The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 00:441 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think you are a completely worthless as someone who wants to discuss this
    or any other issue with that statement.
    Kelly
    I suspect you were meant to see your glaring hypocrisy with this one...ah well, some people just cannot be reasoned with 😞
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 01:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This post bears no connection to the point in my post; are you just copy pasting random sound bites in an attempt to look like you know what you are saying?
    I was trying to educate you, because you don't seem to know what happened. 😏
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 01:15
    Originally posted by Agerg
    why not? guns don't kill people - neither do bullets, it's people that kill people! and what's more, if a child wants to kill someone they'll find some other way of killing them. we just need to make sure parents bring up their children responsibly so they can be trusted to have guns in schools and defend themselves against would be psychopaths.

[hidd ...[text shortened]... nse instead of giving the game away by typing this - no I\m not being serious :/[/hidden]
    What is wrong with having grownups there that are trained to defend the schools instead of leaving the schools defenseless?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 01:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    id prefer to send my kids to school safe in the knowledge that no one had guns.
    There is no guarantee of their safety even if no one had guns. As I showed before, guns can easily be made from plumbing hardware. It would be better if we could make sure that it is just the good people that had the guns. Taking the guns away from the good people would just make things easier for the bad people.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 01:313 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no guarantee of their safety even if no one had guns. As I showed before, guns can easily be made from plumbing hardware. It would be better if we could make sure that it is just the good people that had the guns. Taking the guns away from the good people would just make things easier for the bad people.
    No its your society that sucks, you claim the right to bear arms and look what has
    happened, you shouldn't be allowed to govern yourselves, its clear you haven't a clue,
    give it up, even GB, a Bostonian through and through regrets throwing all the tea into
    the sea. 😛 Lets sing the Scottish national Anthem together,

Oh flower of Scotland,
    When will we see, your likes again,
    That fought and died for,
    Your wee bit hill and glen
    and stood against him (against who?)
    Proud Edwards Army
    And sent him homewards
    Tae think again
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 01:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]I'd prefer well trained honest law bidding people carrying guns yes, in a world
    where any nut job with or without the law allowing it can get a gun and kill
    as many as they can.

Did it ever occur to you that history has shown that a subset of teachers are "nut job(s)"?

Did it ever occur to you that part of the problem is identifying the " ...[text shortened]... guns were removed from society, that "nut job(s)" wouldn't be able to get a gun?[/b]
    Did you ever think that the government does not have the power to eliminate all guns from society. All they can do is to make laws prohibiting law abiding citizens from having guns, leaving them defenseless. The criminals will have guns even if they have to make them. The US government once tried to outlaw liquor and had to repeal that law because of all the crime it caused. You must be crazy if you think a more wonderful result will turn out if the government tries to ban private ownership of guns in America. It would result in an all out civil war with a lot more killing than we now see.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 01:45
    Did you ever think that the government does not have the power to eliminate all guns from society. All they can do is to make laws prohibiting law abiding citizens from having guns, leaving them defenseless. The criminals will have guns even if they have to make them. The US government once tried to outlaw liquor and had to repeal that law because of all ...[text shortened]... ns in America. It would result in an all out civil war with a lot more killing than we now see.
    we don't have guns but then again, people shooting children and teachers in school is
    also quite rare.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 02:00
    Did you ever think that the government does not have the power to eliminate all guns from society. All they can do is to make laws prohibiting law abiding citizens from having guns, leaving them defenseless. The criminals will have guns even if they have to make them. The US government once tried to outlaw liquor and had to repeal that law because of all ...[text shortened]... ns in America. It would result in an all out civil war with a lot more killing than we now see.
    The US government once tried to outlaw liquor and had to repeal that law because of all the crime it caused. You must be crazy if you think a more wonderful result will turn out if the government tries to ban private ownership of guns in America. It would result in an all out civil war with a lot more killing than we now see.

If true, it only underscores just how many "nut jobs" currently own guns. Clearly they aren't "honest law abiding people" even if they currently masquerade as them. "Wolves in sheep's clothing" anyone?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 02:08
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The US government once tried to outlaw liquor and had to repeal that law because of all the crime it caused. You must be crazy if you think a more wonderful result will turn out if the government tries to ban private ownership of guns in America. [b]It would result in an all out civil war with a lot more killing than we now see.

If t ...[text shortened]... people" even if they currently masquerade as them. "Wolves in sheep's clothing" anyone?[/b]
    We have many that would go along with such a law because they are good law abiding citizens. However, there are many that are law abiding now, that would feel the government is being taken over by the communists and would not abide by such a law that violates our constitution. Then those would no longer be law abiding. I think those will far outnumber the ones that will go along with the law.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 02:25
    We have many that would go along with such a law because they are good law abiding citizens. However, there are many that are law abiding now, that would feel the government is being taken over by the communists and would not abide by such a law that violates our constitution. Then those would no longer be law abiding. I think those will far outnumber the ones that will go along with the law.
    However, there are many that are law abiding now, that would feel the government is being taken over by the communists and would not abide by such a law that violates our constitution. Then those would no longer be law abiding. I think those will far outnumber the ones that will go along with the law.

If true, it only underscores just how many "nut jobs" currently own guns. Clearly they aren't "honest law abiding people" even if they currently masquerade as them. "Wolves in sheep's clothing" anyone?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 03:38
    we don't have guns but then again, people shooting children and teachers in school is
    also quite rare.
    People shooting children and teachers in school is quite rare here too. You must realize that we have 50 states and many of those states have more schools than Scotland. I don't recall this ever happening in Connecticut before. However, any incident in one state effects the whole nation and is considered as getting worse when it concerns an area known for a low crime rate.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 04:54
    People shooting children and teachers in school is quite rare here too. You must realize that we have 50 states and many of those states have more schools than Scotland. I don't recall this ever happening in Connecticut before. However, any incident in one state effects the whole nation and is considered as getting worse when it concerns an area known for a low crime rate.
    Actually a report I posted says there have been 48 school shooting occurances when children are killed here in the USA..

But in looking at the "really big picture" Jehovah says that "it does not belong to man to rule man" and besides all that has happened in the past and will continue into the future as long as God permits it, man will continue to cause ruin.
    The founders of this country were just men and could not look into the future and see where that decision to allow guns to all no matter what is now showing the problems with that idea and the ruin it is causing to our fellow citizens.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 05:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Actually a report I posted says there have been 48 school shooting occurances when children are killed here in the USA..

But in looking at the "really big picture" Jehovah says that "it does not belong to man to rule man" and besides all that has happened in the past and will continue into the future as long as God permits it, man will continue to c ...[text shortened]... s now showing the problems with that idea and the ruin it is causing to our fellow citizens.
    If the founders did not allow guns, we would probably not be here to talk about it. Christ will work it all out when he returns to rule. We are to occupy and endure until then.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 05:28
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I suspect you were meant to see your glaring hypocrisy with this one...ah well, some people just cannot be reasoned with 😞
    Have you seen me go out of my way to insult someone for having a different
    point of view than mine?
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 05:31
    what a piece of nonsense, violence foments violence, is the indiscriminate killing of six
    teachers and twenty little children worth your so called right to bear arms, i don't
    think so. Your constitution needs to change.
    My constitution needs changed? You don't have the same one?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree