Soul, after-life.
    soul this life!
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    soul this life!
    The soul goes somewhere after this life let's all hope it goes to Heaven.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:13
    Originally posted by daniel58
    The soul goes somewhere after this life let's all hope it goes to Heaven.
    but the soul is the person my friend, for if you take that as the case, then animal souls must also go to heaven.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:15
    but the soul is the person my friend, for if you take that as the case, then animal souls must also go to heaven.
    The soul is spiritual, only human souls can go to Heaven.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:16
    Originally posted by daniel58
    The soul is spiritual, only human souls can go to Heaven.
    but the bible calls animals souls as well.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:35
    but the bible calls animals souls as well.
    I said human souls.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    In my neck of the woods it wasn't the kids who were in danger from strangers, it was the 'strangers' who were in danger from the kids.
    Apparently many kids saw halloween as a chance to run amok through our streets and play 'tricks' on unsuspecting householders.
    They would egg houses , torch bushes ,etc. without even going to the door and asking for candy. No wonder it has lost its popularity.
    Sounds like we lived in the same hood! πŸ˜‰
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 02:44
    Originally posted by duecer
    exactly which holidays are not pagan in natureπŸ˜‰
    Passover. πŸ˜€
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 02:483 edits
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    the christmas tree is originally a pagan tradition, does that mean we should get rid of it? no.[/b]
    Err....um....if you own a christmas tree you will, in fact, burn in hell.

Just as a helpful tip, here are a few other items NOT to have in the house.
    1. Easter bunny
    2. a stuffed Groundhog for groundhog day. In fact, don't even go outside to look at your shadow on that day.
    3. any thanksgiving decorations. Of course, people will argue that it was all started by God fearing pilgrims, but we know better don't we? In fact, don't so much as eat turkey on that day.
    4. etc, etc, etc, yada, yada, yada. In short, celbrate ANY holiday and you BURN!! In fact, should we celebrate birthdays? Not so much.

Perhaps you think I am making this all up, but I am typing this directly from a JW manuel I picked up the other day. πŸ˜›
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 03:31
    Originally posted by whodey

1. Easter bunny
    2. a stuffed Groundhog for groundhog day. In fact, don't even go outside to look at your shadow on that day.
    3. any thanksgiving decorations. Of course, people will argue that it was all ...[text shortened]... ng this all up, but I am typing this directly from a JW manuel I picked up the other day. πŸ˜›
    Could you give me the name of your source of reading material? Thanks..
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 04:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Could you give me the name of your source of reading material? Thanks..
    I was joking of coure, However, from what I understsand and have heard JW's are forbidden to celebrate any holidays or birthdays.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 11:241 edit
    I was joking of coure, However, from what I understsand and have heard JW's are forbidden to celebrate any holidays or birthdays.
    I believe they celebrate birthdays but regarding the various religous holidays they are all verboten except for Good Friday.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 11:38

1. Easter bunny
    3. any thanksgiving decorations. Of course, people will argue that it was all ...[text shortened]... ng this all up, but I am typing this directly from a JW manuel I picked up the other day. πŸ˜›
    Here is some info:

What pagan celebrations are allowed for Jehovah's Witnesses?

When a new convert becomes a Jehovah's Witness they are quickly instructed on the pagan origins of our modern day celebrations. The Watchtower has made it known to its followers that they are to reject national holidays, birthdays, mother's and father's day considering them all to be of pagan origin. It is interesting to make a comparison of the rejected celebrations compared to what is allowed for a Jehovah's Witness.

Why aren't birthdays allowed?

Birthdays are not allowed by the Watchtower because two pagan rulers in the Bible killed people on their birthdays. The Pharaoh of Egypt killed his baker (Gen 40:20) and King Herod killed John the Baptist. (Matt 14:6). Is the actions of two wicked rulers sufficient enough proof that God condemns the celebration of birthdays? Is there any evidence in the Bible that proves that a Christian who celebrates a birthday is worthy of eternal death? It is apparent that the forbidding of birthdays did not make it into the ten commandments nor is it listed in the sins that God hates in the New Testament. Don't you think that God would have commented directly on the sin of celebrating birthdays if he provided such a harsh punishment as eternal death?

What is allowed?

Job apparently saw no problem with birthdays as he did not stop his children from regularly celebrating their own special days (Job 1:4,5; 3:1-3). And Abraham had no problem giving a party for Isaac when he was weaned, a celebration of his special day. (Gen 21:8) The Watchtower concludes that since the early church did not celebrate birthdays, we must not either. A birthday is in reality nothing more than an anniversary of a special event. Although the early church did not celebrate birth anniversaries, they did celebrate the anniversary of the death of the saints. The Watchtower allows the celebration of wedding anniversaries which is the celebration of the birth of the marriage. The Watchtower had no problems with celebrating their own 100th anniversary of the birth of their organization. Yet at the same time they disfellowship and condemn to eternal death those who celebrate the anniversary of one's birth. How can one celebrate the birth of an organization but not celebrate the birth of one's mate? Surely if the Watchtower is right, the same God who destroys people forever for celebrating the anniversary of their birth would not thinking lightly of people who celebrate the anniversary of their wedding or the anniversary of an organization's birth.

Are there inconsistencies?

The inconsistency in the Watchtower's rules is highlighted in the marriage celebration. The Watchtower allows wedding rings to be given even though secular sources show that they have a pagan origin. Should they be allowed for Jehovah's Witnesses? Honeymoons are allowed for Jehovah's Witnesses even though they have their origin 4,000 years ago in Babylon with what was then called the "honey month" after the wedding. Perhaps an article will be printed in the future in the Watchtower banning the honeymoon. Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to use the names of the days and months of the year that are clearly from pagan sources yet celebrating the anniversary of the first coming of the Savior is a definite no-no. Perhaps the Watchtower is waiting until someone reinvents the calendar before they institute a ban on the present Roman calendar. Although the Bible says to honor your father and your mother, the Watchtower says you can't honor them on one particular day - Mother's day or Father's day. If you brought them a card wishing them a happy day on that day or brought them a bouquet of flowers on that particular day, you would be subject to being kicked out of the Watchtower Society and subsequently face eternal death for your actions. Is the Watchtower going beyond what is written in the Bible?

http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Holidays/pagan_celebrations_allowed.htm
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 14:57

1. Easter bunny
    everybody knows JWs are crazy.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 01:50
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    everybody knows JWs are crazy.
    Actually the ones I have met are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I would just call them misguided. As for the crazy ones, they run our government.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree