1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 07:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The insertion of Jehovah is no big deal. It is all the other changes they
    did to try to deny Jesus the proper honor He desires as the second
    person of the Trinity that I think is despicable.
    lol, take your pagan worship to the temple, offer up incense to your pantheon of Gods and let us worship the father and give honour and glory to the son.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 07:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, take your pagan worship to the temple, offer up incense to your pantheon of Gods and let us worship the father and give honour and glory to the son.
    I worship ONE GOD in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the
    Holy Spirit. There is only ONE GOD and He is the God I worshp.
    I do not worship a patheon of Gods. You are mistaken again.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 07:38
    I worship ONE GOD in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the
    Holy Spirit. There is only ONE GOD and He is the God I worshp.
    I do not worship a patheon of Gods. You are mistaken again.
    i beg to differ, i think you dont know what you worship.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 09:52
    i beg to differ, i think you dont know what you worship.
    You can beg all you want to, but it ain't gonna do you no good.
    For I know the God I worship. He is the creator of the heavens and
    the earth. He is the God of Abraham. Isaac, and Jacob. He is the God
    of Moses and Noah. He is the only true God and Savior of the world.
    But you don't know Him.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 10:48
    You can beg all you want to, but it ain't gonna do you no good.
    For I know the God I worship. He is the creator of the heavens and
    the earth. He is the God of Abraham. Isaac, and Jacob. He is the God
    of Moses and Noah. He is the only true God and Savior of the world.
    But you don't know Him.
    i still beg to differ, i dont think you know anything about the God you profess to worship. what's his name.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 14:10
    i still beg to differ, i dont think you know anything about the God you profess to worship. what's his name.
    There you go begging again.

He has a name above every name so that at His name everyone should
    bow and He loves me. That is all I need to know.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 15:07
    There you go begging again.

He has a name above every name so that at His name everyone should
    bow and He loves me. That is all I need to know.
    Acts 2:21
    New Living Translation (NLT)

21 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
    will be saved.’[a]

Why does this scripture not use Jesus's name here?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 15:48
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Nope sorry. Not being rude but Jesus said what he said. If it was some parable or hyperbole then the whole thing he spoke of here would be a parable.
    The point is here he clearly spoke of two different groups and two different places for them to eventually go to.
    There is a logical issue that maybe you can clear up, with respect to there being "different groups." Saying "you will have X" to a person who embodies characteristic A, and or "you will have Y" to a person who embodies characteristic B, does not exclude giving X and Y to a person who embodies both A and B. In fact, it promises both to that person, in two separate promises. Are meekness and poorness of spirit somehow logically exclusive to one another, so that one cannot have both? Maybe someone can explain all this exclusivity of destinations when it is not expressed in Matthew toward the person who possesses both characteristics.

This also raises the question of what "poor in spirit" means. Meekness has an aura of virtue; does not also properly understood poorness of spirit? The blessed have a wealth of something, so it seems they are both characteristics whose possession is to be valued and retained and eventually, honored.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 16:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    There is a logical issue that maybe you can clear up, with respect to there being "different groups." Saying "you will have X" to a person who embodies characteristic A, and or "you will have Y" to a person who embodies characteristic B, does not exclude giving X and Y to a person who embodies both A and B. In fact, it promises both to that person, in two sep ...[text shortened]... h characteristics whose possession is to be valued and retained and eventually, honored.
    Poor in spirit is simply referring to ones who have no interest in worldy riches or goals. They are willing to give up all these things and even to the extent of giving up their life's as their hope is a heavenly one.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 16:17
    There is a logical issue that maybe you can clear up, with respect to there being "different groups." Saying "you will have X" to a person who embodies characteristic A, and or "you will have Y" to a person who embodies characteristic B, does not exclude giving X and Y to a person who embodies both A and B. In fact, it promises both to that person, in two sep ...[text shortened]... h characteristics whose possession is to be valued and retained and eventually, honored.
    Thanks G75. Could you address the first part? Matthew 5 1 - 5 seems to promise both Heaven and Earth to one who is both meek and poor of spirit.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 16:20
    Thanks G75. Could you address the first part? Matthew 5 1 - 5 seems to promise both Heaven and Earth to one who is both meek and poor of spirit.
    Sure. I'll get back soon as I'm opening the office for work..
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 16:27
    Nope sorry. Not being rude but Jesus said what he said. If it was some parable or hyperbole then the whole thing he spoke of here would be a parable.
    The point is here he clearly spoke of two different groups and two different places for them to eventually go to.
    I don't think you're rude. I just think you're wrong. But that's okay. Christians differ all the time.🙂
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 16:29
    Acts 2:21
    New Living Translation (NLT)

21 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
    will be saved.’[a]

Why does this scripture not use Jesus's name here?
    I thought it did . All my 45+ years of Sunday School taught God = Lord = Jesus, so the terms are interchangeable.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 18:04
    Well again the "poor in spirit" or "little flock" are ones who thru their actions and heart conditions has been chosen by God to go to heaven to rule with Jesus as "Kings and Priest" and to rule with Jesus over the earth and mankind.
    And the meek ones who are not of that "little flock" that Jesus spoke of that will go to heaven, is the " great crowd" that Jesus described here as inheriting the earth.
    To help clear this up a little, before Jesus came to earth man never knew about anyone going to heaven after their death. It was never mentioned at all in any scriptures in the Hebrew scriptures or by any of God's people. Their only hope was to be resurrected someday back on this planet.
    But after Jesus arrived he explained that there would now be a "Little Flock" of chosen ones that as a reward for their being "no part of the world" or "poor" they would have the priviledge of being resurrected to heaven and serve with Jesus as "co-rulers" with him for a thousand years.
    There are no other scriptures at all in the Greek or new testiment that say that all good humans go to heaven after they die. So this is why their meek and godloving mentallity and heart allows them to once again live on the earth which is where God intended all humans to live.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 18:06
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I thought it did . All my 45+ years of Sunday School taught God = Lord = Jesus, so the terms are interchangeable.
    No it doesn't. Most Bibles all say LORD and with a little reasearch one will see that it replaces God's name Jehovah or YHWH.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree