Heaven

Heaven

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
01 Jun 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
I read the Bible daily bro.

I qoute John 14:6
That's a rarity and btw doesnt conflict with Matthew 25 like the posts you usually have from Paul.

Are you begining to see the Light RB?

b

Moves
01 Jun 05

Originally posted by vistesd
Look, I understand your position that a person must accept the gift offered (and not only accept it, but accept it in the right way according to the standards of your version of Christianity, and accept it in this mortal lifetime).
Can you explain what my version of Christianity is? Where did I make my own religion?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jun 05

Originally posted by bobbob1056th
Can you explain what my version of Christianity is? Where did I make my own religion?
I guess you did since you think hate is OK, when Jesus told you to love even your enemies.

b

Moves
01 Jun 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
I guess you did since you think hate is OK, when Jesus told you to love even your enemies.
Yes, love your enemies because you hate evil. That's from the Bible, not me.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jun 05

?????????????????????????

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
01 Jun 05

Rejecting Christ's words while pretending to be a christian?

burn Goat

Hmmm . . .

Moves
01 Jun 05
1 edit

To be fair, I probably should not have said “your version.” I certainly do not know your whole understanding of the Christian message, only whatever glimpses you post here. But I will suggest this, pertaining to your post on God’s perfection and tolerance (which is all I really intended to address): search out the Hebrew and Greek meanings of the words that are translated into English as “perfect” and “sin.” And remember that, as a limited and imperfect being, no matter how you read and interpret the Bible, you are likely to do so imperfectly. None of us can do more than “see now as in a mirror dimly,” and it does not matter who or how many others see it just as we do. Trust in God’s grace and love, no matter what you “believe” or I “believe” (in the more contemporary meanings of that word, not what it means when it is used to translate the NT Greek word pisteo—another hint for study); that is what the faith of the Gospels is.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
01 Jun 05

If someone doesn't know who Jesus or what hell is they will go there.
That is why we MUST preach the Gospel Romans 10:14-15.[/b]
So what you're saying is that even if someone has never had the opportunity to either accept or reject your god they will go to your god's hell?

l

London

Moves
01 Jun 05

I am just saying what the word of God says without Jesus the wrath of God is still on you John 3:36.

If someone doesn't know who Jesus or what hell is they will go there.
That is why we MUST preach the Gospel Romans 10:14-15.
Actually Jn 3:36 talks of those who disobey God (disobedience is a wilful rejection of a command; not the same as an inability to obey a command due to unavoidable reasons such as ignorance).

Besides, how do you interpret Romans 2:14-16 if people who have never heard of Jesus are doomed to Hell?

l

London

Moves
01 Jun 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
The words of Christ are God's own

How do you guys derive Paul overiding Christ words on salvation'

and you asserting what you just did makes mockery of Christ's words
You're as bad as some of the CR in the "Broken Record Dept."

Get over it. Both the words of Christ and the Epistles of Paul are part of the Bible. Both the evangelist and Paul are drawing from the same source when they write.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
01 Jun 05

Mark 10:17 Now as Jesus was starting out on his way, someone ran up to him, fell on his knees, and said, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 10:18 Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? NO ONE IS GOOD EXCEPT GOD ALONE.

RBHill doesn't damn anyone to hell. He simply speaks the truth of Jesus Christ. God is the only one who damns people to hell.
"Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

OK, so Jesus isn't God.

There's too many contradictions in that book.

l

London

Moves
01 Jun 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight

OK, so Jesus isn't God.

Where does he say "Don't call me good"?

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
01 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Where does he say "Don't call me good"?
Mark 10:18
I don't think he used your words though, ie, he didn't command the man not to call him good.

EDIT: I don't know about other versions.

b

Moves
01 Jun 05

OK, so Jesus isn't God.

If you want to get an explanation of this you can search the internet. It is not a contradiction at all.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
01 Jun 05

OK, so Jesus isn't God.

For there to be a contradiction, you must first have two statements, two propositions. You have one proposition and one question. I think what you have here is a enthymeme. So what propositions are un-stated, and what conclusion is being implied?