"Having the indwelt Holy Spirit"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @philokalia
That's excellent. I just know we'll be friends.
Was that a display of reciprocal honesty or tawdry sarcasm?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 18

I will try to make the discussion sooner than later but you are going to be dreadfully disappointed to learn that I am not a racist.
However, I am positive that you will not believe me.
I'm sure you won't try to make it back to that discussion and that is your choice.

I'm not sure how my perception of you being a casual racist will change, but I'm open to it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 18

That's excellent. I just know we'll be friends.
You see this is where you let yourself down; being sarcastic because you lack the wit to reply with genuine humor, or the courage to respond with honest push-back.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 18

This is the most autistic thing I've read this year.
What other "autistic things" have you read?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 18

Autistic / Autism in a social, political discussion context refers to behavior that is incredibly obsessive, asocial, and hyper-focused on some obscure thing that no one else cares about and trying to boil everything down to this while the rest of the group doesn't even begin to see the importance of it.
No it is not you blithering ignoramus.

"Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how people perceive the world and interact with others. Autistic people see, hear and feel the world differently to other people. If you are autistic, you are autistic for life; autism is not an illness or disease and cannot be 'cured'. Often people feel being autistic is a fundamental aspect of their identity.

Autism is a spectrum condition. All autistic people share certain difficulties, but being autistic will affect them in different ways. Some autistic people also have learning disabilities, mental health issues or other conditions, meaning people need different levels of support. All people on the autism spectrum learn and develop. With the right sort of support, all can be helped to live a more fulfilling life of their own choosing."

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asd.aspx

Most people know of someone who is autistic; my nephew is extreme end autistic.
There are posters at RHP who are autistic.

I shall add "insensitive oaf" to "casual racist" and the rest of the growing list of my perceptions of you.

F

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester

[i]"Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how people perceive the world and interact with others. Autistic people see, hear and feel the world differently to other people. If you are autistic, you are autistic for life; autism is not an illness or disease and cannot be 'cured'. Often people ...[text shortened]... "insensitive oaf" to "casual racist" and the rest of the growing list of my perceptions of you.
Leave him be ~ he was just trying to be condescending in a pseudy way (as usual).

Moves
15 Feb 18

[i]"Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how people perceive the world and interact with others. Autistic people see, hear and feel the world differently to other people. If you are autistic, you are autistic for life; autism is not an illness or disease and cannot be 'cured'. Often people ...[text shortened]... "insensitive oaf" to "casual racist" and the rest of the growing list of my perceptions of you.
You get people doing the same thing with the word 'schizophrenic.'

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Feb 18

I will.

But the water is a bit cold yet still.
If you say its cold then it will be

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The OP is asking about evidence of these things being manifested in this community on this message board and not claims people make about themselves in statements or using Bible quotes. This is a walk-the-walk versus talk-the-talk question.
Taking insults on the chin and responding with love does not come naturally. What is your explanation for it?

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Was that a display of reciprocal honesty or tawdry sarcasm?
You know what, I think that what actually matters is that, even if I extend these words with litle hope and with a hint of sarcasm...

I'd literally be a really good friend to anyone here in the sense that I am a hyper-social person who woudl love you to come to Korea and enjoy some extensive beers and chess matches in my favorite hang-outs.

Seriously, if any ya'll ever come here I'll take you out to some good eats & drinks and will buy you a dinner as my guest.

None of these debates matter and none of our disagreements matter, and this is what makes the most sarcastic and smarmy politeness I put out meaningful.

Don't believe me?

Hey, I've always meant ot take a vacation in Indonesia. I even thought of going there this summer or next winter (taking a big Euro vacation in 2019 to visit some of my acnestors grave and celebrate my cousins 50th). Maybe we'll get some pics of FMF & I on Surf Boards.

Because that's who I am.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 18

Actually, you're wrong.

People regularly refer to the behavior I described as autistic on the internet.

There's a clinical definition and an operative definition.

You know what, I'm a bit chubby. Make some fat jokes. It's fine. I dig it. it's legit.

It's called... Having thick skin and living well no matter what anyone says.

I treat autistic people with respect and loving kindness in real life, and when I make funny observations on the internet I realize taht I am not immune to the jokes or anything, and I try to brign us all down to a FUN level.

You know, the Internet is not serious business, my friend.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Taking insults on the chin and responding with love does not come naturally. What is your explanation for it?
That's the truth.

And truth be told: I am drinking. Have been dirnking for 6-7 hours. I am a big guy, though, and a big drinker, so even a liter of the vodka and some beer still has me on the better side of drunk.

But still, my lips are looser, and I will say that this is a true statement.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Feb 18

There is no possibility of spiritual growth without humility.

I am no better than anyone here. Just look at my ELO. I am NOT a good chess player and blunder frequently. I blunder in my conversations.

I try to be legitimately as friendly and forgiving as possible but it does come off as ingenuine sometimes, and sometimes I am overtly a bit hostile.

Yeah, but look at what I deal with. I am not a Saint and cannot uphold my goal all the time.

But hey, forgive me, guys. At the end of the day the promise stands -- I will buy you dinner and drinks if you come out here and I will be a gracious person regardless of your religious or political beliefs, or your race, gender, sexuality, ability or disability, etc.

I would rather die than be thought of as a petty, vindictive man.

May I be inflicted with disease & rot in the grave before the year is out before I be found to be inhospitable, cruel, petty, or vidnictive to others in a serious, real life situation.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Feb 18
2 edits

Actually, you're wrong.

You know what, I'm a bit chubby. Make some fat jokes. It's fine. I dig it. it's legit.

I treat aut ...[text shortened]... brign us all down to a FUN level.

I'm afraid I am going to have to cast you down with the detritus of these fora.

I quoted from the website of the national autistic organisation - I'm pretty confident that they have more of an inkling about autism than you do.

Who gives a shlt what "people on the internet" refer to!!?

I've rarely seen someone arrive at RHP and step in as many metaphorical cow-pats as you have.

No we will never be friends and yes it does matter what you post.

Moves
15 Feb 18

Actually, you're wrong.

I treat aut ...[text shortened]... brign us all down to a FUN level.

Can you provide an 'operative definition' usage of autism that isn't stereotyping, trivializing and offensive to people with the 'clinical definition' of autism?

Thanks.