The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 06:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Have you seen me go out of my way to insult someone for having a different
    point of view than mine?
    Kelly
    Yes...your response to divegeester, which prompted my response to which your responding now:

I think you are a completely worthless as someone who wants to discuss this
    or any other issue with that statement.
    Kelly

You clearly didn't understand the point he was driving at and instead attack his character as a person who actually holds the views he presented only to challenge the logic of your own position; i.e. reductio ad absurdum. You have also played the same game with me in the "A world without killers/psychos!???" thread when you said:

I accept people like you who look at people who disagree with them will always
    paint those they disagree with in the worst light. Not sure why you'd assume
    such a thing, but I guess you do. I think your last is a twisted waste of time.
    Kelly

Again you completely missed the point of my post and instead just ranted off about how (in so many words) I was not to be taken seriously given I hold the views to which you were responding (which again, I didn't - I was just challenging your logic)
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 06:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If the founders did not allow guns, we would probably not be here to talk about it. Christ will work it all out when he returns to rule. We are to occupy and endure until then.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    With the way man wants to rule and control other humans you may be right and that is a complete shame.
    The day that comes when no one will be afraid of his neighbor and have to take measures to defend themselves out of fear will not come soon enough.

2 Peter 3:13
    New Life Version (NLV)

13 We are looking for what God has promised, which are new heavens and a new earth. Only what is right and good will be there.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 06:292 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Yes...your response to divegeester, which prompted my response to which your responding now:

I think you are a completely worthless as someone who wants to discuss this
    or any other issue with that statement.
    Kelly

You clearly didn't understand the point he was driving at and instead attack his character as a person who actually holds th ws to which you were responding (which again, I didn't - I was just challenging your logic)
    So did you bother jumping on his post that prompted mine? I didn't go out of
    my way to insult someone just because I disagreed with them. I responded to
    being insulted! If you are going to be the judge and jury here at RedHotPawn, you
    should at least do it fairly or not at all.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 07:30
    being insulted! If you are going to be the judge and jury here at RedHotPawn, you
    Kelly
    There was no need to jump on it...i got the point, you didn't
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 07:32
    There was no need to jump on it...i got the point, you didn't
    Yea, excuse one jump on another.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 10:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was trying to educate you.😏
    I'm open to being informed by most people here, but of your approximately 15,000 posts in these forums none seem to fall outside of the parameters of a severe communication ineptitude to blithering idiocy; so you will excuse me if I don't take notes...
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 10:17
    Kelly
    You said my opinion was "worthless" among other things; where did I insult you that prompted that comment?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 23:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You said my opinion was "worthless" among other things; where did I insult you that prompted that comment?
    By suggesting anything I said was where I wanted 6 years carrying guns to
    defend themselves from murderers, no where at anytime did I ever suggest
    I wanted kids doing that.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 00:043 edits
    By suggesting anything I said was where I wanted 6 years carrying guns to
    defend themselves from murderers, no where at anytime did I ever suggest
    I wanted kids doing that.
    Kelly
    He never suggested you did, however the logic you use to justify adults carrying guns (i.e. guns don't kill people - only people kill people) can be extended towards kids. I.e. if kids have guns then it is still the case, via your logic, that guns don't kill people - only people kill people!!! and so what is your problem!?

If of course you think kids having guns is bad because the kids might shoot someone then precisely the same argument applies to adults. (and those adults that do shoot people will tend to be more accurate and more savage than kids)

The above is why I did not jump on divegeester - you just didn't get the point (and you probably still don't)
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 02:03
    He never suggested you did, however the logic you use to justify adults carrying guns (i.e. guns don't kill people - only people kill people) can be extended towards kids. I.e. if kids have guns then it is still the case, [b]via your logic, that guns don't kill people - only people kill people!!! and so what is your problem!?

If of course you think kids ...[text shortened]... I did not jump on divegeester - you just didn't get the point (and you probably still don't)[/b]
    YouTube
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 05:26
    He never suggested you did, however the logic you use to justify adults carrying guns (i.e. guns don't kill people - only people kill people) can be extended towards kids. I.e. if kids have guns then it is still the case, [b]via your logic, that guns don't kill people - only people kill people!!! and so what is your problem!?

If of course you think kids ...[text shortened]... I did not jump on divegeester - you just didn't get the point (and you probably still don't)[/b]
    "Not at all...not even a little bit? C'mon these 6 year old kids could handle guns, it would be fine; they could defend themselves from the murderers and allow the voting public to completely abdicate all responsibility for political action."

This was mocking me in my opinion. Not sure why you want to stick your nose
    into our discussion but you have. My point has been and still is that responsible
    people who are well trained should be allowed to carry them. Suggesting that
    means 6 year olds or that I'm asking for any weapon be carried goes way
    beyond anything I've ever written.
    Kelly
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 18:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [quote]An 11-year-old Utah boy who said he brought a gun to school to protect himself from a Newtown-style attack, then brandished the pistol at three classmates during recess, has been detained on assault and weapons charges, a school spokesman said on Tuesday.

The boy, a Utah sixth-grader, took the unloaded .22-caliber handgun to his school south of ...[text shortened]... remarkably like some of the juvenile rhetoric spouted by the pro-gun advocates on this forum.
    Actually, your post sounds like some of the juvenile rhetoric spouted by the anti-gun advocates on this forum.
    You pick and choose articles like the media does to support your position. You skip by the articles in self defense where a gun is used.
    Banning guns solves nothing. Your imaginary Utopia is just that, imaginary.
    Evil will continue until the heart changes. Only turning to Jesus Christ can accomplish that.

Jer 13:23
    23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots?
    Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil?
    NKJV

Jer 17:9-10

9 The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?

10 "I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
    to reward a man according to his conduct,
    according to what his deeds deserve."
    NIV

When a person turns to Jesus Christ he/she receives a "new" heart.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 18:34
    "Not at all...not even a little bit? C'mon these 6 year old kids could handle guns, it would be fine; they could defend themselves from the murderers and allow the voting public to completely abdicate all responsibility for political action."

This was mocking me in my opinion. Not sure why you want to stick your nose
    into our discussion but you have. M ...[text shortened]... at I'm asking for any weapon be carried goes way
    beyond anything I've ever written.
    Kelly
    Here is your post to which I replied to:

"I'm not at all happy with the idea of kids taking guns to school with the proper bullets in the guns.
    Kelly"

My reply was obviously ironic and pointed to you thinking you were being in some way balanced in your position on guns by posting the above comment, which if it wasn't you being serious, would be hilarious.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 20:423 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Here is your post to which I replied to:

[b]"I'm not at all happy with the idea of kids taking guns to school with the proper bullets in the guns.
    Kelly"

My reply was obviously ironic and pointed to you thinking you were being in some way balanced in your position on guns by posting the above comment, which if it wasn't you being serious, would be hilarious.[/b]
    If we had not elected so many sissy representatives to government, we would have had protection for our children so this boy would not have to even think about needing to protect himself and his classmates while in school.

P.S. As Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger would say, "They are sissy men."

No, that was girlie men.
    YouTube
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 02:21
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Actually, your post sounds like some of the juvenile rhetoric spouted by the anti-gun advocates on this forum.
    You pick and choose articles like the media does to support your position. You skip by the articles in self defense where a gun is used.
    Banning guns solves nothing. Your imaginary Utopia is just that, imaginary.
    Evil will continue until the ...[text shortened]... deeds deserve."
    NIV

When a person turns to Jesus Christ he/she receives a "new" heart.
    Evil will continue until the heart changes. Only turning to Jesus Christ can accomplish that...When a person turns to Jesus Christ he/she receives a "new" heart.

You're kidding yourself if you believe that Christians are more moral than non-Christians. I've asked a number of Christians if they held that belief and the vast majority have not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree