1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The gunman in the Connecticut shooting rampage was carrying an arsenal of hundreds of rounds of especially deadly ammunition — enough to kill just about every student in the school if given enough time, authorities said Sunday, raising the chilling possibility that the bloodbath could have been even worse.

The gunman, Adam Lanza, shot himself in the head ...[text shortened]... s say.

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/state/article_8e449e86-4809-11e2-bbe2-001a4bcf887a.html
    This post bears no connection to the point in my post; are you just copy pasting random sound bites in an attempt to look like you know what you are saying?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:35
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Unfortunately, the kid apparently did not understand how.

Yeah, it would have been much better if the kid understood enough to have taken bullets that went with the gun to school.[/b]
    I'd prefer well trained teachers who had a mind to go through training.
    I'm not at all happy with the idea of kids taking guns to school with the proper
    bullets in the guns.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'm not at all happy with the idea of kids taking guns to school with the proper bullets in the guns.
    Kelly
    Not at all...not even a little bit? C'mon these 6 year old kids could handle guns, it would be fine; they could defend themselves from the murderers and allow the voting public to completely abdicate all responsibility for political action.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:482 edits
    I'm not at all happy with the idea of kids taking guns to school with the proper
    bullets in the guns.
    Kelly
    why not? guns don't kill people - neither do bullets, it's people that kill people! and what's more, if a child wants to kill someone they'll find some other way of killing them. we just need to make sure parents bring up their children responsibly so they can be trusted to have guns in schools and defend themselves against would be psychopaths.

Reveal Hidden Content
    I so wish there was a way to discretely indicate only to those who aren\'t gun fanatics that I have a reason for posting this response instead of giving the game away by typing this - no I\m not being serious :/
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:49
    bullets in the guns.
    Kelly
    bullets in the guns.

Evidently RJH is. Do you really think it wise to allow those with the mentality of an RJH to have access to weapons designed to greatly increase the ability to inflict harm?

Let me see if I understand you correctly. In your mind it is sensible to increase the number of private citizens carrying weapons designed to increase the ability to inflict harm in order to mitigate the harm done by private citizens carrying weapons designed to increase the ability to inflict harm?
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    why not? guns don't kill people! and what's more, if a child wants to kill someone they'll find some other way of killing them. we just need to make sure parents bring up their children responsibly so they can be trusted to have guns in schools and defend themselves against would be psychopaths.

[hidden]I so wish there was a way to discretely indicate ...[text shortened]... o those who aren\'t gun fanatics that I have a reason for posting this response :/[/hidden]
    Will you listen to yourself?

Kids? Bringing guns to school?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    bullets in the guns.
    Kelly
    id prefer to send my kids to school safe in the knowledge that no one had guns.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not at all...not even a little bit? C'mon these 6 year old kids could handle guns, it would be fine; they could defend themselves from the murderers and allow the voting public to completely abdicate all responsibility for political action.
    I think you are a completely worthless as someone who wants to discuss this
    or any other issue with that statement.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:51
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Will you listen to yourself?

Kids? Bringing guns to school?
    read my hidden tag
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    id prefer to send my kids to school safe in the knowledge that no one had guns.
    You may no doubt about it, I'd prefer to know that a crazy suicidal gunman
    whose only goal in life is to kill as many little kids as he can find will not walk
    through my kid's school completely unimpeded except by brave teachers who
    throw their bodies in harm way with nothing but harsh lauage and skin and
    bones.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:57
    I think you are a completely worthless as someone who wants to discuss this
    or any other issue with that statement.
    Kelly
    Well maybe but I'll be frank, you supporters of "the right to bear arms" in America sicken and bemuse me; there is more gun crime in America than anywhere else in he western world and yet you refuse to see the blatantly obvious correlation between gun related crime and the availability of guns.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '12 23:581 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]I'm not at all happy with the idea of kids taking guns to school with the proper
    bullets in the guns.

Evidently RJH is. Do you really think it wise to allow those with the mentality of an RJH to have access to weapons designed to greatly increase the ability to inflict harm?

I'd prefer well trained teachers who had a mind to go through tr ...[text shortened]... rm done by private citizens carrying weapons designed to increase the ability to inflict harm?
    [/b]I'd prefer well trained honest law bidding people carrying guns yes, in a world
    where any nut job with or without the law allowing it can get a gun and kill
    as many as they can. It again goes back to who is doing the killing, it isn't
    the teacher who would if s/he had to, throw themselves between the gunman
    and the kids to save the kids. That person I'd like have training and given the
    chance to defend themselves and my kids! I'm not worried about them, it is
    the wacko who doesn't care I worry about.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 00:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well maybe but I'll be frank, you supporters of "the right to bear arms" in America sicken and bemuse me; there is more gun crime in America than anywhere else in he western world and yet you refuse to see the blatantly obvious correlation between gun related crime and the availability of guns.
    I refuse to agree with you, because I do not agree with you, but that does not
    make me insult your posts as you did mine.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 00:152 edits
    I'd prefer well trained honest law bidding people carrying guns yes, in a world
    as many as they can. It again goes back to who is doing the killing, it isn't
    the teacher who would if s/he had to, throw themselves between the gunman
    and the kids to save the kids. That perso y kids! I'm not worried about them, it is
    the wacko who doesn't care I worry about.
    Kelly[/b]
    I'd prefer well trained honest law bidding people carrying guns yes, in a world
    as many as they can.

Did it ever occur to you that history has shown that a subset of teachers are "nut job(s)"?

Did it ever occur to you that part of the problem is identifying the "nut job(s)" from the "honest law abiding people"? Do you have a foolproof way of doing this? Do you have a foolproof way of making sure that "nut job(s)" don't get access to guns owned by "honest law abiding people"?

Did it ever occur to you that if guns were removed from society, that "nut job(s)" wouldn't be able to get a gun?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 00:292 edits
    You may no doubt about it, I'd prefer to know that a crazy suicidal gunman
    whose only goal in life is to kill as many little kids as he can find will not walk
    through my kid's school completely unimpeded except by brave teachers who
    throw their bodies in harm way with nothing but harsh lauage and skin and
    bones.
    Kelly
    what a piece of nonsense, violence foments violence, is the indiscriminate killing of six
    teachers and twenty little children worth your so called right to bear arms, i don't
    think so. Your constitution needs to change.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree