thresholds are for human play, or do I speculate, like many others here? A lot is said about how "X% is the upper limit of human capability", etc. etc. etc. I'm just not buying it.

Either you believe these so-called "thresholds" and that an amazing number of players on this site use engines, or you believe a witch hunt is going on.

What's amazing to me is that every top player is "proven" to be using an engine, one after the other. EVERY player who makes it to the top on this site uses an engine? Somehow I doubt it. Someone gets butt-hurt by being beat by someone their inflated ego thinks they should beat and they get their knickers in a twist and claim engine use. I've been here long enough to see it happen over and over, ad nauseam.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Either you believe these so-called "thresholds" and that an amazing number of players on this site use engines, or you believe a witch hunt is going on.
Why is it a witch hunt just because they have the numbers wrong? Why cant people honestly believe that a close matchup with engines is not normal for human players and be wrong?

What's amazing to me is that every top player is "proven" to be using an engine, one after the other.
Why is that amazing? Engines are pretty good, so its to be expected that they would get to the top.

EVERY player who makes it to the top on this site uses an engine?
Again, why not? Unless with have some grand masters on the site, it should not be possible for a human player to beat the engine users.

Somehow I doubt it.
Give a better reason why.

Someone gets butt-hurt by being beat by someone their inflated ego thinks they should beat and they get their knickers in a twist and claim engine use. I've been here long enough to see it happen over and over, ad nauseam.
Yet they have to prove it with stats. Is not just about accusations, there is statistical proof that you yourself can verify.
Do you have an alternative explanation as to why good players on RHP have better engine matchup rates than good players in publicly monitored games?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
29 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Is there any other master that does not require this? My understanding is
that you are just a candidate to be a master until you acheive the 300
games during the time your rating is over 2200. Am I wrong?
A candidate master has a rating of 2001-2199, they used to be called experts. A National Master title is also used. I'm not sure of the qualifications though.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Do I KNOW what the thresholds are for human play, or do I speculate, like many others here? A lot is said about how "X% is the upper limit of human capability", etc. etc. etc. I'm just not buying it.

...[text shortened]... aim engine use. I've been here long enough to see it happen over and over, ad nauseam.
Speculate?! LOL!!!

There are thresholds which the greatest players who have ever played the game do not cross, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, people have been analysing games for years and as of yet no human without the aid of a computer has crossed these thresholds. Yet players here at RHP and over at chess.com and other websites do so on a regular basis. Are we to assume that all these 'Johnny nobodies' are closet chess geniuses, or are we to assume that maybe, just maybe, they might be cheating.

Consider this, here are RJHinds (1817 OTB rating 20+ years ago) stats which i analysed -

1st choice (470/719) - 65.4%
2nd choice (594/719) - 82.6%
3rd choice (662/719) - 92.1%
4th choice (696/719) - 96.8%

Now here are Magnus Carlsen's stats, Magnus Carlsen being the worlds number 1 player with a FIDE rating of 2835. He's a professional chess player, a child prodigy and a chess genius -

1st choice (240/438) - 54.8%
2nd choice (321/438) - 73.3%
3rd choice (370/438) - 84.5%
4th choice (409/438) - 93.3%

How come Ron is playing SIGNIFICANTLY more engine like chess than the best player in the world? What would you put that down to?!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jan 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
A candidate master has a rating of 2001-2199, they used to be called experts. A National Master title is also used. I'm not sure of the qualifications though.
I think there must be some way to determine when a person is gets a title
as important as a Master. Just getting one's rating score over 2200 and
a couple games later losing and going back and forth does not seem to
me enough to give someone such a title. The idea for maintaining the
2200+ score for 300 games seems reasonable to me. There must also
be some requirement to be given the title of Grandmaster.

F

Moves
30 Jan 12

I think there must be some way to determine when a person is gets a title
as important as a Master. Just getting one's rating score over 2200 and
a couple games later losing and going back and forth does not seem to
me enough to give someone such a title. The idea for maintaining the
2200+ score for 300 games seems reasonable to me. There must also
be some requirement to be given the title of Grandmaster.
Doesn't your software have a manual?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Speculate?! LOL!!!

There are thresholds which the greatest players who have ever played the game do not cross, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, people have been analysing games for years and as of yet no human without the aid of a computer has crossed these thresholds. Yet players here at RHP and over at chess.com and other websites do so on a regular basis. Are w ...[text shortened]... more engine like chess than the best player in the world? What would you put that down to?!
You are comparing apples to oranges. Magnus Carlsen doe not play under
RHP rules. He can not consult his old games are other grandmaster games
as he plays. Magnus Carlsen does not have the benefit of an analyze
board. He can not consult chess books to refresh his memory on certain
positions. He can not stop when he is tired of thinking and come back
the next day after he has had a good nights rest. He might have to play
in a tournament and get sick and not feel too good one day, but he must
play anyway or forfeit the game. He has to play a certain number of moves
in a certain time period no matter how complicated the postion gets. You
are one of the most stupid and assine persons I have ever met.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 12

You are one of the most stupid and assine persons I have ever met.
And you appear to be claiming to be a better player than Magnus Carlsen. Is that the best defence you could come up with? I think you need to treat the forum like a chess game and analyse posts a bit longer before you make stupid moves.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jan 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
And you appear to be claiming to be a better player than Magnus Carlsen. Is that the best defence you could come up with? I think you need to treat the forum like a chess game and analyse posts a bit longer before you make stupid moves.
I am not near as good a player as Magnus Carlsen. I would say, when
he is at his best he is better than any computer, just like Kasparov.
However nobody can play OTB at their very best all the time. But I
may be able to get a draw or even win a game against him, if I played
by RHP rules and he continued to play by FIDE OTB rules.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jan 12
1 edit

You are one of the most stupid and assine persons I have ever met.
people

sorry to be picky about your syntax, but you just reminded me of someone. [again]

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 12

I am not near as good a player as Magnus Carlsen. I would say, when
he is at his best he is better than any computer, just like Kasparov.
A human has not been the best chess player for many years now.

However nobody can play OTB at their very best all the time. But I
may be able to get a draw or even win a game against him, if I played
by RHP rules and he continued to play by FIDE OTB rules.

Yet you claim not only to be able to draw or occasionally win, but to be significantly better at playing like a computer. You are also essentially claiming that when you play on RHP, you are a better chess player than Magnus Carlsen when he plays OTB. I find that somewhat hard to believe.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
30 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
[b]people

sorry to be picky about your syntax, but you just reminded me of someone. [again][/b]
good shot!