Hebrews 1:3

Hebrews 1:3

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20

@fmf said
Your complete cop-out is noted.
Lol. You don't know it all buddy. Do your home work...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20

@fmf said
The doctrine of "the Trinity" is an attempt by followers of Jesus to explain the nature of the Abrahamic God in the light of who those Christians believe Jesus was. The fact that it can be described by some as convoluted or difficult to understand - or even contentious - does not make it "pagan" and it does not make it "evil".
Great word, "attempt" is perfect. Again if you'd do the research, just even a little you just might learn something, like for instance that the trinity doctrine came from Babylon. Not a God loving society at all nor did God approve of it at all. He directed it's destruction.
The trinity mumbo jumbo though like may other false teachings still survive to today. Satan has seen to that. It is a belief still taught by churches that do not follow the bible in many things and are still a part of Babylons teachings and are included in what the Bible calls "Babylon the Great" which will be destroyed right before Armageddon.
Read your bible!!!!!

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
Lol. You don't know it all buddy. Do your home work...
The three dates that FMF stated are correct, as his observation that you are "coping out".

Moves
08 Jan 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
The trinity mumbo jumbo though like may other false teachings still survive to today. Satan has seen to that. It is a belief still taught by churches that do not follow the bible in many things and are still a part of Babylons teachings and are included in what the Bible calls "Babylon the Great" which will be destroyed right before Armageddon.
The irony of you, a dyed-in-the-wool generational member of one of the most globally notorious religious cults... writing that, is astonishing.

Moves
08 Jan 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said

Read your bible!!!!!
Tell us where in Bible it tells us not to have blood transfusions and to let children die rather than permitting them to have one.

I'm pretty sure that child sacrifice is frowned upon in the Bible...

F

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
Great word, "attempt" is perfect. Again if you'd do the research, just even a little you just might learn something, like for instance that the trinity doctrine came from Babylon. Not a God loving society at all nor did God approve of it at all. He directed it's destruction.
The trinity mumbo jumbo though like may other false teachings still survive to today. Satan has ...[text shortened]... le calls "Babylon the Great" which will be destroyed right before Armageddon.
Read your bible!!!!!
You have trotted out your little riff about how you and I and everybody has "tiny minds" more times than I can remember.

These "tiny minds" cannot truly comprehend the nature of God ~ you've said it so many times.

So, when it comes to followers of Jesus, what does your "attempt" or anyone else's "attempt" to encapsulate the nature of God and of Jesus and of the Holy Spirit really have to be so laughably smackdown?

Each attempt is, at its essence, amounts to a striving to comprehend God conducted by "tiny minds". You have basically conceded it yourself.

Why you would swagger around - with your self-declared "tiny mind" - insisting that all the other "tiny minds" here accept YOUR declarations about how YOUR "attempt" is correct and true, and that all those that are different from YOURS are "pagan" and "Satanic", I do not know.

F

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
Read your bible!!!!!
The way you conduct yourself and the stuff you write lets you down. You are a poor advocate of your beliefs.

Moves
08 Jan 20

@fmf said
The way you conduct yourself and the stuff you write lets you down. You are a poor advocate of your beliefs.
But the hours logged in door-knocking and rolling with the rebuffs tell a different story.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jan 20

@galveston75 said
The trinity mumbo jumbo though like may other false teachings still survive to today. Satan has ...[text shortened]... le calls "Babylon the Great" which will be destroyed right before Armageddon.
Read your bible!!!!!
The doctrine of Trinity is found in the Old and New Testaments. If you are suggesting, scriptures have been altered to reflect Babylon’s beliefs share what was correct scriptures before and the corrupted text after the pollution of the Bible. I don’t believe that it occurred, so I cannot prove the negative you have to demonstrate these flaws in the scriptures.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20

@fmf said
You have trotted out your little riff about how you and I and everybody has "tiny minds" more times than I can remember.

These "tiny minds" cannot truly comprehend the nature of God ~ you've said it so many times.

So, when it comes to followers of Jesus, what does your "attempt" or anyone else's "attempt" to encapsulate the nature of God and of Jesus and of the Holy Spiri ...[text shortened]... and true, and that all those that are different from YOURS are "pagan" and "Satanic", I do not know.
Lol. No you don't know.

Moves
08 Jan 20

@kellyjay said
The doctrine of Trinity is found in the Old and New Testaments. If you are suggesting, scriptures have been altered to reflect Babylon’s beliefs share what was correct scriptures before and the corrupted text after the pollution of the Bible. I don’t believe that it occurred, so I cannot prove the negative you have to demonstrate these flaws in the scriptures.
Do you accept that the doctrine of the Trinity is not plainly revealed in the Old Testament?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 20
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Not one scripture is flawed. It's ones comprehension, influence or sometimes just being head strong that gets one to see it in a not so correct light. Or one is just following what their religion tells them and what has always been excepted.

What is your thought on this scripture? Acts 8: 37?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Is this scripture lying about who Jesus is? His he the son of God Jehovah ( just as I am my father's son here today ) or is this wrong and Jesus is actually God almighty? My relationship with my father is a pretty normal one. He gave me life by way of my mother. So he is the first step in my life become a real thing.
What about this scripture would make the term Father and son mean something different? If they are really the same why not just say it truthfully and clearly so all of us would get a clear picture of who they are right?

Moves
08 Jan 20

@kellyjay said
The doctrine of Trinity is found in the Old and New Testaments.
No it isn’t!

What the OT does say, many many times is:

“HEAR OH ISRAEL, THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ONE”

No apologies for the capitalisation

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jan 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do you accept that the doctrine of the Trinity is not plainly revealed in the Old Testament?
I believe that it is there, yes, but not declared. It wasn’t until Christ that the plurality use of words like ”Us” becomes apparent.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
08 Jan 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
No it isn't. I never said it did. It was destroyed by Jehovah because of the entire paganistic nature of the society.

"While Babylon had great military might, she was more renowned for something else: She was the center of false religion in that ancient world. It is said that the remains of no less than 53 temples have been discovered in the city’s ruins. The World Boo ...[text shortened]... ood Babylon can be found in almost all the religions of this world.​—Gen. 11:1-9.
Watchtower 1980
Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand. Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein. Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them. They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king’s palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.

Daniel 5:1-5

What I'm getting from this is not that Babylon fell because they worshiped Pagan Gods, why should they be? The Israelites are God's chosen, the Babylonians can worship who they want. That they had a party using the various goblets taken from the First Temple seems to be the problem. So I don't think that your case holds.

After the fall it became a province of the Achaemenid Empire it was still an important centre, but it slowly faded over the next millennium. It was never destroyed as such, it just became less and less important with fewer and fewer inhabitants. What you are saying is ahistorical, and doesn't fit with what is in Daniel.