"Having the indwelt Holy Spirit"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
People should call things how they see them. I do.
Str8 up!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
I am very relieved to know that you think I am achieving such a meek and kind-spirited posting pattern that I would never, ever hut another's feelings. That really means it is safe for me to use these forums without having to worry about causing damage to other persons.

Let me clarify something, though: I described those traits as being applicable to ...[text shortened]... w could I have run away? Am I literally supposed to stay and play semantical patty kake all day?
Live your own life . Don't worry about feelings The righteous always win

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
That's rich coming from the guy that just seemed to complain about Philokalia calling things as he sees them.
That’s what he is saying, call it as you see it.

There are only 10 words in his post.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
You might understand, then, why you would hear a criticism like...

This is not courageous, honest, or genuine.
You seem to run away from the nub of every exchange you have here. In debates you posted some of the most blatantly racist comments I’ve ever seen in my time here and then ran away when you got cornered over them.

This idea that you have that posters who challenge you of this stuff somehow lack courage is a hypocritical somescreen by you. It’s a rhetorical device designed to help you escape the intellectual pinch points you find yourself in. Another little tactic you use is to keep telling people about various authors or literary works you have read or are going to read.

Moves
15 Feb 18
1 edit

I interpret your "autistic" comment as being an attempted insult. Don't worry about it though; I have the measure of you.
When you insult people you excuse it with 'people should call things as they see it'. Not so nice when you are on the receiving end is it?

F

Moves
15 Feb 18

When you insult people you excuse it with 'people should call things as they see it'. Not so nice when you are on the receiving end is it?
Philokatia is within his rights to use the word "autistic" like he did. He's calling it how he sees it. And so am I.

The way you keep yapping from the sidelines like this makes it seem you don't actually get what this approach entails.

Moves
15 Feb 18

Philokatia is within his rights to use the word "autistic" like he did. He's calling it how he sees it. And so am I.

The way you keep yapping from the sidelines like this makes it seem you don't actually get what this approach entails.
😴

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Feb 18

The OP asks for you to provide any evidence you feel there is that can be seen on this forum of people "having the indwelt Holy Spirit". Thanks for the "judge yourself" tip, but unless you offer evidence, there is nothing to judge. Such is the nature of this OP/thread.
My reply to the OP was clear, simple and easily understood. Apparently clear, simple and easy is too complicated for you to understand.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you don't have the Spirit in your heart and examine the evidence as to why you don't.

I'll attempt to make it simpler. The root evidence that one is indwelt by the Holy Spirit is that he or she is in agreement with what God has said.

The evidence that one doesn't have the "indwelling Holy Spirit" is that they reject God's Word as his final authority.

Let it sink in. Or you can continue to prove by the evidence of your own words that you lack the Spirit in your heart.

Moves
15 Feb 18

If he is within his rights to use the word "autistic" like he did, what are you whining about? 😀

F

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Perhaps you should ask yourself why you don't have the Spirit in your heart and examine the evidence as to why you don't.
I don't think anyone has "the spirit" in their hearts as you mean it. I'm a non-Christian.

Moves
15 Feb 18

I don't think anyone has "the spirit" in their hearts as you mean it. I'm a non-Christian.
How do you know that what you think is true?

F

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @secondson
I'll attempt to make it simpler. The root evidence that one is indwelt by the Holy Spirit is that he or she is in agreement with what God has said.
Anyone can copy paste religious texts on an online message board and talk about being "in agreement with what God has said". That's not proving anything. What I am interested in is people's demeanour and how they conduct themselves... what indications - in accordance with their own Christian terms of references - are there that this supernatural being is inside them?

Moves
15 Feb 18
1 edit

Anyone can copy paste religious texts on an online message board and talk about being "in agreement with what God has said". That's not proving anything. What I am interested in is people's demeanour and how they conduct themselves... what indications - in accordance with their own Christian terms of references - are there that this supernatural being is inside them?
I believe the Holy Spirit enables us to do things that aren't naturally possible, for example loving your enemies, showing kindness to those that intentionally want to hurt you etc.

F

Moves
15 Feb 18

I believe the Holy Spirit enables us to do things that aren't naturally possible, for example loving your enemies, showing kindness to those that intentionally want to hurt you etc.
The OP is asking about evidence of these things being manifested in this community on this message board and not claims people make about themselves in statements or using Bible quotes. This is a walk-the-walk versus talk-the-talk question.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You seem to run away from the nub of every exchange you have here. In debates you posted some of the most blatantly racist comments I’ve ever seen in my time here and then ran away when you got cornered over them.

This idea that you have that posters who challenge you of this stuff somehow lack courage is a hypocritical somescreen by you. It’s a rhe ...[text shortened]... keep telling people about various authors or literary works you have read or are going to read.
You are really a broken record on this topic, my friend.

I have stated before: all races are equal before God and all people are equal before God. I merely posted some of the material you get from Levin & Rushton. These are BASIC BITCH arguments that are present everywhere.

I am shocked you consider yourself so invested in these arguments but you throw your garbage across the room and stomp around like a madman the second someone brings these up.