16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 15:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Probably....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19592372

http://www.thelocal.se/44408/20121114/#.UNcaTOQ1kqM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Sweden
    how do these links indicate that sweden is less moral? all they show is that sweden has crime problems just like other countries.

the rape convictions in sweden is not a sign that they are all rapists but that women feel more confident reporting it and that the police and courts system take it more seriously. its testament to the high levels of equality in sweden.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 15:32
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    how do these links indicate that sweden is less moral? all they show is that sweden has crime problems just like other countries.

the rape convictions in sweden is not a sign that they are all rapists but that women feel more confident reporting it and that the police and courts system take it more seriously. its testament to the high levels of equality in sweden.
    I really hate it when people throw a load of links at you.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 17:53
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I really hate it when people throw a load of links at you.
    guns dont kill people, links do.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 05:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    guns dont kill people, links do.
    Who puts the bullets in the guns and who pulls the trigger?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 08:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Who puts the bullets in the guns and who pulls the trigger?
    Yes yes nit wit; but the idea is to stop the maniacs "putting the bullets in the guns and pulling the trigger" and the most effective way to do that is to take away the guns.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 13:05
    Originally posted by divegeester

Yes yes nit wit; but the idea is to stop the maniacs "putting the bullets in the guns and pulling the trigger" and the most effective way to do that is to take away the guns.
    Save your ink, Divegeester. Why waste it? Bulk of the sentiments being expressed here remind me of the haunting line from a contemporary poem by a Chicago Poet (whose name I've forgotten) "... the bitter habit of the forlorn cause is my addiction." Primary foe of the truth is that element of mankind satiated with half truths; sound principles mixed with error; and hoodwinked by inherited human viewpoint.
    -
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 13:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Save your ink, Divegeester. Why waste it? Bulk of the sentiments being expressed here remind me of the haunting line from a contemporary poem by a Chicago Poet (whose name I've forgotten) "... the bitter habit of the forlorn cause is my addiction." Primary foe of the truth is that element of mankind satiated with half truths; sound principles mixed with error; and hoodwinked by inherited human viewpoint.
    -
    You mean like all those people who believe in non-existent gods for no better reason than their ancestors did...
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 14:22
    Originally posted by googlefudge

You mean like all those people who believe in non-existent gods for no better reason than their ancestors did...
    Precisely!
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 15:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Precisely!
    Yeah, I saw that coming.

Yours is one of the non-existent gods.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 16:36
    Yeah, I saw that coming.

" Primary foe of the truth is that element of mankind
    satiated with half truths; sound principles mixed with error;
    and hoodwinked by inherited human viewpoint."
    -
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 17:02
    Yeah, I saw that coming.

Evolution is a non-existent science, numbnuts!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 17:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You might be able to take away the guns from the good people, but then who is going to take away the guns from the bad people, nitwit numbnuts?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 18:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You might be able to take away the guns from the good people, but then who is going to take away the guns from the bad people, nitwit numbnuts?
    does that mean you think there are no bad people in britain? we dont have guns, how do we stop the 'bad' people?
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 18:24
    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/24/us/new-york-firefighters-shooting/index.html

is it time to arm americas firemen? doctors and nurses could come under fire, lets arm them too and postmen!!! infact all civil servants should have military training............its the only way!!!!
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 21:54
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You are cleverly avoiding the point of morality. You claim unbelievers are more moral. I never said Christians don't sin. Christians have the ability to repent and change, and ask for forgiveness, unbelievers don't.
    Christians have an anchor, Jesus Christ. Unbelievers are like a ship tossed at sea, full of doubt, worries and fear, without God and without Hope. Sad....
    Seems like you are just avoiding the issue. You made the following claim:
    Evil will continue until the heart changes. Only turning to Jesus Christ can accomplish that...When a person turns to Jesus Christ he/she receives a "new" heart.

If the above is true, then why are there so many Christians who are less moral than many non-Christians? If a Christian has a "new heart", then where does the immorality come from? If non-Christians have "evil" hearts, then where do their moral acts come from?

You are cleverly avoiding the point of morality.

Not sure what your objection is with using the word "sin". They are pretty closely related and I can't think of anything that is largely considered "immoral" that isn't "sin".

You claim unbelievers are more moral.

Actually what I said was:
    You're kidding yourself if you believe that Christians are more moral than non-Christians. I've asked a number of Christians if they held that belief and the vast majority have not.

The claim was that Christians are not more moral than non-Christians. Do you not understand the distinction?

I never said Christians don't sin. Christians have the ability to repent and change, and ask for forgiveness, unbelievers don't.
    Christians have an anchor, Jesus Christ. Unbelievers are like a ship tossed at sea, full of doubt, worries and fear, without God and without Hope. Sad....

And yet in my experience and in the experience of the vast majority of Christians I've asked, Christians are no more moral than non-Christians. What does the above have to do with that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree