Hebrews 1:3

Hebrews 1:3

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 20

Jesus commanded the apostles:
"go and baptise in the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy spirit."

There is not one instance in the entire NT where the disciples baptised using the trinitarian formula - which incidentally is entirely relevant.

The disciples baptised using the name of Jesus every single time without fail - thus: I baptise you in the name of Jesus Christ

and never: I baptise you in the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy spirit

So what is the one single name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy ghost? it is Jesus. Jesus is the name of the Father and the holy spirit - it's right there in Acts!

Irrespective of doves, prayers, calling out, they are the same single person, the same single entity. Not three. Three is pagan and totally unscriptural. The disciples new this.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
http://www.christadelphia.org/trinityhistory.php

Perhaps if you really want to make sure, absolutely sure you have this trinity belief right, you should take a day out of your life's and look this over. You just might change your minds. That is if your life and your relationship with God is really that important to you.

Here is just a sampling of what can be learned ...[text shortened]... cal wisdom into God’s Word and changed the truth into a lie; they changed Son of God to God the Son.
I'm giving you scripture for what I believe, and you are giving me quotes from people who do not believe in the doctrine. Unless you can speak to this using scripture I'm not impressed seeing the names of people who don't agree with the doctrine. I'm not giving you a litany of names of those that believe in it; this is not a contest of names but Biblical doctrine.

The claim that this doctrine was from Babylon, please give the names of those that went there and got this doctrine, or something to go on besides the statement it came from Babylon. Who went to Babylon, what were their names, when did they go, what did they do and why? There is a lot of Greek mythologies, and there are a lot of pagan religious beliefs if a proof isn't required to show why and how this doctrine contaminated Christianity from Babylon, then I too can say anything anyone believes came from these sources! I am asking you to stick with scripture, not names of people I don't know or care about, or claims without factual historical proofs that these things occurred the way you claimed.

There very well could have been beliefs in Babylon similar in nature to the Trinity, I doubt, but I will admit I don’t know. Only having ideas similar to the Trinity doesn’t dismiss the scriptural content I have been giving, neither does it dissolve the scriptural content by giving me names of people who don’t believe in it. I can give you a bunch of familiar names on this site that don’t believe in it. It is scripture not our opinions where this discussion should be kept.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 20

@kellyjay said
I'm giving you scripture for what I believe, and you are giving me quotes from people who do not believe in the doctrine. Unless you can speak to this using scripture I'm not impressed seeing the names of people who don't agree with the doctrine. I'm not giving you a litany of names of those that believe in it; this is not a contest of names but Biblical doctrine.

The cla ...[text shortened]... ite that don’t believe in it. It is scripture not our opinions where this discussion should be kept.
"go and baptise in the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy spirit."

There is not one instance in the entire NT where the disciples baptised using the trinitarian formula - which incidentally is entirely relevant.

The disciples baptised using the name of Jesus every single time without fail - thus: I baptise you in the name of Jesus Christ

and never: I baptise you in the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy spirit

So what is the one single name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy ghost? it is Jesus. Jesus is the name of the Father and the holy spirit - it's right there in Acts!

Irrespective of doves, prayers, calling out, they are the same single person, the same single entity. Not three. Three is pagan and totally unscriptural. The disciples new this.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20
1 edit

@kellyjay said

The cla ...[text shortened]... ite that don’t believe in it. It is scripture not our opinions where this discussion should be kept.
Hummm? So no humans today even ones who have no reason in reality to care one way or the other about the trinity but are experts in their field of history, mean nothing to you?
Does not the Bible itself saying that Babylon was destroyed by the will of God because of it's pagan teachings which one of the major ones is the trinity's they believed?
Knowing that Jehovah obviously knew this society and had it destroyed and knowing they originated the ideas of 3 in 1 God's and he had written in the Bible that he is ( 1 ) God, does that not ring a note of "maybe I should check into this a little deeper"?
I'm just wondering what it would take?
You know the more I think about what your asking me to do is something I'm not going to do. There is more then enough evidence as to where the trinity came from. It's not up to me to prove it. If you are not interested in searching this out then that's your option. I can paste page after page of historical proof but if you don't see that it's there in black and white, that is up to you.
More then enough scriptures and just common sense has been shown by others here that it's not a true teaching. You accept some scriptures in the Bible that in your opinion say what you want them to say then the clear ones that completely deny the trinity, you and the others that believe in the trinity blow off as not really meaning what they say. That is twisting the bible and changing what it says. That is a serious thing to do in God's eyes. Beware my friend.

F

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
Does not the Bible itself saying that Babylon was destroyed by the will of God because of it's pagan teachings which one of the major ones is the trinity's they believed?
Destruction of Babylon: approx. 500 BC

Jesus: around 1 BC

The doctrine of "The Trinity": approx. 250-350 AD

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20

@FMF

Do some more home work....

F

Moves
08 Jan 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
@FMF

Do some more home work....
Where does the Bible say that Babylon was destroyed by the will of God because of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity?

F

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
You know the more I think about what your asking me to do is something I'm not going to do. There is more then enough evidence as to where the trinity came from. It's not up to me to prove it.
The doctrine of "the Trinity" is an attempt by followers of Jesus to explain the nature of the Abrahamic God in the light of who those Christians believe Jesus was. The fact that it can be described by some as convoluted or difficult to understand - or even contentious - does not make it "pagan" and it does not make it "evil".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
Hummm? So no humans today even ones who have no reason in reality to care one way or the other about the trinity but are experts in their field of history, mean nothing to you?
Knowing that Jehovah ...[text shortened]... the bible and changing what it says. That is a serious thing to do in God's eyes. Beware my friend.
Again, scripture produce scripture! I have been sharing the word with you, you are not. As I have said, quoting those that do not believe is meaningless to me, I can quote those that do believe in it and neither of them will be meaningful if the doctrine can be or cannot be backed up by the Word of God.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
08 Jan 20

@fmf said
Where does the Bible say that Babylon was destroyed by the will of God because of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity?
Daniel 5:24 - 30, attributes the Fall of Babylon to God permitting regime change. The Trinity is not mentioned.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
Knowing that Jehovah ...[text shortened]... the bible and changing what it says. That is a serious thing to do in God's eyes. Beware my friend.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jan 20

@deepthought said
Daniel 5:24 - 30, attributes the Fall of Babylon to God permitting regime change. The Trinity is not mentioned.
The "trinity" is not mentioned anywhere in the bible.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20

@FMF
Do your homework....

F

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
@FMF
Do your homework....
Your complete cop-out is noted.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20

@deepthought said
No it isn't. I never said it did. It was destroyed by Jehovah because of the entire paganistic nature of the society.

"While Babylon had great military might, she was more renowned for something else: She was the center of false religion in that ancient world. It is said that the remains of no less than 53 temples have been discovered in the city’s ruins. The World Book Encyclopedia says: “Babylonians never really rejected earlier gods, however, so the number of gods they worshiped grew into the thousands. There were patron .gods and goddesses of each city-state as well as gods representing such things as the sun, moon, and stars, the weather, crops, rivers, and the land.”
Babylon’s religious influence was so strong that in time it even affected Christendom. To this day, false religious beliefs and practices of post-Flood Babylon can be found in almost all the religions of this world.​—Gen. 11:1-9.
Watchtower 1980