1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 17:57
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    he doesnt actually explain anything, thats why its so funny. it is literally nonsense. if he actually made a point then we could agree or disagree. did you think he made any valid points?

an example would be "nature cannot pass on information" is there anybody else on the planet that would agree with this statement?
    He didn't say "nature cannot pass on information". The video is crap but if you're going to criticise it at least be accurate.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 17:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHiVYLlksE
    Your continued trolling here is a pathetic sham, as is your pretence at being a Christian, as is your pretence at being a 2260 rated chess player. What's it like to be a fake person in identity, spirituality and intellect?
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 18:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Nobel prize???, LOL, Barack H. Obama won a Nobel prize for peace, just after starting a
    war with Afghanistan, it is to laugh!
    Nobel prize =/= Nobel peace prize Robbie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Peace_Prize
    The Nobel Peace Prize [...] is one of the five Nobel Prizes bequeathed by the Swedish industrialist and inventor Alfred Nobel, along with the prizes in Chemistry, Physics, Physiology or Medicine, and Literature. It is awarded to those who have "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Prize
    The Nobel Prize [...] is a set of annual international awards bestowed in a number of categories by Scandinavian committees in recognition of cultural and scientific advances. The will of the Swedish chemist Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite, established the prizes in 1895. The prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, and Peace were first awarded in 1901.[1]
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 18:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He didn't say "nature cannot pass on information". The video is crap but if you're going to criticise it at least be accurate.
    i was paraphrasing but thats basically what he says between 3:20 and 3:50.

something like "nature cannot create information, cannot communicate, it has no sender or receiver, information is knowledge passed between a sender and a receiver"
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 18:29
    While the guy looks like a goof ball I do think the part about were intent or will of design is intriguing. He uses the words special creation. Like we can all look at a watch and know that it was specially designed or created with intent to tell time LOL

Manny
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 18:29
    he doesnt actually explain anything, thats why its so funny. it is literally nonsense. if he actually made a point then we could agree or disagree. did you think he made any valid points?

an example would be "nature cannot pass on information" is there anybody else on the planet that would agree with this statement?
    No he didn't go into any great detail but did he have too? Could not anyone with a working and reasoning mind and with basic knowledge of life in general see what he is saying makes sense?
    But anyway here is your opportunity or anyone elses chance to explain how this DNA stuff could JUST happen. We'll be waiting.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 18:33
    i was paraphrasing but thats basically what he says between 3:20 and 3:50.

something like "nature cannot create information, cannot communicate, it has no sender or receiver, information is knowledge passed between a sender and a receiver"
    Yes he said "cannot create information" in referring (I think) to the fact that genetic mutation can lose information, suppress the expression of existing information, but has never been shown to create NEW information.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 18:402 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No he didn't go into any great detail but did he have too? Could not anyone with a working and reasoning mind and with basic knowledge of life in general see what he is saying makes sense?
    But anyway here is your opportunity or anyone elses chance to explain how this DNA stuff could JUST happen. We'll be waiting.
    There are a couple of "themes" in his video blog which I have been interested in (no evidence of new information being one) but he makes the typical "fundamentalist" error of trying to make scientific claims which are a) unsupported by evidence and b) largely incoherent scientifically.

For example his rambling through the algorithm paper near the end is beyond clumsy and it's evident that whilst the use of DNA constructs being used in computer programming is interesting, without him having at least an ounce of knowledge of the subject destroyed any credibility he had in presenting it as an argument.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 18:541 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    why do you want me to explain this? how does my opinion validate or invalidate what the crazy guy is saying. is the logic that if i dont know the answer then i dont know when somebody else is getting it wrong? so if somebody sticks up a video of a man saying a black hole is made of cheese and i couldn't explain exactly what a black hole is then i shouldnt say the cheese guy is talking rubbish?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 19:02
    Yes he said "cannot create information" in referring (I think) to the fact that genetic mutation can lose information, suppress the expression of existing information, but has never been shown to create NEW information.
    Why do you call a 'fact' something you clearly don't understand - and worse didn't even bother to think about. I mean a mutation is by definition the creation of new information. Or do you have some cleverly crafted definition for "information" that allows you to talk nonsense whilst supposedly not lying?
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 19:13
    he also said the other things i put in my reply. regardless, information is everywhere and it is processed in many different ways. we know some animals and plants pass information vocally, with colour, movement, smells, liquids and so on, they also pass on information through genetic memory, dna and dna mutations (if he disagrees with this lets see him volunteer to have his balls zapped with radiation).
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 19:151 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why do you call a 'fact' something you clearly don't understand - and worse didn't even bother to think about. I mean a mutation is by definition the creation of new information. Or do you have some cleverly crafted definition for "information" that allows you to talk nonsense whilst supposedly not lying?
    Calm down at bit please; I like a lot of your posts but you are often so aggressively condensing that I switch off.

A mutation is not "the creation of new information"; not by "definition" or otherwise. In fact a mutation is just a manifestation of a sample of some genetic information and in no way defines the source of the information or whether it is a result of less, more or indeed suppressed information. So on what basis do you make this claim that "a mutation is by definition a creation of new information"?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 19:17
    he also said the other things i put in my reply. regardless, information is everywhere and it is processed in many different ways. we know some animals and plants pass information vocally, with colour, movement, smells, liquids and so on, they also pass on information through genetic memory, dna and dna mutations (if he disagrees with this lets see him volunteer to have his balls zapped with radiation).
    Of course I agree that information is "passed on". What else is reproduction.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 19:21
    Calm down at bit please; I like a lot of your posts but you are often so aggressively condensing that I switch off.

A mutation is not "the creation of new information"; not by "definition" or otherwise. In fact a mutation is just a manifestation of a sample of some genetic information and in no way defines the source of the information or whether it ...[text shortened]... u make this claim that "a mutation is by definition a creation of new information"?
    you dont have cancer. you then suffer a genetic mutation because you moved to chernobyl and you develop cancer. the cancer is a mutation of your dna making it create new strands that it didnt previous to exposure to radiation. voila new information.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 19:23
    The Information Challenge

By Richard Dawkins

http://www.skeptics.com.au/publications/articles/the-information-challenge/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree