1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 02:21
    What is up with christians celebrating something like Halloween?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 03:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Personally I think they will all burn in hell.

Seriously though, what do you mean when you say "celebrate it". Are they simply throwing a party or are they dancing naked around a camp fire worshipping the devil?
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 03:55
    Halloween is only a few steps behind skull and bones rituals. A good christian can part take in that and become el presidente.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 13:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally I think they will all burn in hell.

Seriously though, what do you mean when you say "celebrate it". Are they simply throwing a party or are they dancing naked around a camp fire worshipping the devil?
    Partaking of it as in having anything to do with it. Dressing up your children and walking the streets. That kind of celibrating.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 17:54
    Partaking of it as in having anything to do with it. Dressing up your children and walking the streets. That kind of celibrating.
    yes, but that alone won't make you a devil worshipper.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 17:55
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    yes, but that alone won't make you a devil worshipper.
    But it's ok to give the Devil his due?
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 18:02
    But it's ok to give the Devil his due?
    do you think dressing up is "giving the devil his due"?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 18:28
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    do you think dressing up is "giving the devil his due"?
    Why in the world would anyone that says they worship God and love what he loves and hates what he hates would want to have anything to do with some pagan holiday that promotes witches, demons, goblins, death, torture and whatever else that holiday is about? You might as well stick it up God's nose....
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 18:421 edit
    Why in the world would anyone that says they worship God and love what he loves and hates what he hates would want to have anything to do with some pagan holiday that promotes witches, demons, goblins, death, torture and whatever else that holiday is about? You might as well stick it up God's nose....
    Why in the world would anyone that says they worship God and love what he loves and hates what he hates would want to have anything to do with some pagan holiday

er...because its just fun and not really taken seriously?

pagan holiday
    the christmas tree is originally a pagan tradition, does that mean we should get rid of it? no.
  10. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 19:01
    You forgot Firemen, Policemen, Princesses, Princes, etc. My son was a Fireman last Halloween. It was cute to see my little one dressed up in that outfit. I agree with generalissimo. It’s just fun for the kids to get out there and get some candy. No harm done.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 19:28
    exactly which holidays are not pagan in nature😉
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 19:40
    Originally posted by duecer
    exactly which holidays are not pagan in nature😉
    Christmas, Easter...
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 22:11
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Christmas, Easter...
    man are you a dope! Easter is a pagan holiday celebrating fertility (rabbit that lays eggs) and Christmas was the original winter solstice festival, the catholic church co-opted the holiday to increae conversions.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 22:51
    Originally posted by duecer
    man are you a dope! Easter is a pagan holiday celebrating fertility (rabbit that lays eggs) and Christmas was the original winter solstice festival, the catholic church co-opted the holiday to increae conversions.
    Nonsense, The first Christmas was 2009 years ago and the first Easter was 1976 years ago, what are your dates?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 22:52
    Originally posted by whiteknight26
    You forgot Firemen, Policemen, Princesses, Princes, etc. My son was a Fireman last Halloween. It was cute to see my little one dressed up in that outfit. I agree with generalissimo. It’s just fun for the kids to get out there and get some candy. No harm done.
    That is your viewpoint..what is God's?
    The word tradition is used many times in the Bible as warnings to us. Mark 7:13, Col 2:8, Matt 15:3.
    Gal 5:9 says it doesn't take much to defile your worship.
    Na 1:2 says God accepts only exclusive devotion from his followers.
    2 Cor 6: 14-18, Eph 5:10,11 warns against thing of the darkness.

But again. This holiday has pagan origins. Just do a llittle research into any web site and you'll see this.
    Is the fun you let your children have worth the unhappiness you cause to your God?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree