1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 17:47
    Originally posted by humy
    “...But the bottom line that's being argued here is that some are saying it was impossible ...”

it is impossible unless, of course, there exists the absurdity of true 'miracles' which, without being pedantic about it, are absurd by definition.
    All of our births are a miracle. If not explain how it happens.....
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 18:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    so your definition of a miracle is something you don't understand.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 20:22
    births? really. do you mean the conception? ive been involved a couple of times at both, there was defiantly some magic happening at the conception no miracles at the births though. just some quality doctors and nurses doing a good job....ohh and my wife she helped a bit.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 20:26
    “...But the bottom line that's being argued here is that some are saying it was impossible ...”

it is impossible unless, of course, there exists the absurdity of true 'miracles' which, without being pedantic about it, are absurd by definition.
    Doesn't the existence of life and all that is in the universe seem to be a miracle
    to you? Or do you just pick and choose what miracles are absurd like the rest
    of us? Do you call it absurd when the Holy Bible says all things are possible
    with God, when He is the one reported to have made all thing? Is it absurd to
    believe or disbelieve in God when you can't prove to everyone that God exists
    or that He does not exist? Don't we all label things absurd based on our belief
    systems. I call evolution and the "Big Bang" absurd, while others are of the
    opinion that it is on the cutting edge of science. But opinion is not science.
    Therefore, the opinion that evolution is a proven fact is also not science. This
    is the reason we need science and religion to work together so we can all see
    what is really absurd and what is true.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 20:35
    So all we can do is use our imaginations and that's all that's being discussed.
    So most of what you are saying, you just make up on the spur of the moment?

But the bottom line that's being argued here is that some are saying it was impossible but we know it did and that's that.
    No, some people are saying it was impossible under the current laws of physics and the known workings of the world. This is simply undeniably the case. Which is why I wonder why you don't simply accept it as an obvious miracle and leave it at that. Instead, you end up looking like foolish or a liar as you make up more and more fantastic explanations for how it might happen in a non-miraculous fashion.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 23:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Doesn't the existence of life and all that is in the universe seem to be a miracle
    to you? Or do you just pick and choose what miracles are absurd like the rest
    of us? Do you call it absurd when the Holy Bible says all things are possible
    with God, when He is the one reported to have made all thing? Is it absurd to
    believe or disbelieve in God when yo ...[text shortened]... ce and religion to work together so we can all see
    what is really absurd and what is true.
    “...Doesn't the existence of life and all that is in the universe seem to be a miracle
    to you? ...”

No. Why should it “seem” like a “miracle”? A 'miracle' is, by definition, something that cannot be explained rationally by understanding of natural law. All that has been observed in the universe to date can be explained rationally by understanding of natural law so cannot be defined as a miracle.

The rest of your post is irrelevant as it has already been debunked.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 23:421 edit
    “...Doesn't the existence of life and all that is in the universe seem to be a miracle
    to you? ...”

No. Why should it “seem” like a “miracle”? A 'miracle' is, by definition, something that cannot be explained rationally by understanding of natural law. All that has been observed in the universe to date can be explained rationally by understanding of natura ...[text shortened]... defined as a miracle.

The rest of your post is irrelevant as it has already been debunked.
    What authority has explained it? Where is your reference?
    What or Who is the "singularity"?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 03:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead

[b]But the bottom line that's being argued here is that some are saying it was impossible but we know it did and that's that.

No, some people are saying it was impossible under the current laws of physics and the known workings of the world. This is simply undeniably the c ...[text shortened]... up more and more fantastic explanations for how it might happen in a non-miraculous fashion.[/b]
    Back off and be reasonable in your speach.... I'm not a liar and I don't appreciated being called one.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 08:00
    Back off and be reasonable in your speach.... I'm not a liar and I don't appreciated being called one.
    My apologies if that is how it came across. That is not what I intended to say. I was trying to say that as you make up more and more fantastic explanations, you will get branded a liar - not that you are one.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 11:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What authority has explained it? Where is your reference?
    What or Who is the "singularity"?
    Yet again, you pretend all the known scientific facts don't exist.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 14:47
    Yet again, you pretend all the known scientific facts don't exist.
    There is science fact and science fiction. One must be able to tell the difference. 😏
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 15:35
    My apologies if that is how it came across. That is not what I intended to say. I was trying to say that as you make up more and more fantastic explanations, you will get branded a liar - not that you are one.
    Apology accepted. But just because I don't agree with you or have a different thought on a subject that none of us have a clear answer on does not mean I'm right or wrong and neither would you be. None of us were there to see and none of us have been told by God how he did this..right?
    Maybe you are completly right and you could be and if so that would be fine with me.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 17:201 edit

[b]But the bottom line that's being argued here is that some are saying it was impossible but we know it did and that's that.

No, some people are saying it was impossible under the current laws of physics and the known workings of the world. This is simply undeniably the c up more and more fantastic explanations for how it might happen in a non-miraculous fashion.[/b]
    Isn't this what evolutionists do when they make up more and more fantastic
    explanations for how it might happen in a non-miraculous fashion?

P.S. Of course, they need billions or trillions of years to make their ideas
    look like it might happen in a non-miraculous fashion.
  14. Joined
    03 Apr '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 20:17
    That video was really funny. Aside from a complete lack of credibility - this from some of the statements the individual made (adenine binding with adenine - completely false), or perhaps his in-depth explanation (blabla) of the math at the end, we may observe a certain incoherency in his wording.

If I could discern his argument, I may be able to take that guy a trifle more seriously. As it is, I maintain my opinion that he has no clue about what he is trying to explain.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 21:11
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    That video was really funny. Aside from a complete lack of credibility - this from some of the statements the individual made (adenine binding with adenine - completely false), or perhaps his in-depth explanation (blabla) of the math at the end, we may observe a certain incoherency in his wording.

If I could discern his argument, I may be able to take ...[text shortened]... riously. As it is, I maintain my opinion that he has no clue about what he is trying to explain.
    It may be true that he lacks some knowledge on the subject to explain it well.
    But his main point was not that he understood all the mathematics and
    computer programming, but you guys need to use your mind and think about
    how this refutes evolution happening by random chance or the universe
    coming into existence by random chance. Obviously, you do not want to
    use your brain for that purpose. Some major revisions in some scientific
    theories need to be revised.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree