1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 23:31
    Originally posted by duecer
    exactly which holidays are not pagan in nature😉
    independence day? civil holidays? school summer holidays?
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 01:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    independence day? civil holidays? school summer holidays?
    all secular, hence pagan
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 01:23
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Nonsense, The first Christmas was 2009 years ago and the first Easter was 1976 years ago, what are your dates?
    the word Easter only appears once in the King James version, properly translated it should read "passover" Ishtar was a pagan god represented by a rabbit that laid eggs.

The Christmas holiday was once known as "Yule" as in yule tide, yule log, etc... and has its origins in pagan mythology. At one time it was the most popular festival throughout Europe, as it signaled that the sun was now going to make its journey across the sky northward.

try reading a book
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 01:25
    the word Easter only appears once in the King James version, properly translated it should read "passover" Ishtar was a pagan god represented by a rabbit that laid eggs.

The Christmas holiday was once known as "Yule" as in yule tide, yule log, etc... and has its origins in pagan mythology. At one time it was the most popular festival throughout Europe, as ...[text shortened]... the sun was now going to make its journey across the sky northward.

try reading a book
    I didn't ask you the whole history, I asked you what time did it start?
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 01:43
    I didn't ask you the whole history, I asked you what time did it start?
    in the words of Jethro Tull...thick as a brick
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 01:51
    all secular, hence pagan
    mmm, are you sure? i don't think secular means pagan.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 01:54
    in the words of Jethro Tull...thick as a brick
    So are you refusing to answer me? That must mean you don't have anything to back up your claim.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 05:441 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is up with christians celebrating something like Halloween?
    I hate Halloween It's kinda whacko ! LOL You send kids out into the world to get candy from total strangers! Not too smart. As a a kid I ran the streets causing trouble that was all it was good for. As far as the religious aspect I think it can have an evil connotation but I think the western version of Halloween is just pure greed LOL not much to do with the original version of Halloween.

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 05:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally I think they will all burn in hell.

Seriously though, what do you mean when you say "celebrate it". Are they simply throwing a party or are they dancing naked around a camp fire worshipping the devil?
    LOL 🙂 funny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 05:54
    So why can't JW's celebrate any holidays? unless totally evil or something? In the book of Colossians 2:11-17 & 20-23 I believe this if taken to heart should free JW's from being afraid to eat or drink and let no man judge you for doing so.

Manny
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 07:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    I hate Halloween It's kinda whacko ! LOL You send kids out into the world to get candy from total strangers! Not too smart. As a a kid I ran the streets causing trouble that was all it was good for. As far as the religious aspect I think it can have an evil connotation but I think the western version of Halloween is just pure greed LOL not much to do with the original version of Halloween.

Manny
    In my neck of the woods it wasn't the kids who were in danger from strangers, it was the 'strangers' who were in danger from the kids.
    Apparently many kids saw halloween as a chance to run amok through our streets and play 'tricks' on unsuspecting householders.
    They would egg houses , torch bushes ,etc. without even going to the door and asking for candy. No wonder it has lost its popularity.
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 10:511 edit
    So are you refusing to answer me? That must mean you don't have anything to back up your claim.
    I answered you, you just havn't bothered to read it.

(Christmas was not one of the original holidays celebrated by the early church. in fact know one knows for sure what the actual day is or should be)
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 10:52
    mmm, are you sure? i don't think secular means pagan.
    secular means worldly, worldly=pagan
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 11:421 edit
    secular means worldly, worldly=pagan
    ummm i dont think that this is wholly accurate, pagan as far as i am aware comes form the Latin paganus, which, means, 'of the country', as in the countryside, and refers to the practises akin to the worship of natural deities as espoused by those livng there. like tying a ribbon to a tree to take away sickness (it gets blown away in the wind), or casting money into wells as a method of appeasing or gaining favour with the river spirits etc etc etc. thus secularism that is devoid of any religious connotations I dont think can be thus described.
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 14:07
    ummm i dont think that this is wholly accurate, pagan as far as i am aware comes form the Latin paganus, which, means, 'of the country', as in the countryside, and refers to the practises akin to the worship of natural deities as espoused by those livng there. like tying a ribbon to a tree to take away sickness (it gets blown away in the wind), or ca ...[text shortened]... us secularism that is devoid of any religious connotations I dont think can be thus described.
    so then you are for celebrating holidays?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree