1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 22:59
    So exactly what scriptural evidence is there that could possibly link the Whore of Babylon to the Roman Catholic Church? And why are Orthodox churches, which share many doctrines and much of Christian history, seemingly omitted?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:06
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    So exactly what scriptural evidence is there that could possibly link the Whore of Babylon to the Roman Catholic Church? And why are Orthodox churches, which share many doctrines and much of Christian history, seemingly omitted?
    i do not give credence to this idea, in fact i think it is quite erroneous, it was Jaywill which proposed it, therefore its from him that you must seek an explanation.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i do not give credence to this idea, in fact i think it is quite erroneous, it was Jaywill which proposed it, therefore its from him that you must seek an explanation.
    Galveston said it is the Catholic Church plus many others as well.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I am aware that Christ said he existed before Abraham. So he was there with God all along.

I KNOW that you 'know' quite of lot Robbie... 😀
    I had quite a bit of your knowledge during the celebrating Christmas issue.
    And youre correct. I know nothing really. I simply repeat what Christ said. I never add or subtract. Cant say the same for you, Gal ...[text shortened]... claiming the Christ is archangel Michael is the most hilarous piece of storytelling possible.
    I've never said anything that is not in the Bible...
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:16
    Galveston said it is the Catholic Church plus many others as well.
    I waqs responding to jays comment but agreeing that they are part of the problem..
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:16
    actually my friend, you surely know that ol Robbie is naught but a ragged clown! As for adding and subtracting, you must remember my friend that we are simply students of the Bible, and all that we teach has a Biblical reference, you may not agree with the interpretation of the reference, that is fine, but its not fiction as you have erroneously assumed, there is always a reference.
    A student of the Bible will not claim to be certain that celebrating Christmas is contrary to the teachings of the Bible. Thats the view of a Mr.KnowItAll.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:191 edit
    A student of the Bible will not claim to be certain that celebrating Christmas is contrary to the teachings of the Bible. Thats the view of a Mr.KnowItAll.
    nope, your talking nonsense again, there is clear Biblical principles which a child could comprehend! Does pre christian Pagan Roman festival of the death of the sun ring any bells?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:24
    nope, your talking nonsense again, there is clear Biblical principles which a child could comprehend! Does pre christian Pagan Roman festival of the death of the sun ring any bells?
    There is that Mr KnowItAll attitude again.
    You dont even know youre doing it .. 🙂 hilarious !!
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 00:09
    There is that Mr KnowItAll attitude again.
    You dont even know youre doing it .. 🙂 hilarious !!
    Again I ask..Do you just complain? You say you know so much about the Bible. Why don't you find some good to do with the knowledge you do have then just complain about things you really don't know much about? Seems like such a waste to me.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 00:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Again I ask..Do you just complain? You say you know so much about the Bible. Why don't you find some good to do with the knowledge you do have then just complain about things you really don't know much about? Seems like such a waste to me.
    Here is proof that you cant read or understand :
    Where did I say that I ".. know so much about the Bible." ?
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 00:274 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Conrau asks a good question. Someone should ask this. I am surprised that I was not grilled.

Unfortunately, I am tired for today. And I would like to take a rest. Conrau, when I return I will attempt to draw from Scripture to justifiy the interpretation I proposed.

But we have to be aware that there is a difference between the "system" and saints of God caught up in the system.

Think of the old testament. Daniel was "caught" in Babylon. Yet few people in the Old Testament match Daniel in Godliness and wisdom and even revelation from God.

In a state of "capture" away from the good land, God in His mercy provided such a spiritual person as Daniel in Babylon.

The brief comment to draw a distinction between the gifted saints of God and the system of confusion in which they may find themselves caught away to.

I do not intend to offend anyone. And in the Roman Catholic System there are unquestionably saints of God who love Jesus more than I do.

Please take note, the Harlot is a system. The daughters of the Harlot are also systems. The saints caught up in the systems are beloved of God and are His children, if they are born of God.

www.regenerated.net
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 00:301 edit
    Here is proof that you cant read or understand :
    Where did I say that I ".. know so much about the Bible." ?
    Well, one would think that if you were going to say that what someone was explaining they believe from the Bible, and quotes the scriptures that back it up, and then you say it isn't so, then one would think you would have the correct information to back up what you say. Right? But so far to be honest, I haven't seen that.
    I'm not saying your completey wrong on some points, but it would be a better argument if you would always back it up with the Bible, not just an opinion. Many do that here and it just isn't convencing when it's just an opinion. Notice how many use the words; I think, my idea, my thought, my belief, I feel or whatever. There is only truth in the Bible. Not a bunch of ideas or whatever you want to make of it.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 00:41
    Well, one would think that if you were going to say that what someone was explaining they believe from the Bible, and quotes the scriptures that back it up, and then you say it isn't so, then one would think you would have the correct information to back up what you say. Right? But so far to be honest, I haven't seen that.
    I'm not saying your complete ...[text shortened]... There is only truth in the Bible. Not a bunch of ideas or whatever you want to make of it.
    So you are a liar.
    I never said I know so much about the Bible.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 00:49
    So you are a liar.
    I never said I know so much about the Bible.
    What? What kind of statement is that?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 00:57
    What? What kind of statement is that?
    You said:

"You say you know so much about the Bible."

I never said that. When I asked you to show me where, you could not.
    You are therefore a liar. You need to tell the truth. Stop the lies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree